shape
carat
color
clarity

"I" Color in a princess stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, I was just wondering what all of you think of I color in a princess stone? I believe I read somewhere that colors show up easier in princesses than in rounds... is this true? Do you think an I would look yellowish in a princess? What about an H? Thanks in advance for your advice!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
A princess (and any other fancy shape) will show more color than a round. I don't think an H or I will look 'yellowish.' But I also wouldn't describe it as icy white. I believe an H will face up just fine for most people. Remember, an excellent cut helps to mask color in a diamond because the sparkle is more obvious. Try to see some princesses in different color ranges to see how you feel about it. Color is very personal and everyone sees things differently.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
as jazmine said, it depends on the cut. a well cut stone will sparkle so much that you won''t notice the color as much as you would with a poorly cut stone that you can ''see through''. a good friend of mine has a ''j'' colored AGS0 graded princess that is sooooo sparkly white. there is no ''yellow'' to it at all. focus on the cut.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I have an H/I princess and it only looks less white when its up against a really white princess (E, F etc) in a jewelry store (where their stones are super clean & mine has dirt from the day on it).

I never see color in it from an everyday perspective.

HTH

Divergrrl

p.s. oh, there it is in my avatar...lol...duh. It's up against G melee in my pave. Hope that gives you a decent visual. :)

batinich

Rough_Rock
Help - I am trying to figure out how I can input the questions that I have for this forum - THANKS!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 11:04:45 AM
Author: batinich
Help - I am trying to figure out how I can input the questions that I have for this forum - THANKS!!
click the ''new topic'' button in the upper right corner of the forum that you want to post in.
2.gif

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone for the advice. When we visited our local jeweler and looked at diamonds they had every color princess to show us except for I of course. They did show us an I round but I kind of felt like it was comparing apples and oranges. I thought the H was very nice and I didn''t pick up any color in it but I am afraid to go down to I without seeing one first. As you all said though, a good cut will make a difference so I guess seeing one I diamond might not make that much of a difference in the long run. I really don''t want to go below an H but I have seen that I can get a much bigger or better in other areas diamond if I go down to an I. I just don''t want to stone to look obviously tinted and I don''t want it to clash with the diamonds in the setting which are G/H. I''m not sure, maybe I will try to see one in person just to get a general idea. Thanks for all your help!

p.s. There have been pictures on many online retailers sites that I have seen where the diamond looks obviously yellowish and it will be an F or a G, is this due to photography? Just like I have seen pictures where an I or even a J looks nice and white. I know nothing is like seeing a diamond with your own eyes but I figured a diamond retailer would try to get the most accurate pic possible. Anyone have any insight on that?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 2:09:57 PM
Author: candlelite80

p.s. There have been pictures on many online retailers sites that I have seen where the diamond looks obviously yellowish and it will be an F or a G, is this due to photography? Just like I have seen pictures where an I or even a J looks nice and white. I know nothing is like seeing a diamond with your own eyes but I figured a diamond retailer would try to get the most accurate pic possible. Anyone have any insight on that?
It is near impossible to truly discern real diamond color from a photograph - there are so many variables like the lighting, the color of the walls or things near the stone, how colors look on your computer monitor...my stone is a D and I have plenty of pictures where it looks downright yellowish, which is clearly not accurate. The best thing to do is see in person whenever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results