shape
carat
color
clarity

I have found Van Craeynest!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering if were you saying subliminally "NO(w) NO(w)" !!!

Hahahahahahaa :lol: I didn't even think of that.
Wear it in good health.
Oh, and give us pictures.:bigsmile:

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been lurking on this thread and I’m so excited someone’s making a move! And yellow gold? :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Add me to the back of the queue!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@springerspaniel, Sorry I’m just getting back, I’ve been out Christmas shopping for the kids. I sent you an email.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh I feel sick about this, I hope the story has a happy ending @springerspaniel

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Eeeeeeeeeeeee! I was preparing to be bummed.
*whiplash*
But wait, there's more! :bigsmile: It's working out!
funnyfistpump.gif

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@springerspaniel I hope this lovely set is headed to you!! It’s gorgeous and just a perfect way to celebrate 20 years!! How did that happen, if that is the case? Did someone grab it for you? ❤️ Because that would truly warm my heart!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Need deets!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada you have such a good eye and ability to find treasures. I wish you live by me. Lol

I literally just stumbled across this, as in I was browsing and saw the one ring and said hmm that’s rather unique let me go back to that for a closer look. Then I saw the maker’s mark and was like hot damn!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea what’s going on which is kind of strange since I started this thread :confused:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
I hope this clarifies things: @YadaYadaYada found the VC set online, decided not to get it and passed it on to @ItsMainelyYou who also declined. Neither @YadaYadaYada nor I could find it again, however, and we thought it had been snapped up already. @123ducklings (do you really have ducks?) was kind enough to let me know where I could find the set, and I promptly purchased it. I am now waiting for the packages to arrive. Thank you to all three of you for making this happen! I appreciate it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I think. and granted I could be wrong but it seems like they were sniped off the pictures I posted, which I honestly didn’t even think of but DH informed me was totally possible. When he told me that I felt absolutely sick that someone would do that. Of course that may not be the case but it seems like the most likely scenario.

All I know is here I was Christmas shopping for my kids and felt responsible for Springer possibly having missed out on a potential 20th anniversary present. That is not a great feeling, trying to figure out where the rings went, trying to stay on top of the emails I was getting, Then all of a sudden there is something going on but none of it is straightforward but it seems to be working out and today we find out that Springer will get the rings after all. That’s great because at the end of the day the goal was that someone from PS would get them and treasure them.

I just wish I had been kept in the loop, it is rather upsetting to be honest since I was genuinely upset and felt like it was my fault.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@YadaYadaYada I am sorry that I did not email you as soon as I found out where the pieces were from @123ducklings. I know what it's like to have your heart sink because you think something is your fault (at no time would I have thought it was your fault, but I know that doesn't change that feeling!) I am grateful that this is working out, but I could have been more courteous and emailed you right away. Please accept my apologies.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries @springerspaniel, apology accepted, I was also probably too emotionally invested in this, I’m sure that doesn’t need to be explained in a jewelry forum though :lol-2:

I am excited though that you are putting your grandmother’s old cut diamond in there, can’t wait to see it!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
This is what I think. and granted I could be wrong but it seems like they were sniped off the pictures I posted, which I honestly didn’t even think of but DH informed me was totally possible. When he told me that I felt absolutely sick that someone would do that. Of course that may not be the case but it seems like the most likely scenario.

All I know is here I was Christmas shopping for my kids and felt responsible for Springer possibly having missed out on a potential 20th anniversary present. That is not a great feeling, trying to figure out where the rings went, trying to stay on top of the emails I was getting, Then all of a sudden there is something going on but none of it is straightforward but it seems to be working out and today we find out that Springer will get the rings after all. That’s great because at the end of the day the goal was that someone from PS would get them and treasure them.

I just wish I had been kept in the loop, it is rather upsetting to be honest since I was genuinely upset and felt like it was my fault.

Hey @YadaYadaYada I’m really sorry! I saw the listing independently. I know you didn’t want to post your source publicly so it wouldn’t get sniped. When @springerspaniel posted that it had sold I was confused because it still appeared available to me so I emailed her the link I found. I wasn’t sure if the item had been posted in multiple places or what the deal was, but I saw it available and thought it was worth a try. If you want to email me and I’ll let you know the specifics of where I found it; my email is my handle at gmail. I didn’t buy the listing. Wasn’t meaning to offend, trying to help.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@123ducklings, it all just so strange because I had messaged the vendor on Etsy when I first found it, when I clicked on the link it said the item was unavailable. It was also not listed on their website. All I knew was it had taken some time for me to get back to Springer and then when I went to email her the information they looked to be unavailable.

So I don’t know how you found them for her but great job because I thought someone (not necessarily you) had found them and bought them. I immediately regretted posting the pictures because I thought someone reverse image searched and bought them.

Anyways it all worked out, my frustration was just a culmination of having to wonder what was going on and being totally frustrated with myself.

My apologies for any misunderstanding or misplaced frustration on my part

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
@123ducklings, it all just so strange because I had messaged the vendor on Etsy when I first found it, when I clicked on the link it said the item was unavailable. It was also not listed on their website. All I knew was it had taken some time for me to get back to Springer and then when I went to email her the information they looked to be unavailable.

So I don’t know how you found them for her but great job because I thought someone (not necessarily you) had found them and bought them. I immediately regretted posting the pictures because I thought someone reverse image searched and bought them.

Anyways it all worked out, my frustration was just a culmination of having to wonder what was going on and being totally frustrated with myself.

My apologies for any misunderstanding or misplaced frustration on my part

Ah, I see where you’re coming from. After you started this thread but before you posted the specific pics I came across a 1stdibs listing for the set. I was watching this thread thinking I might grab them if you decided not to, then the other gals posted that they were interested and it went from there. I think we had the same intention — to keep things vague and avoid sniping from lurkers, but that led to some confusion and I’m sorry about that!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I see where you’re coming from. After you started this thread but before you posted the specific pics I came across a 1stdibs listing for the set. I was watching this thread thinking I might grab them if you decided not to, then the other gals posted that they were interested and it went from there. I think we had the same intention — to keep things vague and avoid sniping from lurkers, but that led to some confusion and I’m sorry about that!

Oh, see I had no idea they were on 1stDibs...interesting and yes you’re right I was trying to be a vague as possible and things got a bit confusing. All good, no need to apologize at all, actually you were a huge help, I’m so glad you found them and she was able to buy them after all :dance:

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, this is all so interesting, because after @YadaYadaYada posted the image of the real ring, I did a google image search and found the set on Ebay! So I guess the seller had it up on every platform?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was a mistake on my part to post those images, I forgot all about Google’s reverse image search :shock:
It is a handy tool but as with anything else there are drawbacks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results