shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kroeneri

Rough_Rock
Hi!

Everyone here seems very knowledgable about their diamonds here! ...which is why I ask for your help!

We have been looking at engagement rings for about two years now (we''re not in any hurry) and I think I have actually fallen in love with one - however, I don''t think it is worth the price they''re asking... aaand, it''s from Zales, which I have noticed is looked down upon around here! ;-)

I would consider myself educated on diamonds, but I am obviously no pro. So I guess I am looking more for advice.

This is the last ring of it''s kind, the company stopped making it and there is only one left to sell! I called my local Zales store to see if I could see it in person (I found it online) and they got it in! There is a 10% sale going through Sunday, so I was hoping to have given my boyfriend a final answer by then, I am just scared. We have been looking at this ring for about a month now and I still love it, but I would like an outside opinion from somoene who knows their stuff!

Tonight when I went in to look at it, again, I asked them how much the setting was worth without the center stone, because I think the center stone isn''t worth what they''re saying it''s worth, and they said basically they don''t know and can''t find out so am I able to take the ring somewhere without purchasing it to get it looked at? Or am I allowed to bring in an appraiser to look at it in a store? Or am I allowed to ask them to do that for me? Also, online they don''t have a cert. for it and I haven''t seen one in person yet? This scares me!
33.gif
Also, am I allowed to negociate the price?

I love this ring, but don''t want to be ripped off!

Does anyone know where I could find a ring like it? I don''t much care about the center stone as much as I love the setting.

I would appreciate any help if anyone has time to give it to me before Sunday!!!

Thanks in advance!
19.gif

PS This is the internet link.. http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3691587&kpc=1

pZALE1-5255862_alternate1_t400.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
we don''t look down on Zales necessarily - you just need to be careful and do your homework no matter where you buy
1.gif

you might contact a couple of vendors and find out how much a similar custom design would cost, that might give you some idea of what the setting is worth?

kroeneri

Rough_Rock
Thanks for you fast response!

Would it be smart to print out the Zales webpage and bring it in? Would that provide them with enough information?

spoogenet

Rough_Rock
Yup, show them pictures. Basically the ring is 0.75 ctw excluding the center stone, 14k white gold.

Keep us ''posted'' on what you find out.

b

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I would just have it made custom, the possible extra cost of the setting will be completely offset by the savings on the center diamond, and the better quality all around.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results