shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a lot to be thankful for!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ftrfarklewr

Rough_Rock
OMG!!!!! He proposed last night! I was so not expecting it. We hadn''t seen each other much this last week because he was in NYC for work monday and tuesday and had a broker dinner Thursday night and worked late Wednesday. We had decided to have a date night Friday since we''d been so busy. But Friday morning he called me and said he got an unexpected call from his boss and he had to fly to NYC that morning for a meeting. So I was kind of mad that our date night would be interrupted and was in a bad mood all day. He kept assuring me he would be home by 7 and we could go to dinner at 8:30.

Turns out there was weather in the northeast and flights were delayed out of newark and philly so I texted him to see if it was snowing in NYC. Well, little did I know he wasn''t in NYC, he was in Buffalo where my parents live asking for permission from my dad. So he and my brother for some reason thought I was on to him since I was asking about the weather and they actually googled it to make sure it wasn''t snowing in NYC either. In reality I had NO IDEA. Boys are so funny.

So he was delayed out of Buffalo because of weather in Philly, and again I was upset our plans were changing. I just wanted to spend time with him and have a nice night together, and now we didn''t know when he would be getting home. He ended up landing about 8 and said he would be over at 9 and we changed our reservation to 9:30 so everything was fine.

I had drank two glasses of wine while I was waiting for him because it had been a stressful week at work. He came over and kept his jacket on when he got in the house, which I thought was a little weird. It looked like there was a little bulge in his jacket pocket but I didn''t want to read into anything. However when he hugged me I pushed up against his body to see if I felt anything and I didn''t. So I really didn''t expect anything. He did keep his hands in his pocket while he was in the house which was strange, and I asked him if it was cold and he said it was freezing out. He''s never cold so I should I realized but I didn''t!

We left to dinner and we went outside my condo. Background story is that at first I wouldn''t say yes to a date with him for a while for certain reasons. One night after our softball game (which is were we met) he drove me home and we grabbed a bite to eat, very low key. He asked me out again, in front of my condo, and I finally said yes. We had the best kiss of either of our lives right there. So, when we were leaving to go to dinner last night, he stopped me in front of the gate of my condo and asked me if I remembered that kiss. I said of course. And he asked me at that point did I think I would spend the rest of my life with him? And I said No, of course not!OOOOPS....I realized what he was doing at that point, and I don''t remember everything he said but he got down on one knee outside in the cold in front of my condo and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes!!!

Then we went to dinner where neither of us really ate anything. We were so excited we just drank a bunch of champagne and wine and neither of us felt very good in the morning but it was a great night and we are so happy to be engaged!

Now what you have been waiting for...pictures! All I know about the ring is that the center stone is 1.7 and the diamonds in the band are 3 pointers. I love it, it''s exactly what I wanted!!!

ftrfarklewr

Rough_Rock
In the box....so pretty!

IMG_1219.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I said no when FF first asked me out too. Lol. He told me I was lucky he liked me enough to ask a second time. He also said that when he proposes, he's only going to do it once, and that I'd better not say no!

ftrfarklewr

Rough_Rock
A little sunlight in my window...I guess...

IMG_1222.jpg

ftrfarklewr

Rough_Rock
From the side...he did such a good job!

IMG_1220.jpg

ftrfarklewr

Rough_Rock
Handshot! Of course I ran out this morning to get my nails done!

IMG_1223.jpg

ftrfarklewr

Rough_Rock
I love that it doesn''t sit up TOO high...but just high enough. Off to call some more people, but of course after looking at so many pretty rings here I had to post it right as soon as I could!
21.gif

IMG_1216.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, it''s beautiful!! Congrats on your engagement!
36.gif

It''s beautiful!

I also told FF no when he first asked me out
3.gif

78girl

Rough_Rock
wowza, what a ring!! looks great - what a cute story

Your nails turned out pretty too - it all looks so classy! :)
36.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Congratulations. I wish I had a little extra something sparkly to be thankful for Thursday
1.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Congrats, lady :)

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! The ring is gorgeous!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Congrats!!!
36.gif

What a stunning stunning ring!! It looks GORGEOUS on your hand!!
30.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
What a perfect way to kick off the holiday season!! Congratulations

mynewobsession

Rough_Rock
wowza!! gorgeous ring! congratulations!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!!!! your holidays are probably going to be sooo full of joy now!!! seriously its the best way to start this holiday season!! your ring is beautiful and it looks MASSIVE on your finger!!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Great ring!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Oh, what a stunning ring, you lucky girl!

and congrats on your proposal too!
36.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring, congratulations!

My fiance and I met playing softball too! Baseball players are hot. :)

Lovely proposal, and congrats again!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations ftrfarklewr
36.gif
that''s such a gorgeous proposal story - its so cute how your FI (!!!) and his brother thought you were on to them
30.gif

Enjoy your STUNNING ring, its amazing
30.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!! Love the halo!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring! It''s so classy and elegant! Beautiful!

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! STUNNING ring! Congratulations - what a perfect engagement story, unique to the two of you. That ring looks MASSIVE on your finger. Well done!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!!!
36.gif

and yes...the ring looks MASSIVE! gorgeous!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Congratulations! Gorgeous ring and proposal story!

~SL

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
so beautiful!! and what a sweet story!!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Sounds like it was a very romantic and wonderful night for the two of you!!!

What an absolutely beautiful ring!!!
9.gif
30.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

What a beautiful ring!!! It looks amazing on your hand!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results