shape
carat
color
clarity

I Finally Finished the Sketches for my Pendant!!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
and emailed them off...

I posted a few weeks ago that I was working on a custom pendant design and was doing the sketches myself. I posted a pic much like this one and got feedbacK from several of you. I was initially leaning toward having the largest of the 3 diamonds at the top and the smallest at the bottom. A couple of you liked one of the ideas where I reversed that, but I didn't like the rounded contours as much as some of the more angular ones..........

Preliminaries.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
But the idea to invert the stones stuck with me, and I bounced back and forth on which one to choose for a couple weeks and just tonight realized how I wanted to do it. Here's the general idea as I did several drawings trying to get it right...

Finalists.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I finally got it as close as I'm going to get right here, now it's in the hands on the CAD artist to fine-tune it....

TheWinner.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Here's a pic showing the side profile and gold cutaway I'ce drawn up.

The bottom stone will be an 1.10 F colored Eightstar I got recently from JbEG, featured here. https://www.pricescope.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=143201 It's 6.7 mm in diameter.

The middle stone will be a 5mm D colored WF ACA and the top stone will be a 3.3 mm ACA melee.

AllAngles2.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...thats gonna be a whole lot of bling in a little pendant (I mean that in a good way!) Who are you having make it?
White gold? Are they going to do cads? Keep us posted.

mattbrown516

Rough_Rock
Andelain-
Very impressive. Looks like it could really be a dazzling piece when it is all said and done. Keep us posted with updates!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweeeet
:sun:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
tyty333 said:
Wow...thats gonna be a whole lot of bling in a little pendant (I mean that in a good way!) Who are you having make it?
White gold? Are they going to do cads? Keep us posted.

Thanks tyty, Yssie, and MattBrown. :appl: WF is doing it for me in 18kt yellow gold with white gold heads. The're doing CADs that I can't wait to see (and tweak :bigsmile: ) I should have them back in a week or so.

Here's a peek at the center stone, I'm getting it from WF too.

LW-di40x_ags-1040402380062.jpg

LW-is_ags-1040402380062.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stone...post the cads so we can all see (please) :)) . I love watching jewelry go through the design process from
begining to end.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
tyty333 said:
Pretty stone...post the cads so we can all see (please) :)) . I love watching jewelry go through the design process from
begining to end.

I got a rough CAD back a few minutes ago to confirm the basic shape I wanted and WOW! This is going to be nice, if I do say so myself. :love:

Wait, I do say so myself, it was my idea! :bigsmile: I do have to change out the center stone to get the desired effect thouth. Oh boo-hoo, I have to use a bigger diamond.... :lol:

:lol:

LW-PrelimCAD.jpg

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
oh my, my! This will be one great beauty! So sorry you have to get a bigger stone LOL! :naughty:

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lots of bling.
When will the pendant be ready?
Can't wait to see neck shots.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
You must be devasted having to use a LARGER diamond! lol :devil:

Looks fab! Be safe LW!! :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain said:
tyty333 said:
begining to end.

I got a rough CAD back a few minutes ago to confirm the basic shape I wanted and WOW! This is going to be nice, if I do say so myself. :love:

Wait, I do say so myself, it was my idea! :bigsmile: I do have to change out the center stone to get the desired effect thouth. Oh boo-hoo, I have to use a bigger diamond.... :lol:

:lol:

::snort::

Awesome, Ande!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going to be cool! Cant wait to see more!!!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
FancyDiamond said:
Lots of bling.

yes, when , when??

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Too freeken cool LW ;))

You are my jewelry goddess.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
vbnet said:
oh my, my! This will be one great beauty! So sorry you have to get a bigger stone LOL! :naughty:

Ummmmm, yeah...... tragic isn't it? :lol: :lol: :lol: Of course
that 7-8 point jump in stone size is going to cost around $500-600 because I crossed the half-carat mark. Oh well, we only live once. :bigsmile:

FancyDiamond said:
Lots of bling.

I don't know when it'll be ready, but I'm hoping they finish it YESTERDAY! I'm so ready to get my hands on it. Here's the latest update, the prongs are drawn in here. I emailed back to ask if they could move the gold a bit away from the diamonds to give room for 4 prong white gold heads with tiny claw prongs.

I get more excited with each drawing I get from WF. :naughty: :bigsmile: :appl:

LW-PrelimCAD-2.jpg

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
I hope they can, I also prefer small claws - - but in any event it is beautiful!!! Can't wait for it to be finished!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
What will be the total dimensions of the pendant? I'm guessing about 2 cm long , 1.5 wide, but I don't think I'm quite right? It is going to be drop dead gorgeous!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, how awesome that you have the talent and vision to create your own design! I love it...it sounds like it's going to be beautiful! How long do you think it will take before you get to wear it (and post pics of course!)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Yennyfire, thank you. What a nice thing to say! Thank you all for the compliments. I'll have to admit that I'm proud of this design. It's not based on anything I've ever seen before, it just formed in my head and I've wanted to do it for a long time. The final design isn't too different that the idea I had years ago, but the order of the stones is reversed.

vbnet said:
What will be the total dimensions of the pendant? I'm guessing about 2 cm long , 1.5 wide, but I don't think I'm quite right? It is going to be drop dead gorgeous!

You're not far off at all. I took the latest prelim CAD and shrunk it down until the largest stone was life size and then measure 2.25 cm lone and 1.35 cm wide at the widest part. Here's the last prelim, I told Joe at WF to move on to the real thing. I think I'm in :love:

LW-PrelimCAD-5.jpg

RL-PC5.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
And here's the stones that I'll be using. I had to go up around .2mm on the middle stone to make the design work, so I picked the .511 F-SI1. Bob at WF was kind enough to go through several of that size and pick out the eye-clean one, plus he picked me a .14ct melee that will go nicely.

51pt F-SI1-40x.jpg

3stones-forPendant.jpg

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
EEEKS! My heart just quickened! It's going to be soo beautiful! Keep us posted!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see it!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your pendant is going to be gorgeous! The stones you picked look great.

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. This is going to be gorgeous! I love the line up of the stones!! :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
missydebby said:
Can't wait to see it!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Me either!!! But I got to wait for the CADs.... then they have to make it......... then they have to ship over here....................

I can't stand it any more!!! :errrr:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's going to be stunning! Can't wait to see pictures. :praise:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. That is going to be seriously blingy! Can't wait for neck shots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results