Clarity: Eye Clean
Cut: Custom
Origin: Nigeria
Price : $SOLD!
Treatment: None

6972DEE0-CBC2-4164-A5F8-1DC2C3E67441.jpeg

C58FC35D-1932-4BA0-85B3-ECEC6EF68133.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I’m going to make them stud earrings.

I also love the others I have but they are 5.5mm and I wear them with the jackets

I was just about to type that these would make a blinding pair of studs! OMG!! :sun:

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Since we are discussing aquas, I have a question about them. I don’t own any and I’m curious how they compare to a pale sapphire or a blue zircon. Is the color better and how is the sparkle? Is there an advantage to aquas such as a color you can’t get in other gems or durability. I know they are fairly affordable compare to sapphire at least. Thanks!

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
These are so beautiful! I can’t wait to see them set!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Since we are discussing aquas, I have a question about them. I don’t own any and I’m curious how they compare to a pale sapphire or a blue zircon. Is the color better and how is the sparkle? Is there an advantage to aquas such as a color you can’t get in other gems or durability. I know they are fairly affordable compare to sapphire at least. Thanks!

Size for one. I just got a 12 ct aquamarine and for that price maybe only a smallish 1 to 2 ct sapphire? Zircon and sapphire should have better color (ie darker blue) typically. There are some darker blue aquamarines (Santa Maria color) but those are very pricey (can be as much as sapphires).

I also have a beryl (unheated aqua?). Very pretty color imo.

Refractive index for aqua is 1.57/8 vs 1.76/7 for sapphire vs 1.9 for zircons (2.4 for diamond) so it’s not as sparkly as sapphire or zircon.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They will make gorgeous earrings!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The color is so pretty!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Help me out ladies— I’m about to send off for mounting.

4 prong baskets? La pousette (sp?) backs. Single or double claw prongs?
@yssie @Mrs B @diamondseeker2006 @kgizo

tagged a few people

thanks!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh. Just seeing this thread. How pretty are those!? ❤️

I vote four double prongs!! And regular ol’ jumbo backs unless you’re partial to the la pousettes - the jumbo backs have bigger pads. They’ll be stunning!!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pretty!!! :kiss2: Double claw prongs would look lovely!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! They are a good size and have potential to droop so jumbo or la pousette are a good idea. They would look pretty with single or double claw prongs. If you think there may be a possibility of adding a halo jacket in the future might ask DK about that now so you have that option.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry I just saw this and can’t really answer because I have never seen a spinel in person.

I go for medium blue aquamarine because I think the color is so dreamy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are so pretty! I'd do low set 4 prong baskets. You can probably get those stock and not custom, although the double prongs would be nice, too. I just personally wouldn't do custom made settings. I hate La Pousette backs, so I'd for sure do the large regular backs. I just bought an EC aqua to make a ring for my daughter! I love aquamarine, too!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone.

yes, I really didn’t need to go custom, but my life is bonkers right now and the quickest and easiest thing for me was to send to David Klass, so they are in his hands now!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone.

yes, I really didn’t need to go custom, but my life is bonkers right now and the quickest and easiest thing for me was to send to David Klass, so they are in his hands now!

@whitewave They are going to be gorgeous on your ears. I have to say that he makes gorgeous earrings but I don’t like the large push backs that he provides. He made me beautiful halo studs but the backs were not great. I ordered jumbo white gold backs from Amazon.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave They are going to be gorgeous on your ears. I have to say that he makes gorgeous earrings but I don’t like the large push backs that he provides. He made me beautiful halo studs but the backs were not great. I ordered jumbo white gold backs from Amazon.

Thanks. I requested double claw and jumbo backs from him. I’ll order the ones you did if I don’t like the backs he sends me. Thanks for the heads up.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I'm late as always...
Are they a match to that fabulous ring you have? I can't wait to see them finished!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty icy blue!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I requested double claw and jumbo backs from him. I’ll order the ones you did if I don’t like the backs he sends me. Thanks for the heads up.

His claws are amazing….

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results