shape
carat
color
clarity

I need ideas / thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Katiemarie

Rough_Rock
When we first started talking about the wedding we had come up with the idea of having small cakes on each table as part of the centerpeice. then the idea morphed into using cakes with photos of us on them, a different photo on each cake and naming the tables after the photos instead of numbers. For example "Bobs Birthday" or "Mexico" or wahtever.

But the more i think about it, the more i want a regular cake! I said this to him last night and he was like "great so much for being unique and just us and now its going to be like everybody elses" bah. I tried to say i''m not even positive thats what i want yet, but anyhow,

i was wondering if anybody has any ideas on how i could still use a photo in a centerpeice without just putting a frame there and being "there you go"

My other option is to go ahead with the photo cakes and just have a small "regular" cake for cutting purposes and such.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Hmm.... well, you could always tell him you don''t like the idea of people cutting into your faces!

I think a regular frame, combined with some strewn flower petals and a cake could be lovely.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure what to do with the photo besides put it in a frame or in one of those wire picture holders in a floral arrangement. Maybe for each table you could have a theme; like the "first date" table would have a picture of you guys on (or renacting) your first date, and then the centerpice cake could be decorated with red roses (or whatever is representative for you). Then a "day at the beach" table would have a photo of you two at the shore and the cake could be decorated with (real or icing) sea shells. That way it would be tied together, but not just cake centerpeices. I was trying to think of what else to do with the pictures, but all I came up with was napkins and you A. don''t want paper napkins at your wedding and B. don''t want people wiping their mouths and hands on your faces!

Good luck!

Katiemarie

Rough_Rock
my problem with picture frames is the one-sided-ness. i mean, half of the people are looking at just the back of a photo or frame then.

hmmmmmm. thanks for the ideas :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 3:11:40 PM
Author: Katiemarie
my problem with picture frames is the one-sided-ness. i mean, half of the people are looking at just the back of a photo or frame then.

hmmmmmm. thanks for the ideas :)

Get those clear frames and put a pic on both sides. We just had framed table numbers but the backs where against the flowers so no one really saw it.

IMHO photo cakes remind me of children''s b-day parties not a wedding. Maybe if you are having a really causual wedding.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to be using centerpiece cakes too. Not everyone uses a centerpiece cake, so no matter how you do it, it will still be special. When I look at favors, place settings, candles and other things, I have to keep reminding myself that I don't have as much space on the table as I think I do because of the cake. I am planning on a cake stand with the cake, about five votives and some flower petals. Similar to what mercoledi said, I want all of the cakes to be in the same color scheme, yet be decorated differently and have different flavors inside.

Maybe your table numbers could be a double sided photo that incorporates the number on them? You could still have photos that way. Here a couple has done table numbers and photos representing different years: http://www.weddingbee.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/kelly4.jpg

What about a photo candle? Or a candle holder with a photo on the outside of it? http://www.thecraftypc.com/photocandle.html That could go next to your cake.

Photo confetti? http://www.photofetti.com/ You could do this yourself with a craft punch...

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
What if you did little cake topper people where the faces have a space for a picture? Some friends did this for a wedding, but they didn''t use them as cake toppers. They were little brides and grooms and were really cute.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results