shape
carat
color
clarity

I am so FRUSTRATED with Blue Nile

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you saw my other post I am upgrading a Blue Nile stone. I asked for two images (shown in my other post). I just didn't like he looks of the one that was in my budget, and decided that the other stone was more than I wanted to spend, so I released my hold on those two stones and requested images and a hold on two other stones and here is the response I got:

'll try to get images for the other two you requested. We will not hold them for more than 48 hours. And we can only get one image per diamond at this point as our vault managers are very busy and we have already gone well past the amount of requests allowed.

I requested two images, that's it! How could that possibly be "well past the amount of requests allowed?" Do people not request images on two diamonds and then sometimes need more? I hate this customer service, and I won't ever use blue Nile again. Kind of bummed that I have spent so much money with them. I asked for clarification on the policy of this being well past the allowed requests. I am going to look into other options of trading this diamond in, because I hate to give them more money.

I'm sure I am overreacting but this is a big purchase and I'm pretty sure that was a rude response from them. Any thoughts on how to get a good diamond from them without seeing anything, or how to do this upgrade somewhere else? I really don't understand being rude to a customer.

lizzardxoxo

Rough_Rock
Wow - that doesn't right! Sorry you had such a bad experience. I'm in the process of a BN upgrade and have considered 5-6 stones and have requested a pic each time without a problem. I would request a new diamond advisor.

Good luck

po720

Rough_Rock
Geargirly, did you get that response via an email request or over the phone?? I've been calling/requesting visuals for over a dozen different stones over the past few weeks and can assure you 2 is not too many to request, you probably got a fluke representative. Try calling again tonight and I can give you the name of any of the reps that have been helping me if you'd like??

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, I've been emailing so maybe that's different. I am curious what the response will be since I asked for clarification on the policy. I've bought a number of things from them and it seems like they think that is a hassle and not a good thing? I've never returned anything or otherwise caused any issues but on each of my purchases I have requested a picture. Actually, I did upgrade the setting on this ring so I guess that is like a return but I exchanged it within a few days for a much more expensive setting!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no I'm sorry to hear that and I'd be furious too :angryfire: I agree with everyone above me...call again and speak with someone else. If they say that again, tell them you were not advised of that policy when you first started the upgrade and asked for the first 2 images. If they still push back, ask to speak with a manager. It's your money and you're trying to spend it with them. Tell them that...and if they can't wrap their heads around it, you know you have Yekutiel as an option! :snooty:

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the support! No word yet from Blue Nile responding to my request for clarification. I am hoping I can maybe work with IDJ instead! I also have the stone I've had on layaway with Grace almost paid off for my right hand ring, and a gorgeous setting from Heart of Water so I am going to focus on the beauty of that. I don't need to be doing these at the same time lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results