shape
carat
color
clarity

I chose my dress!

skye425

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I am a long time lurker, new poster. I chose my dress recently and wanted to share :)

I do not have pictures of me in it yet though. It is by Enzoani Couture, called "Evette".

larger_image.jpg

skye425

Rough_Rock
And here you can see it from the side, with the really pretty back. I really liked it because it looks just as pretty bustled (not seen in the picture).

Evette.jpg

skye425

Rough_Rock
Oh, and I would also like to mention that the model''s arms really freak me out. They look gross, how they get skinnier in the upper arm
32.gif

LesleyA34

Rough_Rock
I''m a new member myself but have browsed before! LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress- I''m sure you will look AMAZING in it - that model is creeeepppy- they always are for some reason

Anyways- I''m on the hunt for dresses myself and love that long bodice look! can''t wait to see pics of YOU in it!!

Congrats!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning dress! Somebody got photoshop happy - I''ve never seen somebody with a neck that long
32.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2010 10:45:15 PM
Author: skye425
Oh, and I would also like to mention that the model''s arms really freak me out. They look gross, how they get skinnier in the upper arm
32.gif
beautiful dress!!

and I agree, her upper arms look crazy skinny...scary

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous dress!! Can''t wait to see pictures of you in it!

And yes, someone totally went photoshop happy, how does one''s upper arm get thinner than the forearm!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty dress.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
That dress will be a show stopper, absolutely gorgeous! I love the bodice especially!

skye425

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies! I was stuck between that one and this one for a while. I really liked both, they are so different though. This one is very sweet and feminine. The one I chose is much more dramatic, fashion forward and eye catching. In the end I felt like the one I chose is much more to my personality, although I liked both.

classifiedsweddingbee.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2010 4:36:42 PM
Author: rhbgirl24
The dress is beautiful. The model is downright gross.
I agree.

Can''t wait to see pictures of you in the dress -- I''m sure it looks great on you.

Stick around and post some more
35.gif

It is great to have so many wonderful women helping each other on stuff.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty dress!! I can''t wait to see pictures of you in it!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Clearly someone went a little too heavy on the photoshopping, no ones elbows are wider than their upper arms. The model is not gross.

Date: 6/29/2010 7:05:41 AM
Author: hawaiianorangetree
Clearly someone went a little too heavy on the photoshopping, no ones elbows are wider than their upper arms. The model is not gross.

LOL I saw that too

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m wondering why everyone thinks it''s okay to say a skinny model is gross? If it were a plus size model and everyone slammed her for being fat I think there would be quite an uproar. She''s a model, of course she''s skinny-they all are. That doesn''t mean she''s gross. I think it''s gross that you all think it''s okay to say nasty things about another woman''s body.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 11:10:46 AM
Author: thing2of2
I''m wondering why everyone thinks it''s okay to say a skinny model is gross? If it were a plus size model and everyone slammed her for being fat I think there would be quite an uproar. She''s a model, of course she''s skinny-they all are. That doesn''t mean she''s gross. I think it''s gross that you all think it''s okay to say nasty things about another woman''s body.
I agree with T2O2.

Also, as HOT mentioned, it does seem like some photoshopping went on. However, if someone doesn''t have any fat or muscle on their upper arm then its quite possible that their elbow joint will look larger than other parts of her arm from certain angles. Heck, even just now I was looking in the mirror of my arms at certain angles and there are ways that they can be viewed where my elbow seems bigger than the area right beneath my shoulder. I wouldn''t consider myself "gross" for being that way.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
To me, the model is gross for another reason. I really don''t like the current trend of making models look like they have plastic skin and are extremely palid.... like putty. It''s being done across the fashion board and I really wish we''d get back to natural looking pictures vs.... plastic looking. I do think they went heavy on the photoshop on her arms.

the dress is stunning though! You gotta post pics of it on you!!!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 12:43:33 PM
Author: Clairitek

I'm wondering why everyone thinks it's okay to say a skinny model is gross? If it were a plus size model and everyone slammed her for being fat I think there would be quite an uproar. She's a model, of course she's skinny-they all are. That doesn't mean she's gross. I think it's gross that you all think it's okay to say nasty things about another woman's body.

I agree with T2O2.

Also, as HOT mentioned, it does seem like some photoshopping went on. However, if someone doesn't have any fat or muscle on their upper arm then its quite possible that their elbow joint will look larger than other parts of her arm from certain angles. Heck, even just now I was looking in the mirror of my arms at certain angles and there are ways that they can be viewed where my elbow seems bigger than the area right beneath my shoulder. I wouldn't consider myself 'gross' for being that way.

Ditto this. I'm sure I have pictures of myself at my own wedding where my arms look like this. Upper arms tend to go in above the elbow and below the deltoid muscle. Or maybe my arms do that because I'm gross.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
The dress is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

I agree with T2O2.

Also, as HOT mentioned, it does seem like some photoshopping went on. However, if someone doesn''t have any fat or muscle on their upper arm then its quite possible that their elbow joint will look larger than other parts of her arm from certain angles. Heck, even just now I was looking in the mirror of my arms at certain angles and there are ways that they can be viewed where my elbow seems bigger than the area right beneath my shoulder. I wouldn''t consider myself ''gross'' for being that way.
Exactly what thing said.

Claritek, I hope my post didn''t offend you, i was just trying to defend the model.
35.gif

It''s really not fair to call someone ''gross'' who has no way of defending themselves here. How would you like it if someone called you gross because of how you looked?

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
I actually thought this was a mannequin at first. I won't say she's gross. In reality, the shadows on her arms make them look smaller than they actually are. If you try to look at it and include the area in shadow, they look more normal. However, I do believe this image has been altered. If you look at her left elbow in the first photo, you will see some white behind it where there should not be any white. The only thing behind her left elbow is a gray wall. There is nothing to create a white border in that area. Rather than saying the model or photo is gross, I think I'd say the graphics person and lighting left a bit to be desired.

Skye, congrats on finding your dress. I'm sure you'll look just lovely in it.

Treefrog

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 1:22:42 PM
Author: dragonfly411
To me, the model is gross for another reason. I really don''t like the current trend of making models look like they have plastic skin and are extremely palid.... like putty. It''s being done across the fashion board and I really wish we''d get back to natural looking pictures vs.... plastic looking. I do think they went heavy on the photoshop on her arms.

the dress is stunning though! You gotta post pics of it on you!!!!!!

I agree

Along with the grossness of an industry that portrays beauty as something that is unattainable for most.
And pushigng young models into contracts where if they gain 5 lbs they will be fired, perpetrating drug use, belimia and anorexia.
And over photoshopping and airbrushing which assists in skewing youg girls brains and self image.
This is reality in our society.

I don''t think anyone is debating women in general - plus sized or thin - but more of a comment on the industry and its affect on society.

PS - I LOVE the dress too! SOOOO coture!

skye425

Rough_Rock
Oh man, I didn''t mean to offend anyone. But I do feel the need to defend my comment. I was only saying what everyone else would think when they see this picture. Whether it be photoshopping or the model, it doesn''t look healthy. The same as if someone posted a picture of a 300+ woman, it doesn''t look healthy. Perhaps "gross" was the wrong word to use, it''s just slang that is thrown around- similar to "gay". But you cannot argue that the model in the picture doesn''t look healthy, and that is unfortunate for her and all the young girls that look at her and aspire to be her. It works at both extremes.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
It''s GORGEOUS!!! Please please please post pics of you in it when you get them....I think the dresses always look better IRL than on those skinny armed models
2.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 7:40:18 PM
Author: hawaiianorangetree

I agree with T2O2.

Also, as HOT mentioned, it does seem like some photoshopping went on. However, if someone doesn''t have any fat or muscle on their upper arm then its quite possible that their elbow joint will look larger than other parts of her arm from certain angles. Heck, even just now I was looking in the mirror of my arms at certain angles and there are ways that they can be viewed where my elbow seems bigger than the area right beneath my shoulder. I wouldn''t consider myself ''gross'' for being that way.
Exactly what thing said.
Claritek, I hope my post didn''t offend you, i was just trying to defend the model.
35.gif

It''s really not fair to call someone ''gross'' who has no way of defending themselves here. How would you like it if someone called you gross because of how you looked?
Oh, no! Not at all HOT!
35.gif
I agree with you that the photo is probably altered.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Skye, I forgot to mention before that I think your gown is gorgeous! Sorry about that. I look forward to seeing it on you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results