shape
carat
color
clarity

I need wedding ring help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
So, two years ago I stalked these very forums for help with my engagement ring. Stalking''s not going to be enough help this time I''m afraid. Here is my engagement ring.

What kind of band do you think will look good with this? I am leaning toward no diamonds (boo) due to cost issues. The E-ring is platinum, and I''d prefer to stick with that for the band as well.

Thanks!

120707 123resized.JPG

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Another view.

120707 126resized.JPG

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
And another.

120707 156resized.JPG

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure others will offer some suggestions...I do think a plain band would be beautiful with it though!

Really, I''m just posting to say how gorgeous your e-ring is! We really don''t see enough pears around here! Simply stunning.

magda72

Rough_Rock
What a pretty engagement ring
36.gif
. Congratulations.
I also vote for a plain wedding band.

Magda
35.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
If cost is your deciding factor, then a plain band would look lovely! If you want a band with stones, what about a non-matchy band, like some of these?

Non matchy sets

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think a plain would be perfect. Your ering is very pretty
36.gif
36.gif

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the replies so far! I love my pear. :)

That non-matching thread inspired me! I''ve been worrying about finding a band that matches somehow, but now I can see for myself that matching isn''t necessarily the way to go.

And if I do end up with a plain band for now, I think a third band will be in my future. :)

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
First off, pretty ring!
2.gif

I think a plain band would be a nice choice. Just for thoughts though, my mother in law to be has the exact same ring and it''s set just the same. Her wedding band wraps (hugs) the shape of the pear diamonds... could be another possibility
21.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring. I think you''d like a plain band or maybe find a really thin band with a deep V in the middle.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I went to some B&M stores today, and I''ve been browsing the forums here non-stop for two days practically. So, of course, I''ve made this way more complicated than it had to be. Then again, this is my wedding band we''re talking about, so why not get it right?

Here are my thoughts right now.

For a plain band, I think a 2.5-3mm "comfort fit" type band will look best. However...

I''m really leaning toward stones if I can afford them. I''ve found that a super skinny, shiny diamond ring (I guess maybe it was micropave) looked sweet. Also, channel set rounds that only went half-way around the band looked pretty nice, too. And then I tried on one of these stacking rings with pink sapphires in white gold (I''d buy platinum), and now I really want some pink sapphires.

The stores I went to had very limited selections, so I still don''t have a firm idea in my head. Do I want channel set or bead set? Do I want round, princess, or emerald cuts? Do I want diamonds or pink sapphires? If I get pink sapphires, do I want the same tones or a color progression?

Thoughts?

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Updated info:

I''ve gotten some more prices and found out that I can get a matching platinum band from Ritani for a little over $1500. This is over my budget, and for stones I might stretch the budget that far, but I just can''t see stretching it that far for a plain band.

Have any of you gotten a plain band elsewhere and been just as happy with it as a designer piece that would have matched your e-ring? My thought line right now is that that price is more for the name than the band. What do you think?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
Pretty e-ring. I have a pear also (with baguettes on the side). It was a major pain trying to find a
wedding band to go with it! I have a question for you. Would a low profile ring set flush along the
curved side (not the pointy side) of your ering?

If so, I think a shared prong setting with small diamonds that start and stopped at the points of
your side pears would be a nice compliment. I think I'm talking maybe 7 ptrs?

I ended up with a 5 stone ring that starts and stops where my baguettes start and stop and I
think it is a very nice look (if you are ok with non-matchy). Also the small stones give you a little
more bling (which, who doesnt like a little bling
31.gif
). I think you should be able to
get it in the under $1500 price range too. I'll see if I can find something like what I am talking
about.

Tyty

Edit - something like this maybe? $1020 in plat

http://www.facetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=3663

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
is it important to you to get a designer piece? or do you want Diamonds? I think a plain band would look lovely with your set. Or a simple diamond half eternity in white gold. do you want platinum really? white gold would save you lots of $$ and then you can have your sparkly as well and staying within your budget.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t pay that much for a plain band - for that budget there are many, many sparkly options available.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies!

tyty333- That ring you linked is very close to one I found at a local store that I''m thinking of purchasing. Thanks for the link! I hadn''t seen that site yet.

D&T - I don''t think the designer name is all that important, as long as there are quality non-designer pieces to be had. I guess that was sort of my question. I do want platinum, though, and I know that''s where some of my budget is getting eaten up. But my e-ring is platinum, and I''d prefer to stick with the same metal.

geckodani - I think you''re right. I can get a plain platinum band done by a local jeweler for around $675. They are also pricing me a band similar to the one that tyty333 linked with pink sapphires. If it''s not too much over budget I think I will go for it. If it is too far over budget, I think I''ll have them make the plain band, and I will work on sparkles for an anniversary present. :)

Thanks for all of the help! Oh, one last thing, has anyone had a good experience with eweddingbands? Negative ones? I''m thinking of getting my fiance''s ring through them.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a lot of PSers that are very happy with their plain bands from facets and e-weddingbands.

I have to agree with geckodani that $1500 for a plain plat band is RIDICULOUS. Tiffany doesn''t even charge that much
3.gif
(depending on width of course, I''m thinking of their 2-3mm bands).

There is also eBay. I see lots of designer bands on there all the time, and if you can confirm authenticity (we can help with that) then there isn''t much risk, outisde of the normal eBay purchasing risks.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know the height of either the Blue Nile band or the regular comfort fit on Facets? My Ering band seems to be a little bit high. I''m asking specifically about the 2-3 mm width range.

Thanks! :)

newatthis76

Rough_Rock
This isn''t exactly an answer to your question, but I just recently purchased the 2.5mm bluenile comfort fit band also. I have a cathedral setting on my e-ring and was worried about the height of a w-ring also, but I think they work well together.

Here is a picture of the bluenile ring with my e-ring. It''s not a great quality photo, but hopefully it helps.

newatthis76p4.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
It does help, thanks!

Ah, decisions...

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!!!

Even if cost was not an issue, I think a plain band will look best.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results