carat
color
clarity

I can't be a Toys R Us kid no more :{

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Toys R Us is no more.
Not that I have been in one of their stores in 35+ years.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sad. I haven't been in years, but remember being in awe of so many toys. (I had to have been 6 or so...)

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They never had a store near me. I did order cheap diapers to be shipped to me once if I remember. Last time I went in a store they were not competetive price wise with walmart or target.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be interesting to see what happens to the stores here in Australia, I think they are actually profitable here and they are claiming despite going bankrupt in the US it's business as usual here....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/14/business/toy-r-us-closing.html

snippet
For many analysts, Toys “R” Us was a textbook example of disruption by internet retailers — a giant that once appeared invincible, but whose advantage disappeared as consumers went online for wider selections, lower prices and the ease of buying with a click.

Like many others before it and more to follow most likely the internet and online shopping is a double edged sword. Advantages galore offering convenience and efficiency. Plus very cost effective but it kills many of the brick and mortar stores we all love. Remember those mom and pop bookstores? We used to have them all around and now I think we have a total of 2 in our neighborhood and who knows how much longer they can hold on and survive. Yup. Brave new world with its new normal. Kids texting with friends vs talking face to face (sometimes it feels like the art of conversation is lost), everything happening online (haha look where we are the irony doesn't escape me) and shopping from the comfort of one's home without ever leaving the couch and so on and so forth. Lots of pluses but lots of negatives too. There is a different type of kid/young adult out there now thanks to all our technology. Is it better? Is it worse? Or is it just different?

OK getting off my soapbox now.

geoffreygiraffe.jpg
1237393zp18x6fdqm.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our local store has no indications of closing. Nothing is on sale, and no banners like I have seen in photos of other stores.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son just turned 11 the end of February and he received a $50 gift card to TRU. It's a good thing he spent it because they aren't accepting them anymore :twisted2:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are closing in the UK.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Truly suck-ness.
We have little guys and they'll be devastated.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh darn.. bought many diapers there in the late 80s early 90s... oh well, change is good I guess :(

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Most of those stores are huge. I wonder what can take their place in the shopping centers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results