shape
carat
color
clarity

How trustworthy is Embassy Emeralds?

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
Would you thrust them at their stones are real emeralds and oil only ?

I've talked to their vendor about certain stones and they say are minor oil only. But no certificate.

Any advice on this vendor would be great. Thanks

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
No report = no deal

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I have no experience with them, I have seen many here have good experiences and often recommended. Assuming they have a good return policy (emeralds are particularly hard to evaluate online) I would consider them.

Most stones don't come with certificates. It's too cost prohibitive to get a 3rd party lab report for every stone. Unless very expensive, I wouldn't hesitate to buy an emerald, or any stone, from a reputable and known vendor who is willing to make the sale contingent upon an AGL report backing their claims in terms of treatment, level of treatment and origin (if important). Just have it in writing.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found them trustworthy. However someone saying the oil treatment is minor is just an opinion, and everyone has an opinion...
My case if I wanted a stone to enjoy I would pick out one I liked for the cost and not worry about grading report. If the stone is expensive or costing above a certain amount (for me maybe above 1.5, 2K), I would prefer to have a grading report accompany the stone.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
+1, I’d just pay to get my own emerald certified, or ask Embassy Emeralds to mail it to GIA at your cost.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone who bought from Embassy Emeralds ever sent their purchase in for a lab report? I see so many gorgeous lab emeralds, and the ones Embassy sell look pretty clean to me, maybe too clean, for the price...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1, I’d just pay to get my own emerald certified, or ask Embassy Emeralds to mail it to GIA at your cost.
This is what I would do as well.

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone recently purchased from or communicated with Embassy Emeralds?
I have been trying, in vain, to make a purchase from them. After reading the positive reviews about Embassy Emeralds on these forums, I decided to give them a try. Alas, their communication/customer service has been very much so lacking....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results