shape
carat
color
clarity

I can't seem to stop - 1920's emerald and diamond ring

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My mad crush on yellow gold continues. I'm thinking it might be getting pretty serious. I'm thinking of popping the question. I wasn't supposed to be spending any more money, but I fell in love. And you know we can't stop ourselves from doing silly things when we're in love.

I bought this beauty on ebay. Here's the link to the auction. I didn't pay the price listed. I've learned not to do that anymore ;-) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=190645735477&nma=true&rt=nc&si=sIs0SDCB%252BPQPgerP0HrYzRoU51E%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_4939wt_1165

The emeralds are an amazing blue green and they glow even in low light.

430647_10150604694348165_615598164_9262559_956743826_n.jpg

431523_10150604692018165_615598164_9262552_1899606451_n.jpg

IMG_5873.JPG

IMG_5876.JPG

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
and you know me - I can't stop at just 4 pics

IMG_5878.JPG

IMG_5879.JPG

IMG_5881.JPG

IMG_5885.JPG

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And for some reason I can't ever have an even number of pictures.

IMG_5886.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I hope your new relationship lasts a lifetime! And I guess the proposal went well, since you are sporting a ring!! Wishing you both much happiness together... :D

Beautiful stones and I love the setting gallery - wow - wonderful scroll work!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty ring and in excellent condition. Have all the stones been verified to be what they are claimed to be? I am unfamiliar with the vendor, which is why I am asking.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will get them verified just for my own peace of mind. For now at least I'm 100% sure on the diamonds. I'll probably run by SN Queen to have them take a look too. I know it wouldn't tell me about treatments, ut it would relax me a little. But damn, the setting is just so amazing and so are the diamonds that in a way I don't mind about treatments (so NOT ps'er of me)

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
I love that YG is coming back. I have always liked it, and everything (almost) that I have is YG, but for a while I always felt like no one wore it except me. Excited it seems to be coming back in style.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
That is just so pretty, the color on those stones is lovely!! And I love the setting - what a great find!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kitten35|1331004299|3141535 said:
I love that YG is coming back. I have always liked it, and everything (almost) that I have is YG, but for a while I always felt like no one wore it except me. Excited it seems to be coming back in style.
Heh, not sure it's coming back just yet, but let's you and I pioneer its comeback!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful piece!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, beautiful pictures...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you for having the courage of your convictions (not too hard when you're in love). I wish I had the courage to go for antique rings like that! Beautiful.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's really stunning! Great find.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's SO pretty, Athena! Great color, however they got it & I ADORE the gallery work. Claps for you for pulling the trigger.

--- Laurie

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I love it, especially the gallery. Good find!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty! The scroll work is gorgeous!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really really love it too. Except the yellow gold. HA! I would dip that sucker so fast .... However, I do see that it looks lovely in yellow gold ON YOU. So CONGRATS!!!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
I love the colors and contrasts. And, the scrollwork is gorgeous, too.

I'm a yellow gold fan, but I almost feel embarrassed to say so. I just don't like the way white metals look on me. I love the buttery color of yellow gold, though.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Lovely ring. I always like emeralds.

Annette

anythingorange

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! The emeralds are such a pretty green!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gut feeling but I think that ring would originally have held 5 diamonds. Look at the prongs - the ring wasn't made for emerald cuts.

I would definitely get all of the stones checked out (especially the Emeralds). I think ALL of the stones have been put in that setting at a later date and they may not be original to the ring (although the sides might be). Look at the centre diamond, can you see that it is too big for the setting and the middle top claw is missing? That suggests to me that they couldn't get the diamond in the setting with the claw in place. Similarly, the claws suggest that all of the stones in the ring would have been round (or roval) and that makes me worry a little about the Emeralds. Whilst the diamonds have the cut of the period, the Emeralds have good crystal and colour and that makes me hesitate. Get those checked out as real emeralds and if they are real that'll be fabulous!

It's a gorgeous ring and I love that Victorian style. Nice buy Mrs!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's funny that you mention the center stone - I noticed that it sticks out a bit too, but didn't notice the claw is missing. It doesn't sound loose in the setting but I will get it checked just for safety. But one thing I thought was cool (and noticed last night) was that the undercarriage (is that the right word?) matches the shape of the stones above. I don't know what that would mean but it's neat looking.

IMG_9113.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Many great compliments have already been paid, and I'll add my voice to them -- beautiful ring! And the gallery -- :love:

usnwife

Rough_Rock
Wow- that is really pretty. I love it.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! I like the antique cut center diamond and the color of the emeralds. Very nice.

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Athena, love the new addition... the diamonds really pop alongside the bright green of those emeralds! The setting itself if fabulous, too. Very pretty scrollwork. :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I decided to try to pair it with my great-grandma's wedding band. Even though the colors don't match the sizes do. I kinda like it!

And then of course I got one yesterday in the sun glow. Lubs it.

2rings.jpg

sun.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love when you get something new, because your enthusiasm is contagious! You always make me want to run out and buy shiny things!

Even more than your enthusiasm though, I love the fact that we can always count on you to take great photos that overflow with your excitement. Thank you for posting your new love interest in new and different circumstances (here he is just waking up, here he is in the sun, here he is upside down - isn't he cute? He sure is :bigsmile: )...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find! :appl:

It's a lovely piece with the alternating stones and scrollwork.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1331141389|3142989 said:
I love when you get something new, because your enthusiasm is contagious! You always make me want to run out and buy shiny things!

Even more than your enthusiasm though, I love the fact that we can always count on you to take great photos that overflow with your excitement. Thank you for posting your new love interest in new and different circumstances (here he is just waking up, here he is in the sun, here he is upside down - isn't he cute? He sure is :bigsmile: )...

LOL!! You basically just described me in life. When I'm excited about something (or mad, or sad or scared, etc.) EVERYBODY knows!!!!!! I call myself the mood barometer at work. It's taken me 35 years to accept this about myself and now I just frigging embrace it! :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results