shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some dress help!

crhq5c

Rough_Rock
I think I have narrowed it down to 2 dress, but I can't decide between the 2! The first one, La Sposa Fanal, I think fits me very well, but I am not sure if it is too modern for the venue since we are getting married in a 1908 mansion. The second one, Allure 8825, is very beautiful and has the antique look I am going for, but I am not sure if the front view is as flattering as I would want it to be. What do you guys think? Does it matter if the dress doesn't match the venue (my fiancee wants to get a top hat for some pictures if that helps... yes, a little nerdy, but hey) or is the Allure one more flattering than I realize and I am just being to hard on myself. Also, please ignore the horrible faces and hair... I was deep in thought and I got caught in a horrific rain storm on my way there.

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0385.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0365.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
to be honest...to my eye the bow on the allure gown looks too big. maybe it's just the picture, but I think the dress could be more flattering with a smaller bow/sash.

which dress do you /feel/ better in? I think the 1st dress could certainly work with your venue especially if you accessorize it with some more vintage accessories. I would choose the dress that makes you feel like a beautiful bride and not worry too much about 'matching' the venue (well, make sure the skirt isn't so big it won't fit through the door! but other than that...)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
That way my first thought too, the second dress would be a lot more flattering with a flat, smaller and more dress-coloured sash instead of the massive bow. That would may this dress my fave.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like #1.. it's very flattering on the top... I love the back on #2.... both are beautiful.. I don't think you will go wrong with either.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I wanna see the back of number 1.

I think you a thinking too hard about how well the dress will go with the venue. I think both would fit.

That being said I truly like a LOT about number 2. Except the bow. Shrink that thing! Wow. It draws way too much attention. Once you look past the bow you look rocking in that dress.

You look great in both and yes, I think the sweetheart looks better on you. I felt the same way about myself.

crhq5c

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input! I agree with you all that the huge bow/flower has got to go! I don't think I am tall enough to pull that off. I am planning on going back and trying both on on Friday, and I am going to try it on with a different belt. I will get a picture of the back of the first dress when I get home for you hoofbeats. I don't know why this is so hard; I am normally quite decisive when picking out clothing... I have had my fall boots picked out for 3 months already and have been saving for them. I know those are "the ones", but for some reason I can't do the same with a dress.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first dress the best and think it would go just fine with a 1900's venue.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Is the bow not attached to the dress? Is the dress naked normally? Let's see a picture of it naked.

You are in the same boat as I was. A satin dress or a lace?! They are both very different. I went with the lace dress. I truly loved how I felt in the lace. I think if you try them on again you will know. Which one makes you feel truly special? You'll know!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
The belt on #1 on dress #2 perhaps?

crhq5c

Rough_Rock
Hoofbeats, the bow comes with the dress, but it is detachable. There are those loopy things for the belt, but I am sure they can be easily removed if I decide to not wear anything. Also, I attached the back of the first dress. Asymons, that was kind of what I had in mind. It probably won't be that exact belt because I think it is pretty pricey, but I am sure I can find something similar. Thanks again everyone for your input!

IMAG0405.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like the first one, especially with the sweetheart. I don't think it's important at all for the dress to match the venue. I was going to wear a destination wedding dress (beachy) to a farmhouse venue until I changed the dress for other reasons. I ended up wearing a somewhat princess-style dress to an outdoor wedding.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I love the second dress but with a smaller bow. SImply gorgeous!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I'm still voting dress #2! :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
You look fantastic in both dresses! I LOVE the back of the second. I've always adored the La Sposa Fanal, especially with the fun bustles that some of the ladies here have used on their Fanals.

When I picked out my dress I just went with what I loved the most on me. I didn't give a hoot about how it would go with my venue (actually, when I bought the dress I didn't even have a date set!). If you do get the second one I would find a belt or something that goes but isn't so overwhelming (as you said, you feel like the black one on the lace gown is too large). I think the dress looks great with the defined waist.

Here's a little food for thought though- You said that your favorite view of the lace gown is the back. The vast majority of photos will be taken from your front, so I would pick the gown that you love the most from the front.

Really though, can't go wrong either way!

Tigarlily1

Rough_Rock
2nd dress different bow. It's so pretty!

crhq5c

Rough_Rock
Well you guys were right. When I went to the store today, I find myself trying to convince myself that I love the lace one because I like the idea of it so much. I really knew when the lady told my that La Sposa is increasing the prices tomorrow, so the dress's price would have been pushed out of my budget. I freaked out that I may not be able to afford that dress anymore, and I knew it was the one, so I ordered it today! I am excited and relived that the decision is made!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I love that dress and I think it will fit perfectly with your venue! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results