shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW I finally have it!

PearCraze

Rough_Rock
I always had a love of diamonds, and I wanted to be an archeologist when I was little just to dig up jewels ;-). But when it finally came to getting engaged, we were both barely out of college and my DH didn't know anything about American culture and engagement rings and did the best he knew how and bought me a 1/2 ct round brilliant diamond with what looked like a massive feather going through it, also the proposal went a little awry - somehow cops were involved because they thought something fishy was going on when he was just trying to ask me to marry him- it was dark and near a lake haha. Anyways the whole experience was tainted and it wasn't until 7 years later that I got an opportunity to replace it. I was able to sell the original ring for what DH bought it for (a rarity I know!) and i bought this 1.5 carat princess, even though my heart was set on a cushion, mainly because there weren't many cushions locally to choose from. It was pure uncritical naive joy for 7 days..... until we randomly fell in love with a house, and we decided the best decision was to return the ring. A few years later -after i discovered diamonds online were safe to buy, I bought a yellow cushion diamond. It unfortunately had strong blue fluorescence, which I normally love, but it made my yellow diamond look milky grey in the sunshine. I also was not as strong willed as I am now, and I got many comments from strangers asking if it was a sapphire, or high fiving me for not buying a diamond- just a lot of odd comments. A few years later when I hit a career milestone and felt like it was time to get something else, I traded in my yellow diamond for a 2 ct pear. It was beautiful, but I was never fully satisfied. I'm not normally materialistic person so just wanting to spend even more money on a ring was a mental battle. Finally this year on our 13th year anniversary, and after some life lessons showing me life truly is short- my DH pushed me to buy this beautiful diamond. And he was pleasantly involved i this whole process. I am over the moon with this 3.40ct HVVS2 EX/EX cushion but faces more like a 4ct ( 9.6x8.42). It's in a temporary matte 18k gold and platinum setting. Just wanted to share (and if you have any suggestions for settings let me know!!) Thanks for reading :) 93F32856-356E-46E3-ABCF-860A4F3F69F5.jpeg B75B949A-B966-40BD-B074-D47344BF378F.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I absolutely LOVE this ring & your story! And please don't change the setting - it's just glorious & really let's that beautiful stone shine!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! it's perfect. Love the Matte Gold.. it's special I think. Happy anniversary.. the stone is just a fireball.. :)

H

Horsegirl76

Gorgeous! Well worth the journey and wait! Congratulations

L

lydial

Whoooaaaaa..... it is stunning! Congratulations! Who made your setting please??

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is really beautiful, and looks lovely on your hand. I personally really like the setting. Congratulations!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Kudos to you op, you had a hard journey but that stone more than makes up for it!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful, and I'm all about that understated elegant setting.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s perfect just the way it is! Gorgeous!

PearCraze

Rough_Rock
Whoooaaaaa..... it is stunning! Congratulations! Who made your setting please??

Thank you!!!! The stone and the setting were from Adiamor. It's their cathedral platinum basket solitaire R3044 in 18k matte.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your story! Your exquisite stone and setting is swoon worthy!
Congratulations!

jBright

Shiny_Rock
it’s humungous and gorgeous!!!! Congratulations!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! And, that setting is PERFECT!

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
absolutely love the story! now this ring symbolize not only you guys' strong relationship but also your growth over the years! congrats on the ring! it's beautiful!! well deserved! :kiss2:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your dreamy cushion! I love reading the "how I got from there to here" backstory. I think many of us have had similiar stepwise journies to the one that makes the heart sing. I hope it brings you joy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Looks like it has really nice light return...well done! Congrats on your beautiful new ring!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks perfect, the setting is elegant and highlights your gorgeous diamond

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elegant, sophisticated and stunning. ❤️ Perfection. ❤️

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
Loved your story and congratulations, your stone and setting are gorgeous!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
What a story! Such memories! Congratulations on that beautiful ring :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Absolutely stunning! And a true testament to, “if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again...”

:)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your story about how you eventually purchased your beautiful diamond! I also think the setting is just perfect! It makes the diamond stand out and shine! It’s a sparkle bomb! Beautiful!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsers, it’s lovely :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1
@ItsMainelyYou
@Polabowla
@Diamond Girl 21
@lydial
@Horsegirl76
@Bayek
@mwilliamanderson
@Alex T
@mrs-b

Thank you so so soooooooo much! Hearing all of the kind replies makes me love this ring even more, and perhaps I won't change the setting :D!

@PearCraze -

I read this post and actually said in my head - "Right! Don't you dare!"

But it's not my ring, so you should do what you want....
......solongasitdoesntinvolvechangingthatgorgeoussetting!!
.....but, of course, and again, not my setting.....
.....butevenso.....

:mrgreen:

PearCraze

Rough_Rock
=)2 I am just so fortunate to have you ladies (and some very cool men) to share with in this forum...... because there is no one else in my "offline" life that would get happy for me. So thank you! I appreciate all of it :)

PearCraze

Rough_Rock
@PearCraze -

I read this post and actually said in my head - "Right! Don't you dare!"

But it's not my ring, so you should do what you want....
......solongasitdoesntinvolvechangingthatgorgeoussetting!!
.....but, of course, and again, not my setting.....
.....butevenso.....

:mrgreen:

Hahaha...... if I ever feel the urge to change the setting, all I have to do is come back and re-read this thread. Its staying put for now ! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results