shape
carat
color
clarity

Huggies question

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PSers

Is there a rule as to standard distance between the tip of the earlob and earring?

I have 12 stones around 1 ctw to make into earrings. Tried on a pair of squarish huggies but unsure about the design - there's approximately 4mm gap between my earlob and inner part of the earring if that makes sense? :confused:

thanks

DiamondBrokersofFlorida

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I don't know if there is any rule persay. How small of a huggie are you planning on wearing? It only tends to be a problem on very small huggies.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They can be any size you want. I recently tried three different sizes...five 15 point stones, five 10 point stones, and five 6 point stones per earring.

WFhoopscomparisonSML.jpg

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
@DiamondBrokersOfFlorida - they are 12 x 8-9 point stones

@diamondseeker2006 - thanks! Super useful images

I am beginning to think that it's not the 'gap' that I'm not sure about. It's probably the squarish look. I was trying to get a more modern and 'structured' look to go with my short hair but these ones don't look right to me. DH prefers oval. The jeweller thinks the squarish one is fab. What do you think?

IMAG1976-2.jpg

DiamondBrokersofFlorida

Shiny_Rock
Trade
They look nice, but if the shape bothers you then maybe you should try so more on. I love the inside out ones witha twist. Those are my all time favorites that I wear everyday. Very comfortable.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually think of huggies being round, but I have seen diamond hoops that are oval and cushion-square ones. I think any of those would be pretty, although if your stones are round, I would lean toward round or oval (princess or asschers I might try the square ones). But my advice is to not rely on the advice of the men because I find that YOUR taste is the only one that really matters when the jewelry is for YOU!

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
hi, the huggies are done. Went with the original squarish design. will be posting them on SMTB. Thank you for your input ;-)

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hijack the thread for a moment!

Diamondseeker - I think my next jewelry purchase will be Whiteflash huggies. When I visited WF, I tried on the 1.5ct ones. They are gorgeous!! In your comparison pictures it appears that there isn't really much difference between the 1ct and 1.5ct. Is this accurate? I'm wondering if the extra .5ct is worth the $1,000 price difference? I want something noticeable, but not over the top for everyday wear. I am a SAHM so I don't dress up often.

Thoughts??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
orbaya....that is a tough decision and I felt the same way. I liked both the 1 and 1.5 ct pairs and I am home most of the time dressed in jeans or capris and t-shirts! The 1 ct. pair is just fine for everyday. I liked them a lot. But the diamonds definitely are more substantial on the 1.5's. I mainly got them because I was afraid diamond prices would only keep going up and I didn't want to be sorry later. I might even wear the 1.0's more than the 1.5's. But I am still glad I got the 1.5's because they are kind of a step up from my studs. I still wear them casually, of course, but if I do dress up more to go somewhere, they are a little more blingy than the studs.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1340628948|3223204 said:
orbaya....that is a tough decision and I felt the same way. I liked both the 1 and 1.5 ct pairs and I am home most of the time dressed in jeans or capris and t-shirts! The 1 ct. pair is just fine for everyday. I liked them a lot. But the diamonds definitely are more substantial on the 1.5's. I mainly got them because I was afraid diamond prices would only keep going up and I didn't want to be sorry later. I might even wear the 1.0's more than the 1.5's. But I am still glad I got the 1.5's because they are kind of a step up from my studs. I still wear them casually, of course, but if I do dress up more to go somewhere, they are a little more blingy than the studs.

Thanks DS! I definitely should take Diamond Shrinkage into account, especially since the earrings can't be upgraded. I wish I could afford to buy the 1.5's now but I can't. If prices keep going up like they have been, I might be priced out of that size and be forced to go smaller. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results