shape
carat
color
clarity

I hate UPS

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
Do you all have issues with UPS? I don't know if it's just my area or what the issue is, but UPS can never seem to get it right. I have been waiting for two pieces of jewelry from two different vendors that were supposed to be delivered yesterday. I worked from home the last two days so that I can be here to sign for them. Yesterday's tracking said that I was not home to receive the package and today's tracking says that I no longer live at my address, this is news to me. After half an hour on the phone with UPS, they didn't offer any solution except wait for them tomorrow. The rep on the phone said sometimes when drivers have too many packages on their truck they just scan them as receiver not home. Good to know, that's great customer service! Haha

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
where i live, they sometimes don't bother to knock or ring the bell. so i may be home waiting for a delivery and never know they were here. when they do knock/ring they don't wait long enough for me to get to the front depending on where i am in the house either. so i try to leave notes on the door if it's something important. for all the tracking and logistics software and fleet management technology the communication between their office and the driver is really disjointed.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are worse than awful.

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
where i live, they sometimes don't bother to knock or ring the bell. so i may be home waiting for a delivery and never know they were here. when they do knock/ring they don't wait long enough for me to get to the front depending on where i am in the house either. so i try to leave notes on the door if it's something important. for all the tracking and logistics software and fleet management technology the communication between their office and the driver is really disjointed.
Isn't it just the most frustrating feeling? I never have issues with fedex or USPS, just UPS.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have more problems with UPS than any other carrier. I rarely but occasionally have problems with fedex, and never have problems with USPS.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The person on the next street over gets tons of my mail and i get theirs. Since I walk the dog over there, I usually end up dropping mail off too...lol

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I am expecting a package, whether from UPS, FedEx, or USPS, I sign up for email alerts, including "item has been delivered" alerts. Sometimes that's the only way I know an item has been delivered!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg yes I hate UPS too! Always (well almost always) there are issues with my deliveries from UPS. I even wrote a poem about a few weeks ago lol.

UPS you suck so bad
Makes your customers so sad

Misplacing deliveries
Causing worry and misery
Is all you seem to do
with consistency
Shame on you
UPS delivery

You suck so bad
Makes us mad

Please deliver our packages
safe and sound
As is in your contract
you are bound

It's not so very hard to do
Makes me sad to write this to you
But UPS all I have to say
is you suck today and every day

@FlashyFlamingo I’m sorry you’re also having issues with them ands hope your deliveries arrive safely. :pray:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel your pain.
I was waiting on a very expensive piece of jewellery, paying $100 for international insured and tracked shipping. I was in the bedroom and actually saw the van pull up. Yay. I went to get my ID out of my wallet and to the front door. Open front door and from the porch only can see man disappearing back into his van and driving off.
Ping, goes my phone.
Successful delivery.
WHAT.
Lazy so and so couldn’t walk 15 meters up the path to the front door, instead put a “not home” slip into my mailbox.
I then had to wait until after 4pm to take myself to the Post Office, queue up and then receive my parcel.
Jerk.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the same experience as @ Bron37 the guy is too lazy to knock on my door they honk and if I'm not down and outside fast enough they leave a card in the mailbox and zoom off fast. I phone them like 3 seconds after the guy drives off and they can't turn around to come back to my house when I can see the van speeding off into the distance. It turns out all around the world, UPS sucks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel your pain.
I was waiting on a very expensive piece of jewellery, paying $100 for international insured and tracked shipping. I was in the bedroom and actually saw the van pull up. Yay. I went to get my ID out of my wallet and to the front door. Open front door and from the porch only can see man disappearing back into his van and driving off.
Ping, goes my phone.
Successful delivery.
WHAT.
Lazy so and so couldn’t walk 15 meters up the path to the front door, instead put a “not home” slip into my mailbox.
I then had to wait until after 4pm to take myself to the Post Office, queue up and then receive my parcel.
Jerk.

I have the same experience as @ Bron37 the guy is too lazy to knock on my door they honk and if I'm not down and outside fast enough they leave a card in the mailbox and zoom off fast. I phone them like 3 seconds after the guy drives off and they can't turn around to come back to my house when I can see the van speeding off into the distance. It turns out all around the world, UPS sucks.

One way to try circumventing this issue is leaving a big note on the door stating you’re home. Lol when I was waiting for Bubbalah to be delivered I left a note on the door saying I’m home! It worked. :halo:
600AB32E-EFCF-45C2-8020-C215F1BC4FEC.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 40 lbs bag of litter was allegedly delivered to my front door at 248pm. Its 742pm. Where is my litter?

UPS is a disaster here. Then there was the time they changed my delivery to hold for pickup at ups store. Ummm... then it didnt arrive at the store. Then it was on the truck still then it was at the facility... after 5 days, I called overstock and they had another one delivered.

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
Omg yes I hate UPS too! Always (well almost always) there are issues with my deliveries from UPS. I even wrote a poem about a few weeks ago lol.

@FlashyFlamingo I’m sorry you’re also having issues with them ands hope your deliveries arrive safely. :pray:
Oh my gosh! This is fantastic!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the hate UPS club.

A vendor shipped some rings by UPS ahead of schedule without telling me. In route, the contents were stolen. On the upside, UPS noticed the package was tampered with so didn't try to deliver it. The problem was that they didn't notify me or the seller. I don't think they even tried to investigate what happened since there was never an effort to find out what was missing. We only found out when I asked the vendor when they would be shipping and surprised I hadn't received it, they inquired.

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
My package from David Klass was finally delivered. Yippee! The package from the estate jeweler is "missing". I called UPS and their helpful customer service rep said that if it really is lost, I'll get the insurance money and I can just buy a new one. So I guess I'll just be firing up my time machine and setting the dial to 1928, so that I can go to Tiffany and buy another. Haha!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Terrible... that time machine lolololol!

I called Petco twice last night. The first time they told me to call back after 9pm bc then it would be the end of the day. I did at 10:10 PM and the rep told me to check my front door once again. Ummm what? He was giving me a hard time and I just gave up. I called chewy.com and asked if they use ups. Nope. FedEx. Yes!!!! So I ordered litter from chewy. UPS is just shady where I am currently located.

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
Terrible... that time machine lolololol!

I called Petco twice last night. The first time they told me to call back after 9pm bc then it would be the end of the day. I did at 10:10 PM and the rep told me to check my front door once again. Ummm what? He was giving me a hard time and I just gave up. I called chewy.com and asked if they use ups. Nope. FedEx. Yes!!!! So I ordered litter from chewy. UPS is just shady where I am currently located.
I've always had good luck with Chewy and FedEx. I think I'm going to go out of my way to avoid retailers who use UPS.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have problems with Amazon and USPS sometimes. We have an underground electric fence for our dogs that "encloses" the front and back yards. When the dogs are in the front yard, no packages from them. And both dogs are tail wagging clowns, not at all mean. It's a big pita to have to go to the post office to pick up stuff.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My most recent ring purchase came UPS. My DH answered the door and signed for the package, all the while the delivery guy was blathering about “any box this lightweight that requires a signature, the contents are either very expensive or firearms.” :shock: Geez, I’m feeling lucky I got my package at all. I prefer FedEx.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My most recent ring purchase came UPS. My DH answered the door and signed for the package, all the while the delivery guy was blathering about “any box this lightweight that requires a signature, the contents are either very expensive or firearms.” :shock: Geez, I’m feeling lucky I got my package at all. I prefer FedEx.

Lol, "DH signed for it." My doormat-

178028.jpeg.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have problems with Amazon and USPS sometimes. We have an underground electric fence for our dogs that "encloses" the front and back yards. When the dogs are in the front yard, no packages from them. And both dogs are tail wagging clowns, not at all mean. It's a big pita to have to go to the post office to pick up stuff.

we had a postman who one day asked me to basically create a wide berth for him while walking my dog down the public sidewalk. i was surprised b/c there are a ton of dogs in the neighborhood and she's not threatening. but he must deal with dozens of them every day and hard to know who's friendly or not until it's too late sometimes.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
we had a postman who one day asked me to basically create a wide berth for him while walking my dog down the public sidewalk. i was surprised b/c there are a ton of dogs in the neighborhood and she's not threatening. but he must deal with dozens of them every day and hard to know who's friendly or not until it's too late sometimes.

I do understand it. It's just annoying to have to go pick up the packages. One lady was so afraid that she ran in my house when she spotted my dog outside (he's a big friendly goofy lab, lol). I feel sorry for people who are terrified of dogs - they don't know what they are missing!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my area it’s FEDEX that sucks. So many problems with them that I stopped purchasing from companies that used them as a shipper. I won’t even bother going into all the effed up, late, total bullshit shipments I dealt with several years ago .

Maybe there are just areas in which certain carriers are better than others?

Currently love: GoPuff, Kroger and Walmart “clicklist” pickup orders same day (oh, Target too—within 2 hours!) and soon we will have Amazon 1day delivery. This is a former retail worker's actual dream come true you guys.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One time UPS left a gold Rolex watch under my front door mat w/o me signing it. :eek-2:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I'm the outlier! I've been on a first-name, friendly basis with our UPS driver for years. His route hits my house at about the time I have to pick up kids from school. I left a note with my cell once when I was expecting a signed delivery; he called it and told me where he was at. I met up with him and got my package. I have done that a few more times since. He's awesome!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rainydaze same here! I give our UPS guy homemade pumpkin bread for Christmas each year. He is great!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is crazy! I LOVE UPS but only because I'm friendly with my local UPS driver (not THAT friendly though ;)2) and he always looks out for me/my stuff. I have MAJOR issues with USPS and FEDEX and will only pick-up from their locations. If something has to be delivered I have it sent to my husband's job because they're less likely to mess around with business deliveries in my experience.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In NY my UPS guy is da BOMB! We miss him if we dont see him lolol.

This other city where I'm having all the issues... omg. Cant deal... fingers crossed that FedEx is the answer here...

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In NY my UPS guy is da BOMB! We miss him if we dont see him lolol.

This other city where I'm having all the issues... omg. Cant deal... fingers crossed that FedEx is the answer here...

I think with UPS it really seems to come down to the local delivery person!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results