shape
carat
color
clarity

I need your ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Hi girls!
So, if you didn''t know, I need to do some research for my dissertation. I was going to see if I could ask ladies like you on various wedding planning forums, but after having a look at policies on several sites, it seems I''ll have to scratch that plan. Have any of you got any bright ideas where I might be able to find a lot of brides(and grooms!) to be (or newly engaged couples who need a photographer) that does NOT include a sending out links to a personal website or blog or whatever? I''m thinking of printing out a load of my surveys and taking them into Bridal shops near me, but I want to be sure that I attract enough people. Is there something obvious I''m not thinking about? I''m slightly limited in that I have to have it ethically approved by the uni before I do anything, and it takes a little while!

Also, check out how strong willed I am! I bought a wedding magazine because there was an article in it that could be helpful for me, and haven''t looked at ANY OTHER PAGES!!! My brother just got engaged, so I''m going to give it to my FSIL next weekend at their engagement party, so I have no temptations whatsoever. I''m dying to look at it, but know that that just wouldn''t be a good idea. I told H that I''d bought it so if he saw it he wouldn''t freak out, and the look in his eyes LOL :razz:

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, that is tough. You might want to look into bride expos where they have a lot of vendors (and lots of brides) coming through, and perhaps you can pass your stuff out there?

Also, congratulations on your willpower! I''m not sure I''d be that strong. Good luck with your research!

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Bridal expos are a good idea, and you''re likely to get more traffic than in bridal shops. But I would strongly suggest providing some sort of incentive (however small) - for example, the chance to win an x dollar gift voucher to a popular store, or a gift basket filled with wedding-related treats, or a free engagement photo shoot - otherwise a lot of people might decline doing the surveys.

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
Yep I agree with the other about Bridal Shows. See how much a booth would be and get have a wedding basket give-a-way to motivate the brides to stop and fill out the survey. You might want to be careful about shops and stuff because it could be considered soliciting. Have you checked out the forums at iVillage? There are a couple of board for the newly engaged and married. And good job on not tempting yourself too much, I don''t have that kind of will power.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Hi Parsley

I know this may be a little late to the topic but what about creating an add on facebook that targets people (women) that have recently changed their status to ''engaged''. I seem to have adds poppong up all the time that ask sbout my wedding etc. Then you could have the add direct them to an online survey to fill out. I wouk in Health research and often get emails asking to complete an online survey and i don''t mind doing them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results