shape
carat
color
clarity

I Might Have Over Reacted at the Gym Today

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably- right? DH and I went to work out today. We tend to gravitate towards different ends of the gym. I was using the crunch machine. I usually close my eyes when using it because.it.hurts. Unbeknownst to me a lady engaged the machine next to me.

I do not even know what this large machine does. It looks complicated though. When my eyes were closed this lady had swung herself mostly out of the machine and was doing a fancy mid-air split. Unfortunately, when I opened my eyes her crotch was hovering 5 inches over my face.

I admit I screamed like a little girl exclaiming “My God!” DH rushed to my side. The lady did not move her nether regions from my face. At this point I may have screeched “Your crotch is in my face!” DH, always my knight in shining armor asked the lady “Are you stuck? Do you need help?”

The lady laughed and said no. I was trapped on my back. Getting up means contact. What to do what to do? With DH glaring at her she finally removed her unmentionables from my face. She made a parting remark to “enjoy the beautiful day.”

It’s a strange world out there.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Whatever she was doing, it’s not within the guidelines of that machine otherwise there would be space to avoid contact with another person/injury. I would have reacted the same way.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG, I’m reading this while eating lunch..just lost my appetite! That would have freaked me out too!!!!:lol-2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The word "moist" is unpleasant to start with but having a real live moist nether region in your face :sick:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LisaRN, I'm sure you didn't find it funny at the time, but your story made me laugh. I've had my share of odd moments at the gym and I politely ask the oddball to be respectful of others. For repeat offenders, I'm not so polite. However, a crotch-in-my-face offender would have immediately elicited something pithy from my sharp-tongued repertoire.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so funny bc it didn't happen to ME!:whistle::lol::lol-2:

I probably would have screamed "keep your privates to yourself!"

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like someone was trying to invite you into uncharted waters...lol!!!
I just read through this entire thread, and I am walking outside, by myself, and I literally laughed out loud; people probably think I’m insane...lmao!! :lol-2:
Honestly, I don’t think that you overreacted at all, and your husband handled that a lot better than mine would have...lol!! My husband has a very twisted and crazy sense of humor, so I know that he probably would’ve humiliated her.
I don’t know what I would’ve done in your position, but your initial reaction is probably the closest I can think of.
People are crazy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You prolly made her day---that is likely the best reaction she's experienced in years! :cheeky::saint::devil:

Sorry for your trauma...but your abs will thank you later.

cheers--Sharon

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that for sure would have brought the expletives the heck out of me! You don't get in my personal space without my explicit permission. That was really rude and weird of her. Not cool.:evil2:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The word "moist" is unpleasant to start with but having a real live moist nether region in your face :sick:
crackup.gif
That was so gross, yet so funny.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw, you did not over react, at all!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have called over a staff member to explain the appropriate and safe use of the equipment and the importance of being respectful to other gym members. :evil:

I think you should contact the gym today or tomorrow and tell them about this. I wouldn't be surprised if there are previous complaints or reports about this particular individual. Regardless, they should be keeping an eye on this person.

Frankly, if I had opened my eyes to that, I probably would have used some colourful language while removing her forcefully. :whistle:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lolol, definitely not an overreaction

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
You didn't over react! And yes, I did laugh reading it. But I would have been mortified if I were you. She was rude!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to come back and read this again, I used to work at a gym and it's surprising nobody said anything to her. We always had several trainers walking about plus the people at the front desk, you would think someone would have said something.

Plus she might have thought she looked cute and was flaunting for the macho gym roosters (the big muscular types that are just there to show off and nab a hen) but in the end she made a complete spectacle of herself. Nothing cute or sexy about acting and looking a fool.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LisaRN , I’m sorry this happened to you and that I laughed really loud when I read this. Not your average day at the gym!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it happens again, say “Put it AWAY!” And them shield your eyes with our hands. :lol-2:

Seriously though. What a freak. :eek2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results