shape
carat
color
clarity

I Can;t Stop EATING!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Do you ever get those days, weeks, or times where you just can''t stop eating junk even though you don''t normally do so?
I have been having that kind of week and I am afraid it will turn into a month. Grrrrrrrrrrr, maybe it''s because I am back at the office after being free from the rat race for a whole three weeks after my daughter''s wedding.

I was fine while I was out of work, but since I have gone back, not so much. Maybe it''s emotional...and I am eating to avoid dealing with the fact that I no longer like working for this company. The regime has changed and I just don''t feel like busting my bum to help the bottom line of a company who''s executives couldn''t care less about the people who do so nor can I muster up the energy to work for people that I don''t respect, even though there are a few people that I work with who I adore.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.........

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heck yea Janice, I eat if I am happy or sad, tee hee.

I am sorry you don''t like your job. Are you able to find another one that you will like better?

Linda

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure that I want to do this job anymore anywhere. I like what I do because the results are tangible and measurable. I like my ability to set goals and make them. I like even more to feel that my efforts are appreciated and acknowlegded and to be part of a "team" or "family".

I have always had that with nearly every employer that I have ever worked with. I used to have that with this employer. But not anymore. So, I don''t know that it''s just the job, or if it''s the employer. It''s not a stress-free job, so the environment that I work in is crucial for me to maintain the level of performance I am used to providing. If it weren''t for the relationships I have built with the outside partners that I work with, I would definately feel no pain just walking right out the door.

I guess I am just supposed to be grateful to have a paycheck, but I am just not buying it right now. Perhaps it''s just that I am finally burning out after far too many years doing this type of work. I dunno. Maybe it''s the politics of the world and the politics of the office that are converging at the same time and I just can''t handle it. Political overload. I don''t want to go to the office to watch a game of survivor or oneupsmanship every day.

Oh well, Sunday will be the Charger Home Game opener and it will give me a little bit of stress-free fun (unless we lose horribly).

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
How long have you worked for this company Janice?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Since April of 2002.

I guess I am closing in on the 7 year itch.
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe that is it, ha ha ha. I always loved the people I worked with. I was at the same company, until I retired. That is what counts the most, that you like the people and your boss. I only had one other job until this last one.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I agree that one's relationship with their boss will make or break your ability to be happy in your job. And therein lies my challenge.
14.gif
I can't go into it, because I am sure I would be discovered. It's just pointless....as many are fond of saying..."It is what it is".

Thank gawd I could never be fullfilled on the job knowing that my staff doesn't feel a great deal of respect for me as their boss. That can be just as miserable. I think the respect of your staff should be a primary goal. Apparently not everyone feels that way.
14.gif

I hope I can get some sleep tonight. I haven't really been sleeping well either. Getting up in the morning used to be the easiest thing to do. Now, I can brely drag my self out of bed with a team of mules....Ugh.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw honey, I feel so sorry for you. There is nothing worse then having a job, you just do not want to get up for.

I was never a boss, I was an Executive Secretary for a well known car name.
9.gif
. I worked at the zone office. I loved it. I also loved my co-workers. We used to attend seminars, dinners, etc. It was so much fun. those were the good old days. HA!!!

If and when the time comes, this job is making you feel depressed and sick, this is the time to leave. I know it is hard being the way the economy is, but no job should make you feel this way. This is just my opinion though.

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
I hear ya miraclesrule. I still think that you should work with kids. That is my personal opinion. I have seen the way your face lights up when you are around them. I never see that happen when we are at work (probably because I can''t see over the millions of papers on my desk)
6.gif
. I guess that is the idealist counselor in me. I think that everyone should be happy in their job and get some kind of joy out of it.

Hopefully you will find some happy medium and it will balance your life and your eating habits.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results