Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

I did a bad, bad thing...bought the sapphire ring many folks here advised against

finerthings

Shiny_Rock
Oh, wow, there is something so romantic and gorgeous about your ring. I love it, and good for you for following your own heart and judgement. Congrats!!! :kiss2:

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@CSpan Thank you for the compliment, yes, perhaps in a former life, it shone as a violet twinkle on the slender hand of a bedazzled Daisy Buchanan-esque character gliding across the dance floor as the jazz band lurches into full swing...it’s amazing how these mementos live through eras and wars and seamlessly pass from one owner to the next.

And thank you very much for the tip re Maloys—im on the west coast and always up for a jewelry-centric road trip, dragging along my poor hubby lol.

Last edited:

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Btw, since this old thread seems to be resurrected briefly, I’m curious re what color this stone is.

Below is the color the stone is most of the time that I see on my finger under natural light during my day indoors (Rather than the warm purple under artificial light only, or the almost all blue under outdoor strong natural light).

6589B75F-1894-447A-8E80-93A82D062EF9.jpeg

Just curious: What trade color term would most folks say this is? Violet? Lavender? Periwinkle? (I’m bad with colors so I’ve always said my grayish purple-blue ring lol which is actually three colors I suppose and quite a mouthful lol)

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I would say violet. It's too dark toned for me to say lavender, and periwinkle to me is more blue and lighter toned as well.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Handmade diamond studs
    Handmade diamond studs
    5 Diamond Misconceptions: Part 1
    5 Diamond Misconceptions: Part 1
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.