shape
carat
color
clarity

Hydrothermal emerald pear with lab diamonds from StarsGem

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been wanting to try StarsGem's hydrothermal emerald for a while ever since I saw this on SG’s IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpEUyFyBfDW/

My favorite color is green and I’ve been wanting a pretty pear cut halo, so I decided to go for it. I’m particular about the “green”, but I thought theirs looked amazing.

I didn’t want the main stone to be too big because I know the halo will give me a decent finger converage already. I decided to go with 6x9mm pear cut. I wanted the pear more elongated than fat. I also asked for the stone to have light inclusions so it looks more realistic. I also decided to try out their lab diamond side stones. I wanted the halo to have more of a “floral” look to it, but I know it’s hard to do unless I go bigger on the side stones. I didn’t want to risk going bigger on the side stones and spent more money on the lab diamonds before I could see what they look like in real life. I settled for 1.4mm for the halo and 1.6mm for the pave band.

When I saw the completed finished I was a little weary of the halo. I gave them the benefit of the doubt that maybe it was just the angle of the video and I told Cherry to send it. I’ve worked with Chery long enough that I would hope she wouldn’t send me a bad ring. So I was really nervous waiting for it to get here. I’m happy to saw I love the ring ^_^ It looks great in real life.

I could tell right away their diamond side stones are not moissanites (so they didn’t trick me, lol, not that I thought they would). It’s bright and clear and sparkly. I think they sparkle more than the moissanite side stones.

The emerald is PERFECT! I love the green of it. I also adore the inclusions on them. They give the stone more depth and a more realistic look. It has more of a glow than sparkles. The halo definitely compliments it well. A lot of lab emeralds look kind of plastic and fake, so I think they did a great job with this.

However, it’s really really hard to capture the color of the green. I keep getting different shade of green through my camera. In real life it’s a beautiful jade/emerald green color. Not to bright and not too dark.

Here are the pics of the emerald Cherry sent me earlier in the process. My emerald’s color looks very very similar to this picture. Just imagine it without all the fancy bright color.

emeralds.jpg

My inspiration pictures:
4-top view.jpg 1-side view.jpg

My final CAD:
2 Revised drawing.png

And here are the pics.

The first picture shows the emerald really dark. The lighting was pretty bad. The emerald didn’t go that dark, but the camera has a hard time picking up its color. Notice how bright and shiny the lab diamonds are still are.
MVIMG_20190429_123435.jpg

More pics of the emerald (none of these are the accurate representation of the “green” color in real life).
IMG_20190429_123945.jpg IMG_20190429_154338.jpg IMG_20190429_164439.jpg IMG_20190429_164450.jpg

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I’ll say the true green color that I'm seeing in person is a mixed of color combination between these 2 pictures.

emerald.png
green.jpg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I’ll say the true green color that I'm seeing in person is a mixed of color combination between these 2 pictures.

emerald.png
green.jpg
Well you already know what I think about it....LOL! And now I want one!

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Well you already know what I think about it....LOL! And now I want one!

Haha, I still need to do a video of it. It's been busy couple of days so all I've gotten are pics. I know I'll definitely only be doing lab diamonds side stones from now on instead of moissanite side stones.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Argh, all these emeralds! My favorite color is green, too, and it's my birthstone. :love: That green is so amazing!

Now I'm half tempted to contact Demi from Starsgem and make me a setting using their emeralds... :oops:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Also, thanks for reviewing their lab diamonds. I'm hoping that in time Starsgem develops larger lab diamonds and offer more color grades and cuts. I refuse to buy from Lightbox/DeBeers.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve wanted an emerald ring forever and have been really curious about hydrothermal ones as they match my budget. Something else for the wish list!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring!

Misscaliente08

Rough_Rock
Oh em geeee I want one :cry2: that is spectacular!!! Do you mind sharing the price?

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I know this is an older thread, but do you have any tips on getting a good stone with only minor inclusions? Should I ask to choose? I know some on Reddit requested that but didn’t get to after all. Wondering how to convey what I’m looking for. I’m getting an Asscher, and the one they have on their Alibaba site is pretty included looking.

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
I think you might have asked on my thread on Reddit. I just asked for slight inclusions. I was shown the stone beforehand. My oval emerald has a few inclusions but not much.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I think you might have asked on my thread on Reddit. I just asked for slight inclusions. I was shown the stone beforehand. My oval emerald has a few inclusions but not much.
Yeah, thank you, that was me. Just covering all my bases, lol. I appreciate the tip!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results