shape
carat
color
clarity

How to waterproof suede boots?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered these boots and I can''t tell if they are waterproof or not (but I don''t think so or else they would say it, right???), so how do I waterproof them? I want to take them to Aspen with me next week but I need them to be *functional* (i.e., able to trudge through the snow) as well as cute!

Here is a pic and a link with more info:

link

Vicini.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I have a waterproofing spray I bought at the shoe store that I use on all my shoes. I think it''s called weatherguard or something inane like that, LOL.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto Gecko. Those boots are SUPER cute!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I also have waterproofed suede boots with a spray from the store, but there is a separate one for suede (vs. the spray for regular leather). Super cute boots by the way.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nordstrom carries waterproofing spray made specifically for suede. With suede, even after waterproofing, once the boots get wet, your feet may begin feeling cold. I'm not sure about the boots you purchased, but my Uggs do that.

From Nord, you can also get a suede cleaning bar and brush set for $6 or so. It works really good at cleaning off dirt!

Hope you have a nice vacation!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto gecko. Cute boots! Take me to Aspen with you!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the replies!

The boots came today and they ARE super cute! The soles are a bit more pronounced that I thought they would be, but that just makes them a little fun and funky, so I'm OK with it. And they open down far enough that I can easily slip my jeans inside if it's sloppy out, so score on that point too!

There are some shoe repair places around me and I'm going to go and get the spray this afternoon. Do you think I need to do it more than once or should that be enough?

BTW, if anyone ever orders from this company be warned that these boots are running a bit big so their other stuff might too, just FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results