shape
carat
color
clarity

I might need an IDJ twelve step program!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realized this week that I never posted pictures of my new birthday pendant.

Long story short....... LOL! Tough for ole' long winded me! I went to see my friends at IDJ in early December to drop off my solitaire, have the stone removed and hopefully, approve the sample that Luann brought in for me for it's halo reset. Approving the sample was easy. She brought in two samples. I was already leaning towards one. I took a look and it was decided- instantly. My 1.21 round brilliant went into a G&Co. cushion shaped halo/three stone combo. Having accomplished that relatively quickly, I asked to see my friend Lauren's cushion shaped earring jackets. Surprise! The shape of those jackets were an exact match to the shape of the halo in my new ring. Christmas was coming, so I decided to order those too. (They look fab with my G/VS2 studs). Then Julia (Yekutiel's Mom) walked by to say hello as she was getting a sample for another customer and I said literally "hey, hey, hey, wait a minute, come back!" as she passed me. "What's THAT around your neck?" "You like? she asked" "Ahhh, yeah!!! I said" and then I asked Mizz Lu for the scoop in that pendant. Julia was wearing a 2 ct. diamond circle pendant of pretty impressive sparkling diamonds in a darned nice size! To make that even more complete, it was hanging by a DBTY necklace of ten pointers. Be still my heart...... I asked for the price for the pendant, mentioning under my breath that my birthday was just two months later. I decided the 2 ct. wouldn't be do-able for me right then after the money I had just spent, so I asked them to order me the one carat size for my birthday.

Fast forward to a month or so later, thinking I was going to bring my pendant home in time for my b-day, but when it slid out of the envelope I said "it's too small"....... It looked small to me. It did :( Then Mizz Lu told me they could make me the 1.5 ct. size, if I was willing to wait for a few weeks. I smiled and said "yes, that's the happy medium". And so I finally picked up my pendant about six weeks ago and have been enjoying it ever since. I haven't taken too many pictures yet. I'll post what I have for now and I will take more. Some fellow PSers who have the same camera as I do are explaining a feature that I didn't know my camera had (duh) and I'm practicing taking pictures. For now though, this is my 1.5 ct. F/G SI1 birthday pendant. It's the goldilocks size for me and my life style. It's invisibly set, so all you see are diamonds. No prongs.

I seem to be at IDJ every month now. It's a very happy habit I've developed. In the interim, they've made me a pair of wire wrapped gemstone earrings out of two cushion cut citrines I've had for fifteen years or more, and they are presently making me diamond lined leverbacks out of an absolutely lovely pair of 6 mm round Tanzanites that I was lucky enough to find at a gem dealer close by. Stay tuned. There will be even more!

img_2418.jpg

img_2419.jpg

img_877.jpg

img_2423.jpg

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love:

Oh my word that is JUST BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait to see some neck shots!! I might be interested in the smaller version actually! :cheeky:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Belated Bday! When was it?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Gemgirl - Your topic title cracked me up! I love your pendant! I dream of the day I can have something as lovely. Enjoy it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fi.Z|1366899750|3434277 said:
Happy Belated Bday! When was it?

Thank you! It was the middle of February.

Von03

Shiny_Rock
Oh my my... What a beautiful pendant! I love the clean line.. It's stunning! Happy belated b-day!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday! I love the picture with the chocolates!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful!! Looking forward to neck shots to get size perspective! :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!! We need neck shots!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Neck shot please! So beautiful!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I'll join you at the meetings, ok?? "hello, my name is Enerchi and I have an IDJ habit..." :lol: First step is to recognize we are powerless over the draw of IDJ ... I admit it.

I LOVE that pendant! It looks like the perfect 'happy medium" and yes indeed, to the request for neck shots!! FYI - your earring ARE in!! ;))

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a great pendant! I bet it is super sparkly in real life. I can't wait to see your neckshot ... and maybe a family pic of all your IDJ goodies? Would be amazing!

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
I've been admiring those circle pendants on IDJ's website and wondering what they might look like in a neck shot, so if you feel like it, *please* post a neck shot!! It looks beautiful! Congrats and happy belated bday!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! :love: :love: :love: :love:

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! Would love to see it on you!

crj128

Rough_Rock
Oh its Lovely!! :appl: :appl:
And I agree, neck shots & more pictures please!!!
Love your thread title, very cute! And I have to admit, we ordered but I haven't been "given" my first IDJ piece and I can't stop thinking about what I want next!!! Eekkk, I had a feeling PS might get the best of me!!! :naughty: :naughty:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK. I tried, but I'm not very good at photographing my own neck or ears. The pictures always come out just a little weird. But here goes. The only place I could hold the camera backwards and see it's monitor in a mirror is...... my bathroom. Not very glamorous but I took a few and then I measured the pendant for anyone thinking of buying a circle pendant. Each of these BTW, no matter what the carat weight, has sixteen stones. I thought that was interesting. Mine is sixteen, .0938 pt. diamonds. Not quite ten points each and a hair smaller than a nickel.

img_2558.jpg

img_2560.jpg

img_2561.jpg

img_2565.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fi.Z|1366899695|3434275 said:
:love:

Oh my word that is JUST BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait to see some neck shots!! I might be interested in the smaller version actually! :cheeky:

In truth, the smaller one is lovely too. I just have this "thing" stuck in my head since I was seriously ill two years ago and then spent six months sick recently- if I really want something and it's workable (monetarily), I just buy it, order it, get it. I don't want to look back at anything and say "I should have".

I actually have the one carat version in solid yellow gold and CZs that I wear when we travel or spend time on the boat at the lake. I'll take a picture of the two together tomorrow, as long as no one gets upset about me including a CZ piece in this thread. Just so you can see the size difference. It also BTW, has sixteen stones and it's a Diamonique piece from the year of the flood (long time ago, LOL!)

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1366917384|3434479 said:
I think I'll join you at the meetings, ok?? "hello, my name is Enerchi and I have an IDJ habit..." :lol: First step is to recognize we are powerless over the draw of IDJ ... I admit it.

I LOVE that pendant! It looks like the perfect 'happy medium" and yes indeed, to the request for neck shots!! FYI - your earring ARE in!! ;))

Did you see my earrings? I just LOVED that pair of Tanzanites when I found them. Thank God I had another PSer with me (with a very similar discerning eye sensitive to color, modifiers, windows, exact matches in size, etc) so choosing my pair out of five pair they had available was seconded by another gem nut.

You have no idea how many ladies engagement rings I see before they get to hear "the question".

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
crj128|1366935277|3434642 said:
Oh its Lovely!! :appl: :appl:
And I agree, neck shots & more pictures please!!!
Love your thread title, very cute! And I have to admit, we ordered but I haven't been "given" my first IDJ piece and I can't stop thinking about what I want next!!! Eekkk, I had a feeling PS might get the best of me!!! :naughty: :naughty:

If you were able to be there in their shop, there's no telling the trouble you can get yourself into!

Seriously, for me IDJ came into my life at just the right time. Almost three years ago, I started designing a custom pendant for WF that became the "Bella" pendant in their collection. I needed a center stone. I chose one that kept repeating on a few vendors virtual inventory. I called IDJ one morning because they listed it for the best price. Yekutiel told me his friend had the stone and he would go a couple of doors down and get the stone to look at. Long story short, even though the price on IDJ's website was wrong? They honored the price and I got a gorgeous diamond for at least $600.- less than what it should have been. That was the start of a beautiful relationship with the whole Davidov family. Also Fortunoff, my home away from home, had just gone out of business and my prime diamond source was gone. So it was a perfect fit.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is just such a gorgeous pendant gemgirl!! :love: It truly looks so beautiful on you, has a great presence...I'm not *that* far from NYC, I really should get myself to IDJ sometime! Congrats on getting this lovely thing! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1367014018|3435217 said:
Oh that is just such a gorgeous pendant gemgirl!! :love: It truly looks so beautiful on you, has a great presence...I'm not *that* far from NYC, I really should get myself to IDJ sometime! Congrats on getting this lovely thing! :appl:

You really should give yourself a treat. Pricescopers are treated like old friends in their shop, and it will be the most pleasant couple of hours you could imagine spending, even if you buy nothing (but what chance is there of THAT happening?)

DevinG

Rough_Rock
That is a beautiful pendant :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning gemgirl!!! :love: :love: :love: As is your entire collection of course! Ahhhh I wish IDJ was just around the corner from me! My DH doesn't though :bigsmile:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Oh it's gorgeous!!!! I love the size! I think it's absolutely perfect! Enjoy! :love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And I Love that delicate double chain too!

Be sure to take lots of time working those steps - you want to get it right! :wink2:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's perfect! Now I need to add a COL pendent to my wishlist too! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
YAY! Very pretty!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its Gorgeous on you!!! Its an absolute Bright Blingy Beauty!!! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi|1367379578|3437966 said:
It's stunning gemgirl!!! :love: :love: :love: As is your entire collection of course! Ahhhh I wish IDJ was just around the corner from me! My DH doesn't though :bigsmile:

You'd be in a whole heck of a lot of trouble too Andi! Adorable bebe! and how is Snickers also?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results