shape
carat
color
clarity

I got double halo'd by ERD!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
It has always been a dream of mine to own a cushion for a RHR. I absolutely adored the soleste every time I visited Tiffany's and my hubby and I decided that for my 35th birthday in July that dream was going to become a reality!

I reached out to Grace and Mark at ERD! Grace was lovely, quick to respond, and I hope down the road I will be able to do a project with her. However, it was Mark who ended up finding a stone that I loved in the size I wanted within my budget! I had been in touch with Mark years ago about a possible engagement reset that I never decided to pull the trigger on, but really enjoyed meeting him. So when it was time for this project, I was excited to work with him again. Mark is very personable, quick to respond, honest, and patient. Mark felt strongly I should stick to H color or better given the melee contrast. I'm glad I took this advice. I was on the fence on whether to do a legacy type or soleste type setting and Mark felt that I would be much happier with the soleste given that is what I always liked when I visited Tiffany's and also from his past experiences making them for people. I respected his opinion and honesty. I'm glad I went with my gut as well because I freaking LOVE THIS RING!!! The pave is done beautifully. It is very delicate and feminine and showcases the stone. From when I contacted Mark to finished ring it took about 5 weeks. Mark knew that I had a party to attend this labor day weekend and even drove this ring to the Berkshires in Massachusetts to meet up with me to hand deliver. We chatted for about an hour. What a pleasure working with him and ERD!

I also want to thank Sarahbear who was so lovely and took a peek for me at a couple of different stones. I really appreciate your opinion and help Sarahbear! :wavey:

Here are the details:

.94 carat OMB
5.89 x 5.47 x 3.77mm
GIA - H VS1
Polish and Symmetry both Very Good
Faint Fluor

Tons of pics to follow....

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Here is the lovely stone. Beautiful cross and culet, very firey...

cb1-35.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Next came the CAD's. Mark used 1.1 and 1.2 mm melee in the halo. They are very lively and give off a ton of white sparkle!

1cad.jpg

2cad.jpg

3cad.jpg

4cad.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Here are my favorite pics showing the delicate split shank...

imag0468.jpg

imag0469.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Some more pics...

imag0466.jpg

imag0467.jpg

imag0471.jpg

imag0472.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
And some more...

imag0474.jpg

imag0475.jpg

_21882.jpg

imag0486.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's doubly gorgeous!! :love: :love: Be careful driving with that ring on Lizzyann. It's doubly blinding. :love:
I apologize if I am posting while you are still posting pics but when I saw your beauty I had to say WOW! Wear in health and happiness and please post lots more pics. :appl:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
A lot of pics...I was excited can you tell??!!! You see a little warmth in the up close pics. So glad I stayed with an H!

imag0487.jpg

imag0478.jpg

imag0479.jpg

imag0480.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
A few more...at a trip to Target with the kids! Sure we can look in the toy section while I enjoy the lighting on my new bling!

imag0482.jpg

imag0490.jpg

imag0491.jpg

imag0492.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Last one....for today :naughty: ;)) :appl:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Enjoy!

imag0493.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks amazing--so blindingly beautiful! :appl: I think you could also wear it as your ER! :cheeky:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
missy|1409610100|3743035 said:
It's doubly gorgeous!! :love: :love: Be careful driving with that ring on Lizzyann. It's doubly blinding. :love:
I apologize if I am posting while you are still posting pics but when I saw your beauty I had to say WOW! Wear in health and happiness and please post lots more pics. :appl:

Thanks Missy! I am really enjoying it!! I had my hubby drive all day yesterday so I could enjoy the view! Thanks for posting!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1409610620|3743045 said:
Wow, it looks amazing--so blindingly beautiful! :appl: I think you could also wear it as your ER! :cheeky:

Thank you Mom2boys! I appreciate your opinion, you have such lovely taste! I have actually put it on my left hand too as the size is only a little bigger. I am a size 5 on left hand and 6 on right hand, but its doable! Thanks for taking the time to post!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I have such a soft spot for double halos!!! Your ring is divine!! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great double halo. Very nicely done. You could wear that. ;-)

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Congratulations and happy birthday as well!

Mark is great to work with and what customer service to drive the ring to you.

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in double halo love :love: I need that ring for my right hand :naughty:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, it's beautiful!!!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful ring, a case where a double halo is tastefully done!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1409623239|3743136 said:
Very beautiful ring, a case where a double halo is tastefully done!

Just what I was thinking, too! :love: :love: :love:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Beauuuuuutiful!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring!!! And a great example of a double halo that looks stunning. ERD did a great job. Do you have a picture of the profile?

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing :appl:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous Lizzi, no wonder you can't stop staring at it. Don't you love the lighting in department stores. Happy Birthday too! :wavey:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lizzy, it's gorgeous!!!! Really stunning!! Happy belated bday!!! :appl: :appl:

Ps...I love Mark too....he really is the best!

makeable

Shiny_Rock
ooo la la… that is stunning :love:
And a belated HBD to you!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Crystal, thank you so much!

Truluv, I know you do!! Can't wait to see yours!!! Thanks!

LLJsmom, thank you! Mark really did a nice job on it! I am wearing and loving it! I feel like a movie star! ha ha!

LS, thank you! Are you still on your halo high??!!! ha ha!! Yours came out gorgeous!!

Candgrl, it really is a perfect RHR! It looks nice and big but could still be worn as an ER or RHR!

ArkieB1, thank you so much!

Aprilbaby, thank you! I really feel like it is so delicately done. I have to really look up close to even notice the inner halo.

DS, thank you! I had a lot of fun with this project and am so happy with the final result!

Lioness, thank you so much!!

Acinom, thanks for your kind post. I will work on a profile pic and get one posted! It has a nice tiered effect which makes the double halo very gradual looking.

thecat, thank you!!!

Monnyjay, thanks so much! Yes, I swear Home Depot has the best lighting! That's why I don't mind going there with the hubs! Congrats on your new purchase as well! It's beautiful!

Dani, thanks! Yes, Mark is so personable. I really enjoyed working with him and hearing his stories about his family as well!

Makeable, thank you so much!!! I'm not sure what could top this birthday present!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
First I want to say "Happy Birthday"
Second; that ring is absolutely Gorgeous!!!
I love the way it turned out, very blingy and it looks beautiful and perfect on your finger!
Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results