shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a little teal stone. Please suggest how to set it.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi CSers.

Trying to decide how to set this pretty little stone. I will have to find the exact stats and leave a seperate comment. I think it is just shy of 5x7 ? Small but the teal color is so pretty. I don't have much of a budget right now but could also wait if you thought a nicer setting would serve it better. Tell me what you think. Both ring fingers are taken with daily rings. Right hand trinity and left hand rose bands.

I could see wearing this on my right hand middle finger? Maybe a bracelet? Maybe a pendent but I already wear 2 sometimes 3 necklaces at a time. Two don't ever come off. So... I guess that's why I am having trouble. Open to all golds especially in a ring since the trinity has all and it would sit next to it. I guess I could stack to but not sure how that would look.

I should add that I'm a little unsure of the size and that I really like everything else about it.

Here are pics of the stone. I'm not great at photos and light but you get the idea.

_11464.jpg

_11465.jpg

_11466.jpg

_11467.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Re: I have a little teal stone. Please suggest how to set i

I'm no expert but I think it looks divine with the rose gold! And I've seen many rings stacked with trinity rings that I thought looked beautiful.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

East-West with 2 RB side stones, bezel set in a rose/yellow gold cigar band or similar?

Have a look at the rings on show at Julia Kay Taylor and see if any of them take your fancy.

[urlhttp://juliakaytaylor.com/rings.html][/url]

DK :))

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Okay it's an Afghani Tourmaline cut by Gene. I won't pretend to know who Gene is but I now he is respected here. I bought this preloved from a CSer:) Dimensions are 6.45x4.93x3.84mm

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock

I have something very similar:
image__13__0.jpg
DanielM of Etsy is putting it into something like this, but with a fleur de lys bail:
img_0109.jpg
Suggestion: How about a pendant hanging from a tiny bar pin? Then you could wear it on the lapel of a jacket or even on your collar, as it is so delicate.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock

P.S. Mine is also preloved, a zircon cut by Jeff Davies. I never thought I would be referring to cutters by their nicknames! It's like knowing who the bass player is on a jazz recording -- and just as important.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You can wear it as a middle finger ring set EW between two bands (but is actually joined) as shown in picture 11466, which gives a bit more coverage and does not get in the way of your other 4th finger rings.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hathalove|1383317818|3548653 said:
Okay it's an Afghani Tourmaline cut by Gene. I won't pretend to know who Gene is but I now he is respected here. I bought this preloved from a CSer:) Dimensions are 6.45x4.93x3.84mm

I love this! :lol: :lol:

Hathalove, I know I'm a bit biased, but I love it against your skin tone - it sings! Its pops! It totally stands out and asks to be noticed. :)) Interestingly, I thought the gold you were using in the photos was yellow and I was going to say that the stone looks green next to yellow gold...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

boerumbiddy|1383319395|3548660 said:

This is very pretty. I'm not usually a fan of YG, but I think it look so appropriate with the seed pearls and contrasts well with the blue.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It occurs to me that before folks start throwing out a ton of ideas for you, that you might want to give some guidance as to the type of jewelry you like - something with an antique sensibility? Ornate? Sleek and modern? Would you like diamonds like a halo or micropave? I have the hardest time deciding for me, which is why I typically don't get very far in setting. :((

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Whatever you decide on, I think it looks super with rose gold. It's a great color stone!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168|1383314983|3548632 said:
East-West with 2 RB side stones, bezel set in a rose/yellow gold cigar band or similar?

Have a look at the rings on show at Julia Kay Taylor and see if any of them take your fancy.

http://juliakaytaylor.com/rings.html

Link fixed.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Whatever you do, please set it in rose gold!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

Beautiful color, it packs a punch for a small stone. I also like rose gold.

Annette

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's a gorgeous gorgeous stone.

If it were mine, I'd set it N/South with a white diamond exactly the same size/shape on each side and all set in rose gold. Job done! :razz:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well I'm in love with that stone and rose gold. Amazing.

I just wanted to throw out that I recently bought a similar size stone for a family member. Its being set in a diamond zone setting.

They used one of the casts they already had, replacing the head with an ec head. The cost was extremely reasonable! And theyll do it in a different gold color if you ask too. Mine it two toned.

uploadfromtaptalk1383350024083.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

That looks very nice Niel.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pregcurious|1383352371|3548892 said:
That looks very nice Niel.

Thanks.

But there a few different ones I bet they could do. Swop out the heads and have them do the rose gold. If I remember right, it was like the setting price +250 ish.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1383322934|3548676 said:
hathalove|1383317818|3548653 said:

I love this! :lol: :lol:

Hathalove, I know I'm a bit biased, but I love it against your skin tone - it sings! Its pops! It totally stands out and asks to be noticed. :)) Interestingly, I thought the gold you were using in the photos was yellow and I was going to say that the stone looks green next to yellow gold...

:wavey: lol!!! I know isn't that funny. I didn't want to tell you that over the emails! No its rose gold both 14k and 18k! I think everyone agrees it should be gold :appl:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1383322553|3548669 said:
You can wear it as a middle finger ring set EW between two bands (but is actually joined) as shown in picture 11466, which gives a bit more coverage and does not get in the way of your other 4th finger rings.

I want to know what you mean... what is picture 11466?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hathalove|1383355638|3548912 said:

Look at the title under each of your pics - one of them has that number. :))

FYI: "Gene" is Gene Flanigan of Precisiongem.com. But I know that you knew that and were just pretending to make the new members feel at home ;)) :wink2:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's just the little caption of that one picture you posted its called "_11466"

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Minousbijoux is right. I didn't really give some details. I was in a rush this morning and then had to abandon my post temporarily for work.

I am confused with what I like most times... That being said I love classic, clean and feminine. I love delicate too hence the thin stacked bands and plain shank er. I actually really admire antique looking settings too and I love bezel settings. Like the double bezel settings that have no other stones? I am sure I am not describing that right.

But then there is always the limitations of the budget! I am going to say right now budget between $200-$400 which I know is not much.

So the beautiful ideas of setting it with traps or trillions which I would LOVE is not so realistic RIGHT NOW. Now I could wait and save and then set?? :???:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Duh its the number of my picture!! Thanks ladies:)

You know whats funny is I actually had that thought that it looked decent when I placed it there and snapped the shot!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1383355912|3548915 said:

Look at the title under each of your pics - one of them has that number. :))

FYI: "Gene" is Gene Flanigan of Precisiongem.com. But I know that you knew that and were just pretending to make the new members feel at home ;)) :wink2:

lol... Its like Jeff Davis. I can't pretend that I can look at his stone and say "oh beautiful, love Jeff's cuts" or "I never make his drops on time" or "or someone always beats me to those Gene stones"... I just knew that it was something special and you made it so easy! :naughty:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well the good news is that you are in really good hands here. If there has ever been a group that can perform miracles re price and quality and lovely design, it is PSers! Frekechild is amazing at design. Another one is LD. I can't remember whether you've already had a look at the pinned thread for finished pieces, but designs there run the gambit from gorgeous antique rings, to gypsy set and bezels and everything in between. It looks like rose gold is a go (and knowing that stone intimately, I would agree 100%), so then it would be good to think about what other elements you'd like, and whether you want a big presence or something more delicate. :))

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1383357014|3548927 said:
Well the good news is that you are in really good hands here. If there has ever been a group that can perform miracles re price and quality and lovely design, it is PSers! Frekechild is amazing at design. Another one is LD. I can't remember whether you've already had a look at the pinned thread for finished pieces, but designs there run the gambit from gorgeous antique rings, to gypsy set and bezels and everything in between. It looks like rose gold is a go (and knowing that stone intimately, I would agree 100%), so then it would be good to think about what other elements you'd like, and whether you want a big presence or something more delicate. :))

Would you have waited for a bigger budget to do side diamonds? Also from what you know about colored stones in general and knowing this stone do you think it is okay to bezel it? First thing that popped into my mind was a rose gold bezel diamond halo or the traps/trillions like the ring that another CSer just made with i think a tourmaline or emerald? Hers was pronged and much bigger though. Also what about a plain bezel with plain band... do you think that would take away from the stone at all? Ring has to be comfortable no matter what and I like making things that can be worn frequently/regularly because why spend the money if you can't take it out to play.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovely stone! I'm a sucker for that colour, and for Gene's cutting. I would suggest that if you don't find a setting that makes you swoon now, that you wait until you do. :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NKOTB|1383363178|3548952 said:
Lovely stone! I'm a sucker for that colour, and for Gene's cutting. I would suggest that if you don't find a setting that makes you swoon now, that you wait until you do. :)

Smart. Fwiw, due to the sleek and elegant cutting on this stone, I would suggest not a halo and stuff, but simple side stones, if that appeals. When you are ready, and have some idea of what shape you would want for side diamonds (I'm assuming diamonds), you can even place a listing on LT explaining what you seek.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock

Everyone else has already made such good suggestions, so I'll just chime in that I love the stone. Really pretty color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results