shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help in choosing a pearl size for petite women (152 cm, slightly under 5 feet)

hamandcheese

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone I"m thinking of purchasing a Freshadama necklace from Pearl Paradise but it seems like the smallest size they do is the 7.5mm - 8mm one.

Would this be too big on me? I'm pretty petite - only 152 cm / just slightly under 5 feet and have a slim built. I don't really want the pearls to overpower my frame and look too huge on me. I also just turned 30 this year so I want them to look classy and just the right size on me, not like I borrowed someone else's pearls.

Appreciate any advice from some of the pearl experts here. Thank you! :)

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I think even petite women can wear larger pearls well, but this is very much a matter of individual taste.

Have you considered getting akoyas instead? PP carries these in a 6.5-7.0mm range. Akoyas are classic -- and classy.

I suggest you visit a local jeweler and try on various sizes of pearls to see how they look on you.

If that is not an option, you could try on imitation pearls at the jewelry counter of a department store, or a jewelry accessory store like Claire's. While imitation pearls will be straight sizes (i.e. 8mm, not 7.5-8mm) you can still get an idea of how the size looks on you.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buy that imitation strand @pearlsngems suggests or even a nice freshwater strand in that size and wear it every day for a month
it will shrink before your eyes
pearl shrinkage shrinkage syndrome is real

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There are no rules on what pearl size is right for what person size. Wear what you want!
(also applies to earrings)

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
I am smaller than you (less than 5 ft) and own a strand of 8-9mm blue baroques. I do like the danitier look (7.5-8mm ish) and is my preferred size, but i do find myself wearing that 8-9 mm strand as well

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As Wendy says, there's no right or wrong in sizes. It's what you feel comfortable wearing. I think that 7.5-8 is a good size for anyone . The idea of trying on different strands is an excellent one. Most local mall stores or department stores will have strands in the 7-8mm size as it's a very popular range.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too would suggest trying on some real and imitation pearls strands from malls etc. to find the size that you feel comfortable with.

I personally do not believe 7.5 to 8mm would be over-powering for your size, frame and age. It would be a great statement piece IMHO.

I just checked PP's site and could find 6.5 to 7mm Freshadamas:

https://www.pearlparadise.com/collections/freshadama-pearl-collection/6-5-7-0-mm

Personally, I believe they would be too small for you (I have 7mm earrings and they look tiny to me), and don't forget that PSS as in Pearl Shrinkage Syndrome does exist!

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results