color
clarity

I have a confession to make

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eat Ramen noodles once in a while.
Go ahead and give me a forum flogging. :errrr:

. . . at least I jazz it up with healthy stuff.
Costco sells enormous bags of raw baby spinach cheapo cheapo that is perfect.
I'll toss in a hard boiled egg or some ziplocked bag of meat (I'll make a huge crockpot of stewing beef or pulled pork and freeze individual portions).

I buy a kind of Ramen that comes with four different packets and costs around 80 cents each.
That's yuppie gormet Ramen, not the typical poverty college-student fare Ramen.

Our parrot LLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEESSS the noodles.

IMHO the best Ramen is below.
You may have to go to a store that caters to Mexicans to find it.

Don't get the shrimp flavor.
It tastes like rotten fish. :knockout:
The Shallot Teriyaki flavor is daBomb!

Come on girls, fess Up.
Do you eat Ramen?

Picture 9.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have but I don't.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Of course! We like the Spicy Korean kind. I also throw in an egg (soft poached) and some spinach.

samyangsamyangramen.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1300821106|2877468 said:
Of course! We like the Spicy Korean kind. I also throw in an egg (soft poached) and some spinach.

Ohhhhhh you're my kind of girl.
I'll be right over ........

The Mexican one above has a chili power packet.
I can only add about a quarter of it since I'm a wimpy white boy. :lol:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, where do you get the Soupless Mexi-Ramen posted? Sounds good!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OMG> I LOVE me some ramen.

I put an egg in it right before it is done, perfection. Also, a can o rotel can 'jazz' it up.

LOL, in college, it was the economy pack of ramen and now it is a guilty pleasure. Did I just type that a .25 package of fried noodles is my guilty pleasure?

Congratulations, universe. you win.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strawdermangrl|1300821644|2877477 said:

I put an egg in it right before it is done, perfection. Also, a can o rotel can 'jazz' it up.

LOL, in college, it was the economy pack of ramen and now it is a guilty pleasure. Did I just type that a .25 package of fried noodles is my guilty pleasure?

I hear you, sister.
Why are we Ramen-ites so despised and rejected by society? :confused: :o :blackeye: ;(

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I had some last night. :)

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
kenny|1300821742|2877479 said:
Strawdermangrl|1300821644|2877477 said:

I hear you, sister.
Why are we Ramen-ites so despised and rejected by society? :confused: :o :blackeye: ;(

They can't compute our level of awesome.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
The plain dry raw noodles are actually surprisingly delicious. My mom was in a traffic jam for hours which led her to figure this out. Another friend of mine says if you soak them for 30 mins you don't need electricity which is great when you are squatting a vacant building. Ramen is beneath no one and yet out of no one's reach.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1300822017|2877485 said:
The plain dry raw noodles are actually surprisingly delicious. My mom was in a traffic jam for hours which led her to figure this out. Another friend of mine says if you soak them for 30 mins you don't need electricity which is great when you are squatting a vacant building. Ramen is beneath no one and yet out of no one's reach.

Love this post.

Perhaps we Ramenites are a cutting-edge new-wave society poised to take over the world. BUWHAAAAA.
Rice Cake Lovers . . . Move Over.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We eat a lot of Ramen here. I buy the chicken and beef in the big bags of 6 packages b/c that's what JD likes. I like the pork kind but can't get it in town, only at Walmart 30 miles away. Sometimes tho I get freaked out and can't eat it b/c it looks like brains. I have weird food issues.

E B

Ideal_Rock
When I get a craving I do. I like the typical poverty college-student fare Ramen, esp. the chicken flavor. I like to eat the noodles before they're completely soft so they've still got some crunch to them. YUM. :lickout:

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I've never had it! I am a really weird, picky eater though. I bet I wouldn't like it.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We do, we do! It's one of the best ways to get my kids to eat protein and veggies! I dump in portions of meat/chicken that I've cooked and frozen in serving portions, and add a ton of veggies...they love it (and so do I!) :love: Egg is a good choice too!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
E B|1300823257|2877506 said:
When I get a craving I do. I like the typical poverty college-student fare Ramen, esp. the chicken flavor. I like to eat the noodles before they're completely soft so they've still got some crunch to them. YUM. :lickout:
Ramen Al Dente..... Sign of a true connoisseur :lol:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
:lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

I could eat it everyday, seriously.

My mom would leave the water out...I think some people keep it in? Then she would stick them on the stove and cook them there and give them a crunchy texture. Then I would add some butter, flavoring, and mix.....add a pickle to the side for some added MSG so that it hopefully brings me to an msg coma. YUM! LOVE! Haven't done that in about 5 years but now that you brought it up....this weekend = ramen noodle time.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I like this post! I eat it too! The cheapo one and I think...Kimchi brand?! Spicy stuff. I should try adding a little fanciness to it! :bigsmile:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I like the spicy korean ones too. i get shin ramen: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Ramyun

But i have to rinse out the preservatives first. I boil water, throw in the noodles, swirl it, then dump the water out before the noodles get soft. THEN i cook w/ bok choy, egg, and whatever meats i find. THEN as the egg is close to cooked, i dump in the noodles.

I LOVE shin ramen because they dont feel soggy if you accidently leave it in too long. Try it!!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ha, you guys beat me to it - I was going to say, REAL good ramen is the spicy Korean or Japanese kind. There is no other.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I haven't had it for years, not since I was a starving grad student, but y'all have given me a craving for it in a big way. Funny thing, I just had Vietnamese Bun for lunch, which is basically ramen fancied up with meat and veggies.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I like the Shin ramen. It's always stocked in our house. Then I have Japanese instant ramen in my cubicle for days when I don't bring or want to go out to lunch.

And not quite ramen, I like Mama Tom Yum flavor noodles.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Nothing beats Ramen with Spam and Eggs for brunch :)

Just ask my kids.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes, I eat them. I didn't know it was frowned on. Aren't we supposed to? Why? I mean, they're really good. The hotter the better.

They're popular in the UK, with some domestic brand names that are pretty nasty, and some much more delicious brands available through Chinese and Korean markets here. They are so, so good.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
They're just not the healthiest of foods out there - pretty high in sodium, I believe, and not very nutritional.

I don't eat ramen very often at all - maybe once a year - because I'm not a huge fan of the noodle texture and my stomach always feels a little acidic after eating them.

Although for some reason I really like the cup noodle version of Shin Ramen - fast and so good!

I prefer udon noodles with homemade soup base (also healthier).

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Oh, BTW, adding kimchi to Ramen is AWESOME, even if it's already kimchi-flavored.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1300826541|2877565 said:
Oh, BTW, adding kimchi to Ramen is AWESOME, even if it's already kimchi-flavored.

Totally agreed - and egg :)

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
B.E.G.|1300826506|2877564 said:
They're just not the healthiest of foods out there - pretty high in sodium, I believe, and not very nutritional.

I don't eat ramen very often at all - maybe once a year - because I'm not a huge fan of the noodle texture and my stomach always feels a little acidic after eating them.

Although for some reason I really like the cup noodle version of Shin Ramen - fast and so good!

I prefer udon noodles with homemade soup base (also healthier).

I love the Shin Ramen cups. I keep them in my desk at work (but my office is so rarely cleaned that I really hate to eat in there - emergencies only).

In Scotland, there are two basic food groups - deep fried in batter / not deep fried in batter. On that basis, I'm going to count ramen as comparatively healthy. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results