shape
carat
color
clarity

I know DBTY's flip...

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
But would they flip if they were stationed very close to one another? I'm thinking of an off center DBTY, with three diamonds an inch below my collarbone, one next to the other, either directly linked to each other or with one or two mm's of chain in between. I'm imagining this on a 16 inch chain, and the rest of the necklace would be plain. I might wear this as a base for a pendant, or by itself. My reasoning is that if the diamonds are placed so close to each other, they're less likely to flip because they'll be a) heavier and b) more rigid. Do you think it would still flip if the diamonds are placed right next to each other?

stci

Ideal_Rock
Yes I think so. This type of necklace always flip and it's really annoying! :((

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Drats :((

Thank you Stci. I talked to Whiteflash today, and they also told me that it would flip even if they are spaced closely together.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine actually seems to prefer to settle into bottoms-up position :(sad

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Double drats!

Do you have a link to your DBTY style?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is the regular ol' with the diamonds spaced far apart, so not really what you're looking for
viewtopic.php?t=131802

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The problem with DBTY-type necklaces lies, I think, in the "ears" being space at the halfway-point. The more of an angle you put in the design, the more gravity helps you. For something like a three-stone DBTY that's closely spaced, it seems like this ought to work in your favor, especially if you counterbalance the clasp properly.

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
I have a fun necklace from Erwin Pearl (CZs) that is called DBTY (but it's not a true DBTY) where the diamonds don't flip and will take a photo tonight or tomorrow when I can. When I say it's not a true DBTY, it's more like a thin chain with five little spaced-out DBTY-style diamonds hanging down, like a necklace with 5 spaces out, immobile pendants. hard to descibe and I'm no expert, but I'll attach the image if it helps. I'm actually having something similar made with real diamonds for the same reason, because I like the look but they don't flip.

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
Here are the two pics of my faux-DBTY necklace that doesn't flip. As mentioned, it's not "true" DBTY but the look is very similar. Both on my neck and stand-alone:

DBTY2.JPG

DBTY1.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results