shape
carat
color
clarity

How to take good picture of e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevin_79

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have a Canon S500 digital camara. I tried to take pictures of the Solasfera e-ring that I just bought for my, now, fiance. I wasn''t successful of doing it. The camara couldn''t adjust to get a clear image of the diamond. Anyone has any suggestion? How do you take pictures of your e-ring?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Wish I could help. I''m still trying to figure that one out.
You may get more responses if you move this thread over to Rocky Talk or Diamond Hangout.

Good Luck

1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well first make sure you are using the Macro mode on the camera. Second of all, if the macro mode doesn''t get very close and clear pictures, you can try taking a picture with a loupe or even a magnifying glass.

Also, as a last resort, some people here have gotten some pretty decent pics from just a scanner!

Good luck!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Use macro mode and turn off the flash.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2005 5:46:40 PM
Author: NyssaLynne
Use macro mode and turn off the flash.
Right. And if you have one of those little tripods, they help. Any minute shaking of the camera ends up with blurry photos. I rest the camera on a table or book so that it doesn''t shake.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i second and third ''no flash'' and use the ''macro'' setting.

use the loupe if your camera cannot focus even with the macro. sometimes mine needs to get farther away even with macro to focus, i just take the shot and then when i upload it, the image is HUGE anyway (because it''s a 1MB file) and i just crop out the closeup of the diamond and save that.

so it''s still possible to not be jammed up close to the stone/diamond and still get a closeup.

good luck

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/21/2005 5:58:26 PM
Author: Mara
i just take the shot and then when i upload it, the image is HUGE anyway (because it''s a 1MB file) and i just crop out the closeup of the diamond and save that.
Mara, I never thought of that. I always think of the picture as a whole and only crop out the excess exterior edge stuff.

moolman

Rough_Rock
The problem is if you are using a digital camera with a small lens, so if you have one of those canon powershots or basically any lens smaller than a half dollar, you''ll have a hard time. If you have a camcorder that can take pictures, it comes out very good at close range because of the big lens.

DiamondLover23

Shiny_Rock
Did you ever end up posting pics?

;-)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2005 1:53:22 PM
Author:kevin_79
Hi everyone,

I have a Canon S500 digital camara. I tried to take pictures of the Solasfera e-ring that I just bought for my, now, fiance. I wasn''t successful of doing it. The camara couldn''t adjust to get a clear image of the diamond. Anyone has any suggestion? How do you take pictures of your e-ring?

I can completely relate. I''m also new at takng ring pics. It''s very hard to get a nice, clear shot. But keep trying, and it should get better. The tips from other members help too.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am having issues keeping my photos super high res but still small enough filesize to post without killing Leonid''s board. This should beold hat for me but apparently Im not so good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results