shape
carat
color
clarity

I have found Van Craeynest!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This post is going to be super vague because....snipers.

I’ve found a Van Craeynest set (engagement ring and matching band). The set is $1600 and I guess I’m wondering if that is “an amazing you need this in your life” price?

The engagement ring does not have a center stone, essentially it would be similar to buying this set however this is not the set I’m looking at.

I’m sorry for the vagueness, I am not taking any chances someone swipes it out from under me ;)2

781EFE8B-294E-4A6E-BBDB-133D12CF9929.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I attached the wrong photo here is an example of a VC set that is similar to the one I found:

E8490CCC-5FD7-487A-B19E-9210123A3FF0.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah, beautiful! I love VC settings! It's a great price too.

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
I love VC too. It’s a great price. Just my opinion, but you could probably resell it in the future for at least what you’re paying. =)2

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Do you love it? If yes, then definitely go for it!!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Van Craeynest jewelry is very expensive to buy(deservedly so!) on the secondary market.
The price a great one, especially for a set.
Swoop the deal!8-)

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Pounce!! Then come show us lots of pictures!!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure that if Yada likes this set, it MUST be fabulous!!
Are you thinking of setting your culet-less OEC into it?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
If so, I cannot WAIT to see this!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou and @lala646 thanks for weighing in, I admit I was surprised and excited when I came upon this last night!

@stracci2000, yes that is the plan, a permanent home for my no culet OEC so @PreRaphaelite is a fan of that idea I see:D

Now of course there is a snafu, my bling budget is empty, actually when I was looking last night I was just casually window shopping, not searching for this in particular. I also have to be honest and consider if I I will wear this set (which sounds crazy I know) because I tend to wear the same rings exclusively.

So I am thinking it all over as I cross my fingers something will sell soon. Of course I had some bling money earlier this month and then the car needed repairs....because that’s how it goes!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaarrrgh! I hate cars! Just when you think all is well,
the car decides to go awry!

Right? I really can’t complain though, it could have cost us $1900 but we ended up only having to pay $1300.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Trust me, I get it, and the something came up(old claptrap house)is the story of my life
I almost bought a beautiful spinel a little while ago and wouldn't ya know, the day I decide the entire electrical panel to the house decides to go to the tune of a couple grand- because, of course. Maybe I'll be able to buy again in a couple of years.:lol:
I almost never have disposable income and I always find my deal of the century and always have to let it go. It's an exercise now.
But man, I hope it works out for you. I want pictures so I can bask in the vicarious glow of a smoking good deal.:wink2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou, isn’t it always the way, I’m so sorry that you had to pass up that spinel, maybe the next one will be even better, stupid electrical panel!

If I pass on it I will share where to find it, then at least we can bask in the glow of another PS’ers good fortune=)2

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Works for me!8-)
I'm happy it was only the electrical panel :lol:
Now, the appliances are conspiring, I can hear them.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Works for me!8-)
I'm happy it was only the electrical panel :lol:
Now, the appliances are conspiring, I can hear them.

They absolutely talk to each other, that’s the reason for that humming sound they make! :lol:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @YadaYadaYada I am on the edge of my seat, waiting to see if you decide to get this lovely set. If you pass on it and @ItsMainelyYou passes on it, could you please let me know, since I am definitely in the market for a lovely VC set? I can send you contact details via LT, if necessary. Thanks! Can't wait to see it either way.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@YadaYadaYada yes a little bit vague but you have such fantastical good taste im confident I'll love it

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning all!

I don’t mean to keep you all hanging. Last night I consulted with one of my level headed PS’er friends on IG and after sleeping on it I’ve decided to pass. It will probably become a collectible for me vs being worn daily as it should be.

So with that said here is my contact info for LT. I don’t really want to put one of my frequent window shopping spots out for all to see! @ItsMainelyYou, you have first dibs followed by @springerspaniel

Here are pics of the actual rings:

3BBFCE16-07D0-48C7-9427-417DA9BF5FF5.jpeg DB4E85F4-66EE-444F-A35A-6063B4E768D0.jpeg

and my LT contact:

Whoever buys promises to come back and share!
;)2

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada a sound choice! Who needs collectibles that sit unworn? Not I either!
What a generous offer to pass this deal on.Your kindness is what makes PS so amazing. Whoever gets it HAS to come back and share handshots!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lala646, it’s all good. Actually when I was talking to my jewelry consultant she asked how I would feel if she bought it. Actually thought she was serious for a second and I was excited for her! So that’s when I knew this wasn’t meant for me, why not pass it on so we can (hopefully) all enjoy =)2

@Slick1, exactly, I’ve got my two rings I adore, no desire to wear another. Sometimes you just have to get really honest with yourself and an outside voice of reason helps too!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for considering me, @YadaYadaYada. I agree with @Slick1 that your kindness is one of the things that makes PS so welcoming.

@ItsMainelyYou --please let me know if you choose to pass on this. I have been looking specifically for a yellow gold VC set for awhile. I hope whichever you choose, I get to see what the set looks like in handshots!!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun thread! Late to the party but happy for everyone! And can’t wait for pics!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Me too! I will post pictures if I manage to get this beautiful set! 20th anniversary is coming up, and this would make a nice celebration of that.

I'm so excited! Fingers double crossed, it's a beautiful choice.
Congratulations, 20th is a big one, I had my spinel set made for mine and it means everything to me.

:lol:Look at that post I left before, I keyboard smashed it trying to get it out as fast as possible

*Also, (now that I'm a tiny bit more calm) @YadaYadaYada thank you again, for not only being the deal hunter but sharing that with us. It's giving me all the feels, you lovely girl.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results