shape
carat
color
clarity

I love love love this ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amsmeq

Rough_Rock
I have only just recently fallen in love with coloured stones, but i am totally in love with this ring (10.46ct tanzanite, 1.59 ct diamonds)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130099769224&rd=1&rd=1

I love the colour of the stone

Unfortunately, this ring is a little outside my budget

Does anyone have any recommendations for good Tanzanite suppliers

I also love the setting of this ring

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180106313751&rd=1&rd=1

My ultimate RHR would be a 5ct approx Cushion cut tanzanite set with a white gold pave halo and pave band

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Tanzanite too, but they are such a soft stone. One little bang and they chip so easily. I rarely ever wear my Tanzanite ring. Only on special dates with my hubby, then I guard it with my life. Seems Like I am always covering my hand up. LOL.

Linda

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen some very pretty purple sapphires for sale that I would sub for that tanzanite. Too soft.
3.gif

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
It drives me crazy that so many sellers and the shopping channels are charging so much money for a stone that chips and scratches so easily. It''s a beautiful stone, but really, no matter what anyone tells you, it is only meant for a pendant, or earrings. No matter how careful you are, tanzanite will get chips along the facet edges and on the table that are visible with a 10X loupe. Can you imagine paying $25,000 for a ring, and then it gets chipped?!! I would just about die. I would opt for a purple sapphire or a nice iolite (much cheaper stone) instead. I am super duper careful with my jewelry. I have a tanzanite that I''ve worn on very few occasions in a ring (bought it before anyone knew what tanzanite was). I thought, wow, I''m so careful that I never chipped the stone. Then one day I took a loupe to it, and there they were. Lots of microchips and other pits in the stone. Most dirt is made of silica, and that is harder than tanzanite, so even wiping it down will scratch it.

If you want a tanzanite badly, go for it, but don''t wear it in a ring. Even a bezel set ring will not protect it''s soft fragile surface.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
As a fellow tanzanite lover, that''s a beautiful ring; but the seller is asking sapphire prices for tanzanite. Tanzanite is beautiful in a ring, but you do really have to be careful--not everyday wear.

I own several tanzanite rings, and so far (hug a tree) I''ve been very lucky not to damage any of them.

The main issue I have with that particular ring is that the seller should be willing to accept half the BIN price and provide an excellent return policy.

As always, just my 2 cents

ger100

Shiny_Rock

Iolite is a cheap sub, but doesn''t have that deep rich color without turning inky.

Spinel, OTOH, is very sparkly, and harder. Spinels, even small ones, are very pretty...if you can find the right color.

Tanzanites were introduced as a sub for BLUE SAPPHIRES! How ''bout a blue saphire, a much studier stone??

2.gif

Ger

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
I think some of that four peaks amethyst is nicer than most tanzanite, if you want a more purple stone. It''s also a lot more durable!! I can''t stand how much hype there is around tanzanite. I admit it, I''m a "tanzanite hater!!"
29.gif
I wonder if there''s support groups for this?
41.gif
"tanzanite haters anonymous". Sorry to steal all the fun away from your dream ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results