shape
carat
color
clarity

husband suddenly has severe night sweats?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
For the past few months my husband has suddenly developed severe night sweats. He sweats through the sheets and pillow cases. In the morning his side of the bed is sopping wet. Also, the sweat has a very sweet scent to it, it doesn''t smell like sweat that someone would get after working out. He never used to have this issue. It worries me and I told him he must go to the doctor! Any ideas on why this could suddenly be happening?
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tell him to see his Doc, sooner than later.
2.gif

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
He definitely needs to go to the doctor ASAP. I did a quick search on google and there are several potentially serious health conditions related to this, including diabetes -- which could explain the sweet smell.

How old is your husband? If he is near his fifties he could be experiencing a drop in his male hormones which can cause a lot of the same symptoms that women get during menopause.

But, yes, definitely urge him to see the doc.

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
Hi, this sounds like a possible problem of his endocrine system/horomones. If he is having any painful sores or lumps it might need urgent attention. Do a full physical that checks his thyroid and blood sugar especially. Do look into seeing an endocrinologist if possible. Hyperthyroidism is one of many possible causes.

Just do the needful and get him to a good doctor who will run tests; don''t worry so much tho!

DOn''t rely on this forum of all places, and please don''t go to yahoo answers. Trust a doctor (or two).

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Def seek medical attention right away!! He may have diabetes or another endocrine problem, just to name a few. Some infections (viral) can cause similar symptoms. I wouldn''t waste time getting him to see someone. Good luck and keep us updated!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have him go see his doctor. Sweet smelling urine and sweat can be a sign of diabetes.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
He needs to see his doctor right away. I don''t mean to scare you (and I''m sure this is a rare and extreme case) but my ex-husband was having this problem. He also started losing weight rapidly. He kept putting off going to the doctor, but when I finally took him to the emergency room, he was dignosed with stage 3B Hodgkins'' lymphoma at age 27. They were able to get the cancer in remission, but the doctor said that if he had waited just a few more weeks he may have been beyond help.

It''s probably something far less serious in your husband, but it''s still important to get a symptom like this checked out ASAP.

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
go to the doc. sooner rather than later. and when i say sooner, i mean no later than a week at most. please. it''s prob my field of work but i get VERY nervous when someone tells me they have soaking night sweats.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
He made an appointment for Weds. I will keep you guys posted!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
My first thought was diabetes as well. I would suggest he see a dr. soon.

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Any update?

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I thought diabetes too. I hope he gets checked out.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2010 10:32:13 AM
Author: gingerB
go to the doc. sooner rather than later. and when i say sooner, i mean no later than a week at most. please. it's prob my field of work but i get VERY nervous when someone tells me they have soaking night sweats.
ditto!!! Endocrine, hematology, innumology.....

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking diabetes as well. My friend figured out he was diabetic because he would sweat (and I mean, picture Meatloaf kind of sweaty) after eating things like pasta.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
go to the doc. sooner rather than later. and when i say sooner, i mean no later than a week at most. please. it''s prob my field of work but i get VERY nervous when someone tells me they have soaking night sweats.

I was thinking along these same lines, myself. Hope your husband was able to get into the doctor asap, Person.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2010 5:19:21 PM
Author: canuk-gal

ditto!!! Endocrine, hematology, innumology.....
HI:

Sorry huge typo--I meant immunology (immune system)

cheers--Sharon

Person24

Shiny_Rock
No updates yet.

DH told me he made an appointment for Weds. when he really didn''t! He said I was nagging too much. So now he has a REAL appointment next week. . .

I will definitely let you guys know how it goes.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 9:00:12 PM
Author: Person24
No updates yet.

DH told me he made an appointment for Weds. when he really didn''t! He said I was nagging too much. So now he has a REAL appointment next week. . .

I will definitely let you guys know how it goes.
I think if possible you should go with him.
2.gif
Good luck!!!! Let us know how it goes.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh,

DH did consent to letting me come with him to the Dr. (which was suprising), but I have class at the time he has his appointment. I am going to send him with a note to give the doctor so that he tells the doctor everything I have been noticing (since I am the one who typically sees it because I always go to bed after him, and wake up after him with half of the bed wet!). :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results