Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

I couldn't resist... rose cut diamond brooch

Roselina

Shiny_Rock
Well - I guess another trove due to being locked up and having a bit more time at hand to go hunting (with no intention to buy, but what do I say). I was recently trying to post this piece here to share but could not get the pictures up properly. I still couldn't figure out what was wrong.
Well - I did end up buying it. I thought it to be a real treasure. It's stamped 750 white gold, with initials HP or IP (?). And it sparkles like crazy. The pear is about 9 x 6 mm. The round middle stone has a chip, but otherwise seems fine. I'm not so sure about it being truly antique. The pin looks newer. Well, just wanted to share :)
Also a back sight of the pear setting, which I think looks interesting. IMG_7975.jpeg 5.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, nice! :))

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Oh when I opened the page the picture was only partway on the screen and I didn't realize. When you are talking about the pear I'm looking and looking but don't see a pear in that brooch. Then I scroll down and yowzer there it is!!!
It's very lovely. More pics please!!

Roselina

Shiny_Rock
I will try to get some more pictures tomorrow :). It‘s getting late over here. Good night!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOHOOOO what a beauty!

Roselina

Shiny_Rock
So I tried to get more pictures! The body colour of the pear seems brownish. I can‘t believe I snatched that. It looked nice in the pictures, but not overly nice but I thought I could give it a try for that price... I still wonder when it was made. The back looks newer, the diamonds are real, so far I could check. Comment of DH: again?!
EE8DC53B-2967-4EF9-8A23-44535D82FA37.jpeg 6399985C-47F5-4B83-8F29-099FC55A9309.jpeg CF769A78-055C-4D16-B2B2-4EBBF341181E.jpeg FE7C8E3E-BB48-43EA-8E2B-CC0305FED081.jpeg 6840E12A-D4A9-45F2-8689-0F6F669CEEA3.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s such a pretty, feminine piece and those stones look substantial! I’d call this a job well done :appl:

How do you wear your brooches? Or do you have plans to convert this?

Roselina

Shiny_Rock
That’s such a pretty, feminine piece and those stones look substantial! I’d call this a job well done :appl:

How do you wear your brooches? Or do you have plans to convert this?
I‘m not so sure yet. I always wanted a pear pendant in rose gold. But I also like to wear brooches attached to my dearly loved Scottish wool cape. so far I wore costume jewellery brooches with it. Maybe turn the pear into a pendant and keep the rest as a brooch. I have time - the jeweller has closed until further notice...

Roselina

Shiny_Rock
What a great find! I love it! Wear that beauty around the house like the princess you are :lol: Enjoy!
I wish! https://www.pricescope.com/community/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/icon_lol.
What a great find! I love it! Wear that beauty around the house like the princess you are :lol: Enjoy!
:lol-2: Ha ha, I wish! But I do find myself wearing pieces around the house now that sat in the box for a long time. In my usual very busy life I just throw on my every-days in the morning before running out without giving much thought to what to wear.

Slick1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Roselina I, too, have been rocking my lesser-worn pieces during isolation. Why not feel a little luxurious during these times?

LisaRN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy smokes that is gorgeous! :kiss2:

Roselina

Shiny_Rock
B0F372E3-8016-4182-A406-B2A5229472FD.jpeg B054D66C-B305-4237-9AE5-A14467074437.jpeg

I had the pear set as pendant together with a topaz and zircon in rose gold. There was a foil in the initial setting. The stone turned out very white. Now the back is rose gold to get a similar effect. The rest of the brooch is still intact. Since the rose cut is cut very flat, it has little carat weight but looks bigger.

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty brooch! And glamorous!

I would love a brooch like this so that I could wear it with my V-neck dresses in the middle.

It would work very well with heart-shaped neckline too!

Thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Glorious Green Diamond Ring
    Glorious Green Diamond Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.