shape
carat
color
clarity

I- color set in platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thirdcoast

Rough_Rock
Will this be a porblem if the diamond is well cut? I read threads about needing flour to enhance the color at these levels. Looking at this diamond vs. an E (loose) can be hard to tell a difference, but I just wanted to get some opinions.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Thirdcoast

Check out this link

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a thread full of J color diamonds set in plat:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/j-color-stones-in-platinum.24731/
1.gif

Cut is the key!!
2.gif

dtexan

Rough_Rock
I don''t think it''s a problem. My stone is an I color and if it''s well cut then you really won''t notice too much of the yellow.

thirdcoast

Rough_Rock
Yikes!
"too much yellow?"
I was hoping you would not notice any if the stone was cut properly.

dtexan

Rough_Rock
Okay let me re-state that. You will notice very little yellow :) It''s noticeabble if you look for it. In some lighting more than others. But when it''s well cut a lot of inclusions and color are well hidden. You''ll see lots of sparkle and rainbows. If you like everything else about the stone then it should be fine unless you are super sensitive to color and would not be happy unless it''s completely colorless but if you can stand a weeeee bit of color, then go for it! My stone is set in platinum and it looks fine to me and people keep commenting how "white" it looks. I''m telling you most people in the "real" world don''t notice a whole lot except sparkle and size. Good Luck!
1.gif

thirdcoast

Rough_Rock
That''s what I want to hear. Thanks
1.gif

Grading these diamonds can be addicting and I want it to be the right one.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
There have been numerous posts on this topic but it really comes down to your personal preference and color sensitivity. Some people like warmer colors, others don''t see the difference between and I or even a J and a higher color. Personally, i find that H is the limit for me (in ideal cuts) but it may be a different color for you. You should go and look and see what you think.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
If the diamond is truely an I and is cut well cut or ideal I don''t think you will have any problem with an I set in platinum. My I color diamond is set in platinum and there is no yellow! Good luck!

solange

Brilliant_Rock
My I color stone is set in platinum and it looks fine. It has excellent proportions and gives off so many flashes of color and i see no yellow. The important thing is the cut if you are buying an I stone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to chime in and say that while we use the term ''yellow'' on here alot, that is really NOT what you are going to see in a lower colored stone like an I or a J.

When someone says yellow, I think of yellow like PEE. Not the best visual, but pretty darn yellow especially if you aren''t getting your 8 glasses of water a day!
9.gif

The diamonds I have seen that are around I or J don''t exhibit ANY sort of bright yellow color, but more from the side you can see a slight tinge of more what I could call an ''off white'' or a ''cream''. Granted my stone is an H and that thing looks like a binding white monster to me...I can''t even focus to find any cream or anything....but I think it does depend on eyes too.

Look at the images in those threads that people posted and look at the side views really. That is where you will see anything, and it looks tinged cream to me rather than any sort of sunlight color.

So I just wanted to say...don''t be afraid of the yellow terminology. The only time I see anything other than ''off white'' in something like my I colored earrings is when I place them against a white piece of paper and shine the yellow spotlight on them. That is not normal wear and that will not be normal wear in a setting.

No worries! Good luck.

zoobiedo

Shiny_Rock
Mara''s points about I color are well said. I have a J colored stone that is a fancy cut and for the life of me I can''t see any "yellow" color from the side or the top. Since the stones are graded upside down, if my stone were taken out of the setting and put on a piece of white paper upside down then, yes, you will see "yellow" but otherwise no. Even the appraiser could not see any color until he put it next to his grading stones - he was surprised it turned up J. The cut is important - great cut can hide a lot of things.

thirdcoast

Rough_Rock
Well, This thing is in the process of being made/Set. Hope the cut makes up for any imperfections on color (which I did not see). I''m pretty sure the price of the diamond was fair as well, so we will see how it looks.
----------------------
Price: $11,200.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.79
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.2
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.6
Crown %: 15.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Medium Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its my stone!!
9.gif

Let me just tell you that aljdewey, who sometimes functions as my diamond spotting eyes, emailed me the day that this stone came out on the WF site and said something along the lines of ''doesn''t this look good!''. Yes it did!!!!

Unfortunately it''s out of my price range as of just yet...so I had to pass but I definitely drooled over it a few more days before letting the dream go.

So enjoy the stone, and I hope it''s everything you dreamed of...what setting did you choose for it? I''m sure it will be fabulous!

Please post the final prodcut in the ''I Stones in Platinum'' thread in the FAQ or request for Leonid to do it.

Good luck!

thirdcoast

Rough_Rock
Great. I''ll be able to do it in the next week or so. What a process
41.gif
Before PS, I had no idea that diamonds were so complicated. It was great to find this site as everyone has been extremely helpful. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results