shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you set a 1ct RB diamond, if money is no object?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
These 'what would you get if money were no object?' threads are fun, so here is a more specific one:

If you had a 1ct RB diamond, how would you set it if money were no object, and also 'real estate' were no object? (i.e. you can wear it on any hand, married or not, there is no issue with looking married etc... Just whatever finger you like. You live in a world where there are no customs about rings; there is no such thing as a wedding set. It does not have to sit flush or match another ring.) You can use colored stones, but the 1ct RB is white and has to be the center stone. (ha ha, I know you size-loving PS'ers are all disappointed it can't be a side stone....
2.gif
)
It must be a ring (finger), not a pendant, earring, toe ring, etc... The key factor here being beauty, not practicality etc... (Oh and you can never change the ring or upgrade it!)

Okay, hopefully that's enough criteria....

p.s. pictures / examples are welcome, as always!

widget

Ideal_Rock
What a great idea, OFG!!!

Hmmm, I''m going to have to think about this one...I''ll get back to you later.
1.gif

widget

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matched with another 1 ct round brilliant as side stones, with a 4 ct round brilliant in the middle, LOL!!!
9.gif

ETA - Damn! I just re-read the original criteria and it can't be a side stone. You know us all too well!

Ok, then I would do a delicate halo with a three sided pave shank, all set in platinum.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 3:59:57 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Matched with another 1 ct round brilliant as side stones, with a 4 ct round brilliant in the middle, LOL!!!
9.gif

ETA - I just re-read the original criteria and it can''t be a side stone. You know us all too well!
ha ha! I am glad I thought of it in time. If it helps any, your fingers can be as small as you like in this hypothetical situation!
1.gif

Although now I''m thinking, maybe I should have left size out of it, since so many PS''ers want size, they will all put a halo on it, etc... for extra size. I want the real criteria to be beauty, design, flow, work of art etc...., with size not being an issue.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 4:14:10 PM
Author: Although now I''m thinking, maybe I should have left size out of it,
I disagree! I think it''s more fun to have to work a specific size, less honkish stone. (Of course, at first I was whining to myself....does it HAVE to be an RB??? LOL)

Well, here''s what I''ve sort of thought of so far...something similar to this Gumuchian Fills ring: This isn''t my favorite angle for viewing it, but what I like is the idea of the RB "floating in space"...with some ''air'' between it and the halo. Hmm, I wonder how it would looked with the pave diamonds swapped out for rubies? hmmm...

widget

inue02.jpg

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
You mean I can have it put in my front tooth ;-(

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I have a TON of settings, so bear with me...
2.gif

~Up first, a round w/ pears (my all time fav setting for an RB!!)

Tiffany612330689.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~A more elaborate version of a round w/ pears (Natalie K)...

NatalieK54156416506310.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~A classic round w/ baguettes...

RB65480016510.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~And a criss-cross setting w/ pave'' by Tacori...

Tacori513968413.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Here''s the side view of the Tacori...

TacoriSide168469.jpg

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
No question for me, I'd have Leon Mege do an AllyCat...

Allysleonrb.JPG

Scintillating...

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
This Leon also really speaks to me...

Scintillating...

SwirlySemiBezel-web.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go with something like this Ritani

32QQ13.jpg

or this

30QQ13.jpg

or this

15QQ13.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely the WF halo with no prongs...it's got a 1c stone in this one here and i LOVE it....it is 2mm on the shank and the side view is open as well. YUM YUM!!! i loved wearing this ring. it made me a little wistful since it was a very romantic feel...my set is more 'strong' than romantic. hehe.

wf bezel halo no prongs closeup b.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd go the same way - a Ritani style halo, but with prongs, no bezel on the center stone.
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d set it in a variation of either of these two Tiffany settings. I don''t care for the Ribbon from the side because it sits to high for me but love it straight on... and the other (round legacy I think it is)... well, legal I have to alter it twenty percent... so I would. But these are my definite favorite settings for rounds.
roundLegacyRing.JPG
tifribbon.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, before I read your post, I thought of the Tiffany ribbon setting. Love that one. Also love the halos (WF and Allycat''s).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love micropaved halos for rounds as well... and three stones with pear sides... and tapered baguettes on on each side. I really do, I think they are all fabulous and all of them speak to me... the two Tiffany settings however-- they reach out and grab me. Just stunning. As much as I like the other types of settings, none of them make me want to go out and buy a round. The Tiffany settings do though. LOL.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Gypsy, I looooooove that Tiffany ring too...

BeautifulTiffanyLegacyRing654164.JPG

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, this is a no brainer:
image002.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved Indie''s choice and I love Allycats...I also like the two by blingdiva, the tapered bags and the pears on the sides...GEE, can you tell I am indecisive????

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a helpful thread for me, as I have no idea what to do about a setting other than to go with my default plan of a Tiffany 6 prong! I''d really LOVE to get a gorgeous setting, but honestly, it is almost impossible without trying them on!

If it were a RHR, I''d love the Mark Morrell three stone with sapphire sides. I do plan on making one of those eventually.

I love the rounds with pear sides, but I saw one at Tiffany''s with a small center stone, and it did not look as good as Kaleigh''s or KD''s. So I am not going to choose that because I''ll have a center stone under 1.5, I think.

There is a gorgeous deco setting from Sheldon Speyer that I kind of like, but I think I might prefer something that lets the diamond be more of a focus. It won''t let me copy the picture, but it is style #855 on page 2 of the engagement rings. (You have to click on the little pictures on the side to get the display to stop moving and give you info on each ring.)

http://www.sheldonspeyerplatinum.com/menu.htm

I would rather have the above ring than any of the halo rings I''ve seen.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bling Diva, from what site did you get those Tacori pictures? Those are some of the better Tacori pictures I've seen. Their own website is awful. You'd never be able to pick one from there!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d set it in something antique-y looking with an octogonal halo, perhaps exactly like Sweet Violet Blue''s.
9.gif
I love how delicate it is, even with all of the detail like the step cuts along the side. The key to her ring is the proportion, I think. Everything is on a small-scale, so none of the details overwhelm. It just looks delicate, dainty, elegant, and well...classically vintage. I''m not normally a halo, details-y person, but for her ring I''d make an exception.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristy, do you have any pictures of sweetvioletblue''s ring? I did a search--it sounds gorgeous based on what you said--but her pictures aren''t coming up for me.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 5:30:11 PM
Author: Kim N
do you have any pictures of sweetvioletblue''s ring? I did a search--it sounds gorgeous based on what you said--but her pictures aren''t coming up for me.
I posted one here and then Diam100 posted more pictures of it on that same page. I think somehow the pics disappeared off her original thread.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here ya go Kim N:

Sweet Violet Blue''s ring

SwBpic1abc.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
side view

SwBpic3abc.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I posted this on the other thread but I''ll ask again, do y''all know where sweetvioletblue''s ring came from? It is really different and pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results