shape
carat
color
clarity

I love to read quotes... post some of yours!!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
I think we could use a distraction from our LIW status'. So I hope you will share with me some of your personal favorite quotes or things you may have jotted down to reflect on. Jokes are also welcome... I love a good laugh but I am horrible at telling them.

I happen to love these Robert Frost quotes:

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.”
Robert Frost quote

“Freedom lies in being bold.”
Robert Frost quote

“The best way out is always through.”
Robert Frost quote

“I have been one acquainted with the night.”
Robert Frost quote

“The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.”
Robert Frost quote

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
I am glad it cannot happen twice, the fever of first-love. For it is a fever, and a burden too, whatever the poets may say. They are not brave, the days when we are twenty-one. They are full of little cowardice's, little fears without foundation, and one is so easily bruised, so swiftly wounded, one falls to the first barbed word.Today, wrapped in the complacent armour of approaching middle age, the infinitesimal pricks of day by day brush one but lightly and are soon forgotten, but then--how a careless word would linger, becoming a fiery stigma, and how a look, a glance over a shoulder, branded themselves as things eternal. A denial heralded the thrice crowing of a cock, and an insincerity was like the kiss of Judas. The adult mind can lie with untroubled conscience and a gay composure, but in those days even a small deception scoured the tongue, lashing one against the stake itself - Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier

Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind. - Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car! - Unknown

A critic is a legless man who teaches running. - Channing Pollock

Hello. Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline.
If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2, then press it for them.
If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press, no one will answer.
If you are anxious, just start pressing numbers at random.
If you have a nervous disorder, please fiddle with the * key until a representative comes on the line.
If you are phobic, don't press anything.
If you have short term memory loss, press 9. If you have short term memory loss, press 9. If you have short term memory loss, press 9.
If you are anal retentive, please hold.
- Unknown

When the new patient was settled comfortably on the couch, the psychiatrist began his therapy session, "I'm not aware of your problem," the doctor said. "So perhaps, you should start at the very beginning." "Of course." replied the patient. "In the beginning, I created the Heavens and the Earth..." - Unknown

"My mother says men are different from women. She says we want to be in love, but only with the one we want; a man needs to be in love, but he will love the first woman to tie a string to his heart." - Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan Book 4

"If you plan for the worst, all surprises are pleasant." - Wheen of Time by Robert Jordan Book 4

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Okay, i have lots of quotes, but ill only post a few before bed.....ill come back with more tommorow. O BTW, i cant wait to be a teacher and have a classroom...new quotes for growing minds to think about everyday!!!

" The scret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"-Albert Einstien
" Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.Art is knowing which ones to keep"-Scott Adams
" The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates."-Oscar Wilde
"Entusiasm is excitement with inspiration,motivation and a pinch of creativity"-Bo Bennett

" If at first you dont succeed. Destroy all evidence you tried"- Unknown :twisted:

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Two of my faves:

"If you're looking for someone to blame, throw a rock and you'll hit someone guilty."--Bono

"Any idiot can face a crisis, it's the day to day living that wears you out."--Anton Chekhov

And one for fun ;))

"Freud--if it's not one thing, it's your mother."--Robin Williams

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all"

"They may not remember what you said, they may not remember what you did, but they will ALWAYS remember the way you made them feel." (i repeat this in my head when I am working with my autistic children at work.. I live by this quote! And it is so true!)

"If I know what Love is, it is because of you"

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Here is my quote for today--

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly."

I have a ton more but they're on another computer so I'll have to get back with them.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
We accept the love we think we deserve.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Be friendly to everyone. Those who deserve it the least need it the most

The eyes believe themselves; the ears believe other people

Experience is what you get..when you didnt get what you wanted

Someday you will be nostalgic for now

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I know this is one of SO favorites, and im sure im screwing it up, but its by a rocker, forgot who

" Life is meaningless without Death"

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather. Once you had that mountain firmly on your shoulders, there was no way to put it down. There was no one else to carry it, and no use in whining about it. - Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

What is too absurd to be believed is believed because it is too absurd to be a lie. - Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

First things first; take care of what an be done now before worrying too long over what might never be. - Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Mashira said:
Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather. Once you had that mountain firmly on your shoulders, there was no way to put it down. There was no one else to carry it, and no use in whining about it. - Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

What is too absurd to be believed is believed because it is too absurd to be a lie. - Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

First things first; take care of what an be done now before worrying too long over what might never be. - Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

I like the last one!!!

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for ignoring the typo :oops: :tongue:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Until death, it is all life.

Not sure who came up with that one, but I like it.

Lori

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson. - Tom Bodett

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the posts!! Special thanks Mashira... I love all the quotes.

Here's a good one I came across

A woman is like a tea bag,you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.

Hahaha 8)

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
When I was leaving my physics exam this morning someone said, "It's been real... and it's been fun... But it sure as hell hasn't been real fun." Lack of sleep and stupid math questions made this the funniest I have ever heard. : P

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
lol kagordo that is funny

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Two of my favorite quotes came from DH and one of my other favorites is in my signature line....

When we were dating...

"I love boobies - ESPECIALLY yours!" :lol:

On the phone last week when I asked if he lost something...

"I didn't lose it! I just can't find it"

"Per Aspera Ad Astra"

"Live your own life, for you will die your own death"

oh no, sig. line is gone ...

"Sometimes life is hell. Hey, whatever gets the marshmellows toasty" :bigsmile:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had this as my sig for a little while. Made me chuckle...

....and then God made Saturn, and he liked it so he put a ring on it.... :bigsmile:

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Maisie said:
I had this as my sig for a little while. Made me chuckle...

....and then God made Saturn, and he liked it so he put a ring on it.... :bigsmile:

Everytime I see/hear this I literally lol.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Good one Maisie.. Ill have to use that!

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Here's a few that I like

"Experience is what you get, when you didn't get what you wanted"

“One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.”

"If God brings you to it, he'll bring you through it"

Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'

Don't cry because it's over...smile because it happened.
--Dr. Seuss

ZKS

Rough_Rock
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

I love this and it really speaks of who I am.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
George Bernard Shaw

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Mashira|1279773562|2654102 said:
I am glad it cannot happen twice, the fever of first-love. For it is a fever, and a burden too, whatever the poets may say. They are not brave, the days when we are twenty-one. They are full of little cowardice's, little fears without foundation, and one is so easily bruised, so swiftly wounded, one falls to the first barbed word.Today, wrapped in the complacent armour of approaching middle age, the infinitesimal pricks of day by day brush one but lightly and are soon forgotten, but then--how a careless word would linger, becoming a fiery stigma, and how a look, a glance over a shoulder, branded themselves as things eternal. A denial heralded the thrice crowing of a cock, and an insincerity was like the kiss of Judas. The adult mind can lie with untroubled conscience and a gay composure, but in those days even a small deception scoured the tongue, lashing one against the stake itself - Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier

Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind. - Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car! - Unknown

A critic is a legless man who teaches running. - Channing Pollock

Hello. Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline.
If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2, then press it for them.
If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press, no one will answer.
If you are anxious, just start pressing numbers at random.
If you have a nervous disorder, please fiddle with the * key until a representative comes on the line.
If you are phobic, don't press anything.
If you have short term memory loss, press 9. If you have short term memory loss, press 9. If you have short term memory loss, press 9.
If you are anal retentive, please hold.
- Unknown

When the new patient was settled comfortably on the couch, the psychiatrist began his therapy session, "I'm not aware of your problem," the doctor said. "So perhaps, you should start at the very beginning." "Of course." replied the patient. "In the beginning, I created the Heavens and the Earth..." - Unknown

"My mother says men are different from women. She says we want to be in love, but only with the one we want; a man needs to be in love, but he will love the first woman to tie a string to his heart." - Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan Book 4

"If you plan for the worst, all surprises are pleasant." - Wheen of Time by Robert Jordan Book 4

:lol:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
First things first:
New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. The more truth we have to work with, the richer we become. - Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions

And then:
Mashira|1279833880|2654863 said:

Dear Mashira, I love you. Are you re-reading to get ready for "A Memory of Light". I've gone through the whole current series 3 times and read the earlier ones even more. If you've never listened to the audiobooks: they are awesome! When did you pick up the first one? I have 4 when the first one come out, so alas, I've only been reading them for 10 years, not the 22 some have!

CedarRapids

Shiny_Rock
Some say that life is short. If so, then why is it the longest thing you'll ever do?

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
"One half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it" -Sidney Howard

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling but in rising every time we fall" -Oliver Goldsmith

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
I have always loved quotes here are some of my favorites

An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.
Aldous Huxley
English critic & novelist (1894 - 1963)

Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change.
Malcolm X, Malcolm X Speaks, 1965

Nothing is worth more than this day.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
German dramatist, novelist, poet, & scientist (1749 - 1832)

It is with our passions, as it is with fire and water, they are good servants but bad masters.
Aesop
Greek slave & fable author (620 BC - 560 BC)

Politeness, n. The most acceptable hypocrisy.
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
US author & satirist (1842 - 1914)

A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.
Frank Herbert, Dune (First Law of Mentat)
US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

“The future has already arrived. It's just not evenly distributed yet.”
― William Gibson

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
Jalal ad-Din Rumi
Persian Poet and Mystic, (1207-1273)

“She's a woman, you're a dude. You're not supposed to understand her. That's not what she's after.... She doesn't want you to understand her. She knows that's impossible. She just wants you to understand yourself. Everything else is negotiable.”
― Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
nicoleben|1279800237|2654245 said:
"If I know what Love is, it is because of you"

I just sent that message to my hubby...very sweet quote. thanks :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results