carat
color
clarity

I hate the post office!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am never mailing anything again!

So i went though the post office to mail my ring. I got insurance and tracking. I mailed it on Saturday. The person I am sending the ring to and I have been watching to tracking. It hasnt updated any tracking sense saturday. It still says its in my town.

I called up the post office today and had to sit though 5 minutes (im under estimating here i am SURE) of automated service. I could not or say or press anything to get to a rep. it kept going "Im sorry i cant understand, could you say that again"... i was already ready to rage.

Then I got to the rep and she was very nice, I work as a service rep and i know how hard it is, she was very good. She told me sometimes, though they should, people sometimes dont log it into the tracking like they should. She said they have something that she can do to look into it and would email me right after we got off the phone and something else when they had some more info.

Well i didnt get the email after we got off the the phone, so after about 4 hours once i got off work i called again.

AGAIN after 5 minutes of "Im sorry i cant understand, could you say that again"... I got to a guy. I asked him why i hadnt gotten my email and the conversation went a little like this. he was super rude, he wasnt listening to me, kept calling me "ma'am" with an attitude, and i know well enough that when a rep says Ma'am they mean B****.... he at one point said 'Ma'am they dont scan the while they are driving!"

I told him not be condescending and that i wanted to know why i was having something tracked and and they couldnt tell me where it was. He was interrupting me, would not answer my question about the email the first woman had mentioned, and as i was getting upset he hung up on me.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
USPS usually does not post anything until after they deliver it! Expect it to be slow--I just sent off 2 registered insured packages to both the west and east coasts recently and it took 6 long days to get their individual destinations! But they both made it safely, though! Now I can breathe a sigh of relief!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i could drive it down faster its only from mid michigan to ohio!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Did you send it registered? Or just insured with tracking?

They have been better lately about updating tracking info regularly so if it's not going registered, I would understand your concern. I bought something last year off DB and it got sent 1st class with tracking and insurance but tracking never updated. I eventually wrote the seller and asked about it, and they went to the PO they sent it from and the package had never been sent. It was still at the original post office. So if you feel it should have been updated by now, but doesn't seem to have been updated at all, you might try going back to the PO you sent from to check on it.

I eventually got my package, but it took over a week. Now, if I am mailing something expensive enough to need insurance, and a signature, but not expensive enough to need Registered Mail, I send it Priority, never 1st class. I only send things under a a couple hundred dollars 1st class.

*WHat I just said only applies to regular mail. If it's gone Registered, none of that gets updated until it is delivered and it takes a week or more.*

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will agree that if it went registered mail, they do not post again until delivery. But it is THE most secure method for an individual to mail something, so I wouldn't worry unless a couple of weeks passes and it hasn't been delivered.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had it insured with tracking, I don't know what else though. I'm just furious that rep was so blatantly rude and not listening to me. I get your job his hard I work with peoples money in a business everyone hates too! I know how to deal with customers. You don't call them sir, interrupt them, he extremely condescensing, and HANG UP ON THEM FOR NO REASON. I wasn't yelling I wasn't being rude. I would get SO fired so fast for the coral he pulled.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
...and i know well enough that when a rep says Ma'am they mean B****....

Sorry, but I got a laugh out of that because it's so true. I had problems with one package that I sent with Signature tracking. I bought postage online and I dropped the labeled package into the package slot at the PO instead of waiting at the counter like I usually do and getting a receipt. Well, that package never got an origin scan. And apparently never got a couple of intermediate scans that are seen by the PO on its system but are not seen online by customers. Then it suddenly turned up as scanned at the destination PO, and then Out for Delivery. And was never scanned as delivered. And it had flippin' SIGNATURE REQUIRED on it! I reported it as lost and I made them trace it, because the online tracking never said "Delivered." I am hoping that this made trouble for some of the people who didn't properly scan the thing along the way. Meanwhile, the recipient got it, and emailed me that it had just been left at the office of her apartment complex, without getting anyone's signature. Of course, USPS "found" it delivered. The PO apologized and refunded the postage plus the Sig Tracking fee.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you had a bad experience.
USPS should delete their 'tracking' thingie.
It's a joke.
Either track stuff or don't pretend to offer tracking.

Ironically the body language of the second guy you spoke to probably looked like your avatar.

whoa__not_my_fault.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results