shape
carat
color
clarity

Hows this for a proposal idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AFMan916

Rough_Rock
Hi all-

First off, I want to thank all of you on here for the wealth of information you've made available. I've been a lurker for a while now, as I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend next year, either summer or around Christmas time. A little background info just because, who doesn't love background info?

My girlfriend and I started dating last May, after I returned home from my sophomore year of college for summer break. I had known her prior, as she had dated one of my friends about 2 years ago (avoid ANY comments on ex-friend's ex or anything like that...for another post ok? thanks). It's actually kind of funny...I was with my friend the very first night he hung out with her, as he was afraid to hang out with her alone. So the first time he saw her in person was the first time I saw her in person. I was supposed to be hanging out with this other girl, it was supposed to be a double date, but she got sick (or ditched me :razz:) so it was just the three of us. I can remember thinking, wow, she's beautiful, but I was a freshman in college at the time, my friend was going for her, and I was in no mood for a relationship, so thats all the farther it went, was me thinking she was very pretty. Fast forward 2 years or so later and there we were, happily together! :) We joke about it all the time, well not actually joke, because if I had never gone home with my friend from school that evening I never would have seen Sierra, and then, who knows?...All I can say is, from day one it has felt like NOTHING less than fate! :) I love her so much, we get along so well, and we honestly complement each other in just about everything, we're lovers, soul mates, and most importantly, best friends!

ANYWAY, sorry for that, but who doesn't love to share the story of how they met the love of their life?? Back when we first started dating, she stayed with me at my mom's house one evening just to chill and hang out. We ended up staying up until like 5 in the morning, just laying on my bed talking, and playing 20 Questions. At 6 we went outside and took a walk and watched the sun come up. :) Ever since, ANYTIME I ask her what her best memory is or we play 20 Questions (she LOVES to play it haha) and ask her what her best memory is, she ALWAYS, without hesitation, relives the night we spent just laying up all night talking and playing that game. All of this basically leads up to my proposal idea....

Even though the time is somehwat far away, I want to plan well in advance. So I would just like to get my idea out there and see what everyone thinks. I was thinking about going out to a wonderful restaurant (wouldn't be too out of the ordinary as we like to eat out often) and then telling her she can just stay at my mom's house. We would cuddle, watch a movie and whatnot and as the time came to go to bed, I would say something like, "remember two years ago when we laid in this very bed and played 20 Q's all night? That was so much fun, let's just relive that again." She wouldn't suspect a thing, as I am a very sweet guy and loooove to do romantic little things all the time. So we would lay there, talking and just playing 20 Q's, and at whatever time I deemed appropriate (aka when I worked up the testicular fortitude to ask) I would go into my speech about how much she meaned to me, how much I truly love her and want to spend the rest of my life with her, and finish out our game of 20 Q's with the ultimate question, Really Beautiful Girlfriend, will you marry me? Then I figured we could take another sunrise walk as we had two years ago. She's very sentimental, has voiced her opinion as how she would want to be proposed to in a romantic, private way, and while this isn't glamorous and flashy, it's very romantic and meaningful, and isn't that what's supposed to matter? You can't always remember what restaurant you went to, but I guarantee she could never forget being proposed to like that. So, thats just my idea, let me know what you guys think!! Thanks so much!!!

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
Sounds pretty cool.

btw the movie quote is from Monty python and the holy grail if im not mistaken...Love that movie.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AF I think it''s a wonderful idea for a proposal! It''s very unique to you as a couple and will make for a great story post-engagement and for years to come!
1.gif
Definitely much more personal and thoughtful than doing the dinner and a ring thing, ha ha!
9.gif
Best of luck to you! Congrats on the upcoming engagement--don''t forget to post pics!
30.gif
35.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
It does sound really sweet. One thing though, if she ever decides to google her own name, she might turn up your post!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Aw AF this proposal sounds perfect for you guys! Sounds like it is something she will always remember.....
1.gif

AFMan916

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the good comments guys! oh and zik, yeah, its Monty Python and the Holy Grail...kudos to you, didn''t think anyone would get it haha!
But I think it''s a really cool idea too....it''s not all flashy like I said, but it''s something that means a lot to both of us! And don''t worry, I''ll post pics as soon as I am ready to go through with the proposal...even though it may be a while! I made a few rings on BlueNile, I''ll post them on here to see what you guys think...we''ve already talked about it and she loves princess cut and nothing else and is in love with three stone rings too. I gave her a 3 stone princess cut promise ring before I left for the summer (I''m in Cali doing an internship with Toyota) just a small one (1/4 ct.) but she loves it and I''ve been showing her rings I''ve built on BlueNile to see if she likes anything other than three stone but it seems like thats what she absolutely loves. This is what I like about being young and knowing it will be a least a little while before I propose; I can ask her incredibly pointed questions about what she likes and stuff and she STILL won''t know exactly when its coming!!
3.gif
Once again thanks for all your help and comments guys, keep em coming!!

P.S. If she googles her name and finds this...well then kudos to her for being that ummm psycho?? haha

nowonder

Rough_Rock
I would edit your post, and remove her name (assuming that is her real name). People sometimes google their name (I know I do), and I would hate for your surprise to be spoiled by something like that.

--nw

AFMan916

Rough_Rock
Ok I fixed it. If she googles THAT and puts two and two together, well, she deserves to know
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results