shape
carat
color
clarity

How To Store South Sea Pearl Earrings For Travel?

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've got several pairs (okay 5 pairs) of South Sea pearl earrings ranging from studs to dangling earrings. They are 11mm to 13mm big. I'm trying to figure out the best way to store them in a travel jewelry box. Most of the travel boxes I see have a hole to put the earring in but since the pearls are so large the box won't close!

I would like to travel with them but am trying to avoid using little plastic baggies to store them. I know that you're not supposed to store them together so it'll scratch the nacre.

TIA!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been storing them in the zipper bags but I read that they're supposed to breathe.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Spending time in a plastic bag will not hurt your pearls. They spend months travelling from farm to factory to wholesaler to retailer in plastic bags..and...together. tahits-300x169.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're not recommending you store them permanently in bags... just when traveling. The bags will not hurt the pearls.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG OMG OMG @luckyhonu this is going to sound TOTALLY weird and stalkery but I remember you!!

I mean, I don't know you at all, but I know you've got a 3.3ct ACA and a size 2.25 finger because you have NO idea how many times I've mulled wistfully over your photos over the years...

Could you indulge me and pretty please post a hundred or so more photos? In some other thread, I guess - I don't need to take over this one in the wrong subforum... :mrgreen2: I honestly never thought I'd "meet" you and get to ask :kiss2::cool2:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I have a small drawstring bag with six pockets, with satin lining. I scratched a GSS pendant once, so I'm paranoid. I keep one pearl in each pocket.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@yssie Thank you for appreciating and remembering my ring! I didn't take that many pictures because my camera skills are not that great like most PSers =)2 Plus I'm clumsy so the shank badly needs a polishing. It's been 3.5 years since I've gotten the ring and I've worn it nearly every day since :D

@ennui That's a good idea for the drawstring bag, I can put my watch in there as well. As I have several pairs of SS pearl earrings I don't think there's one that can hold that many but I can put the earrings in small plastic bags.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results