shape
carat
color
clarity

HUGE thanks to all of you faithful PSers!! Ring Pics :)

WonderWoman

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for unknowingly helping me create my dream ring!!

I wanted a sapphire ring in a simple bezel setting. I had no clue what color sapphire I wanted but knew I wanted something as natural as possible. I ended up on the NSC website (before I found this site) and found myself drawn to the Montana sapphires. NSC sent me three stones that I liked for review and I ended up falling in love with one of them. They did offer me a 15% discount just for asking so I thought that was very nice.

I decided to keep the sapphire - looking back maybe I was just a little too impatient but I really did love the stone and now feel like the imperfectness kinda adds to it's charm. Plus my dad has stage 4 pancreatic cancer and the sapphire is the color of his eyes so I just couldn't let it go. I have my two boys names engraved inside with a heart in between and the sapphire itself is my husband's birthstone. Not to mention my cowboy fetish (Montana sapphire) and my love of God and the natural/untreated sapphire represents His glory and beauty so well. Oh and my ring was made by BGD in Texas and that is where I am from and my entire family lives (I'm the only one crazy enough to leave!!) So it is truly a very special ring for me :loopy:

After reading on here I was hesitant to have NSC set my stone so I kept it and starting reading the PS forum like crazy. I went on a hundred websites and fell head over heels for the Princess Z setting on BGD's website. I started talking to Katie and she was great. My stone is not precision cut and the outer edges were not perfectly symmetrical (not sure if that is the right word). The stone dimensions are: 1.33ct (6.43L x 6.16W x 4.30H). But when Katie said that she felt the setting would work for my sapphire I was SUPER excited but also EXTREMELY nervous but decided to go for it anyways!!!

I then had to decide on what metal to use. I was all over the place, originally wanting platinum and then thinking my stone looked good with yellow gold and even at one point considering unplated white gold. BUT as fate had it BGD had the setting in 18kt gold priced at $2150 and in platinum at $2450. When I asked Katie why there was such little mark up for the platinum she said it was an error and the platinum should have been priced at $2850 but offered to let me have the platinum at the $2450 price point!!!!! I thought that was really gracious and a deal I couldn't pass up especially since I had originally planned on a platinum setting.

The whole process took about 3.5 weeks and I'm totally in love :love:

So without further ado here are some pics, taken this morning with a cheapo camera...

dsc05488.jpg

dsc05493.jpg

dsc05501.jpg

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
It's lovely! Welcome to the montana club! (I love what you said about its imperfectness adding to its charm, totally the way I feel about mine).

The setting is really pretty - I'm not usually a bevel fan but the ring looks so "fluid" (I don';t know the right word, it's the best I can come up with!)

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful sapphire with such sentimental value for you. I love the setting too and it looks perfect for the saphhire.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like the whole project was just meant to be...everything working out like greased lightning. Congratulations! Montanas are an addiction!

--- Laurie

P.S. Best wishes to you and your dad. Been through that w/my mother. It's a tough one & thoughts & prayers are with you.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh that ring is spectacular!!! i love the chunky bezel and how everything just molds around the sapphire!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Wow such a sentimental ring. Love the ring and the story behind it. Wear in health and happiness

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have created a very beautiful ring, WonderWoman! it looks so comfortable that you could wear it 24/7! Fantastic setting and the montana sapphire is a beauty! I love the colour of it!!

Enjoy!

WonderWoman

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for all of your kind words :bigsmile:

The entire process was excruciating really trying to decide out all of the details. Trying to figure out if my sapphire has a window, if a bezel would darken it too much, which metal type to go with, etc... It's enough to drive a girl insane!! It is all very daunting and having the forums here to navigate really helped and gave me the courage to try an online vendor for the setting.

It also was so nice to read through all of the BGD threads during the 3.5 weeks I waited after I sent in my stone. I probably read most of them twice!! So I really am appreciative to anyone who ever asked a question, gave advice or posted a picture :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results