shape
carat
color
clarity

I know I just got on the list recently...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

austinite

Rough_Rock
But I no longer need to be on it anymore! My now fiance completely surprised me on our vacation last weekend and proposed on our 1 year anniversary!
9.gif

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif
Got any pics of the ring?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Wow, it''s engagement central around here lately--3 out of nowhere! What great news!!
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Where''s the story?!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats :) would love to hear the story of your proposal :)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!
9.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Now where''s the story and pictures?! Inquiring minds want to know!
28.gif

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Niiice! Guess you didn''t have to do that much waiting after all
1.gif

Congratulations!
36.gif

austinite

Rough_Rock
Sorry to have made you wait, I wanted to have enough time to write it all out and we were about to head out earlier when I first posted about it. Here goes:

So, a week before our trip is when we went to look at rings. We went to a local place and we went to Tiffany''s. (I know there are other places to get rings that are just as amazing, if not better than Tiffany''s, but for whatever reason, I''ve always had my heart set on a ring from there.) So we get there and the salesman is showing us rings and I see the perfect one (1.11 carat, princess cut, F, VS1). As soon as I tried it on I was just in love with it. The guy tells us it''s already on hold for someone and it will take about 2 weeks for another to come in and then 4 weeks for resizing (their rings are always size 6 and my finger is a size 4) so at this point I figure there''s no way it''s happening on the trip, much less within the next month or two. I was a little bummed because I kind of wanted it to happen during our vacation, but it was okay.

Fast forward to this past Monday, we had already made reservations at a really nice place since it was our anniversary and as soon as we sit down the waiter comes by and pours us some champagne and says, "Tonight seems like a good night for champagne." I thought it was a little odd to start off that way, but why question something so delicious?
2.gif
So, we''re sitting there talking about what a great trip we''ve had and how happy we''ve been together this year, etc. And then the conversation goes:

him: I have a secret to tell you.
me: okay...
him: I''ve lied to you about something. And I''ve also implicated other people in my lies.
(at this point I start getting worried that it''s something bad)
him: I don''t really know how to say this...
(reaches into his jacket pocket and this is when I realize what''s about to happen, he pulls out the ring...)
him: Will you marry me?

I am just in total shock and I''m just so excited and happy and of course say yes and just hug him and can''t stop shaking. The waiter comes back and very nonchalantly is like, "Oh, what''s that on your finger?" and I''m pretty much dying at that point and I''m like, "We''re engaged!!!" and he''s like, "I know!"

Turns out he had called ahead to the restaurant and told them to have champagne ready for us because he was going to propose. And the ring was not on reserve for "someone else" it was for him...he knew the salesman because he had been emailing him and was in and out of the store for weeks before we went in together. He had told him to pretend like they had never met and to make sure I thought that there was no way he could get the ring before our trip. He KNEW that was the perfect ring, he just didn''t know what size I was!

The next day we came home and I think the day after is when it finally set in that we are actually going to get MARRIED soon! And now all that''s on my mind is planning for that, haha.

Sorry for such a long post, I commend you if you made it all the way through. Your reward? Pictures!

(I''m only able to attach one picture to the post, so I''ll post again with another one.)

IMG_4365a.jpg

austinite

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your kind wishes
9.gif

IMG_4386a.jpg

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
wow! Congrats :D

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!
36.gif
36.gif

Wow! I like that story.. hehe so cute! And congrats
1.gif
1.gif

LDubs

Shiny_Rock
Awe - what a fun story to start out my Monday morning! Congrats :)
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Aww, what a sweet story and that is one beautiful ring!! Congrats again, m''dear!
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a great story!! Job well done on him then, I guess?
2.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congratulations! And your sweetie sounds fantastic :)

Just_Me

Shiny_Rock
That is so great! Congrats!
36.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ohh! Congrats, your story gave me chills!!
36.gif
And yes, beautiful ring.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
AWW!! I love that story!

brautiful ring and an even better guy! Congratulations to you both!

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! Congratulations... what a gorgous ring!!! Your story of your now-fiance going shopping ahead of you gives me hope!!! Lol

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love that story! Kudos to your FI
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t come in here often, and rarely post, but I just had to say, your story first had me laughing, and then "aw''ing" at the time and effort your guy put into this. And how well he seems to know you. Really touching!
5.gif

Congratulations, sounds like you have a real sweetie on your hands, for the rest of your life.
2.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations. I love your story, and it inspires me to stay patient for my (I hope!) future surprise. How lucky you are!

austinite

Rough_Rock
Aww thank you so much ladies!!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations austinite, your happy story brought a tear to my eye
in fact, I got all goopy and had a little chuckle about the whole thing through my watery eyes!
(the charade at Tiffanys! the waiter pouring champagne!the ''imlicating others in lies'' line!)
I love love love romance, don''t you?!!
I guess that''s why a married=misfit like me hangs out in this subforum...beautiful ring, too!!!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! What a lovely proposal story and your ring looks beautiful
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results