shape
carat
color
clarity

I found something I love as much as FI: Our Invites!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
FI has an extremely talented artist as a family friend, and she offered to design our invites and beer labels (for our favors) as a wedding present. We wanted something really unique and she is incredibly creative, so somewhere along the process the idea of katamari invites emerged. We are having a lot of games at our reception, and are both huge gamers. We thought of a game board first, but, the more we thought about it, since we both like console gaming better, it eventually turned to a katamari. The katamari is made up of things that are important to or representative of us.

For anyone who doesn''t know and is curious, katamari is a Playstation game where you go around rolling up everything in your way to try to make stars. (Sounds as odd as it is).

And, you all thought it was just a screen name. Little did you know it was an obsession. . .
2.gif

kat.invite1.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Here you can tell that it is more of a card, which was really important to FI as he hates flat card invitations (something I would have never guessed he had an opinion on).

kat.invite2.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Inside--all hand inked. She literally wrote a book on calligraphy, so we told her to just come up with any script she saw fit.

kat.inside.card.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
The rsvp card.

kat.rsvp2.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
And the back. I need to find a place to number them inconspicuously--the only downside I can see of postcard replies so far.

I know they are not for everyone, but they are seriously my favorite part of the wedding by a long shot (well, except for the groom, of course!).

Thanks for looking!

kat.rsvp.card.back.JPG

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful and generous wedding gift from your friend! I'm glad you and your fiance will get to send out invites thatare so true to you, and that you're totally jazzed about!

ETA that game sounds like fun -- and it sounds like it's entirely too addictive!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
They are SO unique and so personalized - these are wonderful!!

I love: Will celebrate with you in body/Will celebrate with you in spirit

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
katamari, I love how unique and personal they are! They look fabulous!

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
What cool invites! That is really generous of your friend to design and make them for you!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
How awesome! Are those objects from the game or do they also have significance for you? Which games are you playing at the reception? I think that the RSVP is just too cute. Holy cow, is she hand inking each one for you? I wish I was that good at calligraphy!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love the RSVP.. It''s adorable
9.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that looks like a wedding that would be fun to go to! BTW - make mine omnivore!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are SO INCREDIBLY AWESOME. I LOVE them.

36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
so cool that they are really personal and representative of you and your FI. I love those types of personal touches! congratulations on them coming out so amazingly!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
They are incredible. It''s fabulous to see your personalities coming through in little touches like these!
36.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Very cool.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Those are awesome! My FI and I both play Katamari too. I''d better not show him those, or I''ll never get him to agree to anything else.
2.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely phenomenal! If I received that invitation in the mail, I would keep it for life! So unique and so YOU!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Those are so cool and personal!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are so great! I love love love it when couples do something unconventional if it really represents them!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
So awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Those are sooooo awesome! I LOVE THEM! So unique, never seen before, and really say something about the two of you!

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I love your invitations...they are so unique! I like how your friend incorporated pictures that represent you and FI! I, especially, love the Block O on the front! GO BUCKS!
3.gif

I sure hope you will have a score update at your reception on September 12th for the OSU vs. USC game! LOL!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT!!! I''m very intrigued by the shark...Is that Mt. Fuji I see?

If you don''t mind sharing, can you tell me how you are going to have games at the wedding? I briefly considered having pool tables, tart boards, Wii, PS, etc, but I gave up on it when I couldn''t figure out how to bring them to the wedding venue.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I love them.

I think my FI would love them too. We are also huge gamers and have spent hours playing Katamari. A strange yet charming game eh?

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
I.LOVE.THEM.

Also, I love katamari...and am now probably going to play some...

"katamari damachi...do do do doooo!"

Also love the celebrate in body/spirit-- so cute!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Those are COOOOOOL!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I am basking in all of your love! Thank you so, so, so much [/b] CDNinNYC, JerseyGrl, gaby, Freke, lala, Honey, Italia, Kelly, Neatfreak, Princessplease, Ilovesparkles,[/b] and Porridge! I am glad to see that the personalization is well received! I think all of our guests will "get it" but if not, they will be able to identify some of these things as important to us.

VRBeauty, you should totally play! It is an amazingly fun game, and easy enough that non-gamers could enjoy it just as much as serious gamers!

Thanks, BigT,. The body/spirit was totally the artist's idea, but I will give her props! I love it, too.

Yes, Honey228, she is hand inking the inside of each one--as well of the envelopes. Did I mention how lucky we are to have her willing to do this for us! All of the objects were ones we picked, and are significant for both of us or one of us (like I am a sociologist, he is a computer scientist/mathematician, so that is why those two books are there, we are getting married in the Andes in Ecuador, hence the flag and the mountain, etc.). We are having tons of games at the reception: a pub quiz, a mini-disc golf course set up, 4 Wiis (with Bowling, MarioKart, Guitar Hero, and Rockband), cornhole, and horseshoes are all definite for now and we may add more once we finalize the layout. They will all be optional, though, so guests either can or can't participate.

Thanks, tyty! It is great to have such a quick RSVP
2.gif

Would that be such a bad thing, Pjean!
1.gif

That means so much, Kama! All my friends are making fun of me because they know I am excited about the invites, but I won't tell anyone about them so that they are a surprise. Hopefully they will see why when they get them! I love the thought of someone keeping one!

Woohoo, [/b]LauraSLP[/b]! GO BUCKS! We are not only having a score update, but are actually going to be projecting the game--you know how seriously Buckeyes fans take football! O-H!

Thanks, Choro, I was actually proposed to as Jaws popped out of the water (a scene from the movie Mallrats, if you are not familiar--it was a running joke between FI and I since we are both huge Kevin Smith fans). I am not sure you could get a venue to agree to pool and darts, but we are actually renting projectors and screens from our rental company. Wii, PS, Xbox all have AV outputs that project them directly onto a scree (or with the PS or XBox, you can do it thorough a server). It is actually pretty easy--and I totally stole the idea from Violet02 to give credit where credit is due. I think that some games are better suited for a reception than others, but I think you could bring in some--especially simple games like cornhole would be easy to accommodate. Let me know if you want any more details and I would be happy to share.

Totally, Merrymunky. It is one of the most out-there games ever, but also why it is one of my favorites
1.gif

Yay, Lilmissrugger! I wholeheartedly support a katamari Monday!

--Edited to fix a silly formatting glitch.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Those are seriously awesome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results