shape
carat
color
clarity

I need to find a trusted manufacturing jeweller in Texas, preferably near Dallas

nalixor

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if this is the right place for this but hopefully, you guys could help me. I had a very special one-of-a-kind ring made for my fiancée by a wonderful ethical maker here in Australia. I’m in a long-distance relationship, been just over two years now, and I proposed on my recent trip to Dallas a short time ago.

However, the ring needs to be resized, probably up just half a size to one size. The jeweller I used recommended I find a “manufacturing jeweller” not a chain-store type, and someone who is used to working with platinum rings by hand (and not by casting).

This ring is very precious to me, and to my fiancée too, and she’s anxious to wear it. I was toying with the idea of having it couriered back to the jeweller who made it, but that would take a long time potentially and she wants to wear her ring.

Does anyone here have any personal recommendations for a trusted jewellery maker in or around Dallas, even greater Texas would do, who would be able to resize the ring without potentially ruining it? It’s pretty unique – it’s a cluster engagement ring made with lab-created alexandrite as the centrepiece (it changes colours very beautifully!) and amethysts for the clusters, and a couple of moissanite for contrast and to make the amethyst pop more. It also has a custom lily motif because it’s her favourite flower. I can provide pictures of the ring if it helps!

Thank you so much, folks. I really appreciate any and all help!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement! Try Eaton Custom Jewelers in Plano. Ask for David, the owner. They do all repairs in house and use a laser welder (won’t overheat the stones). If she needs it sized down search “ring size adjuster” on amazon, silicon spirals that can be trimmed to size and make a great interim solution. And yes, we’d love pictures :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results