shape
carat
color
clarity

How To Store South Sea Pearl Earrings For Travel?

Discussion in 'Pearls' started by luckyhonu, Apr 23, 2019.

1. luckyhonu
    Brilliant_Rock

by luckyhonu » Apr 23, 2019
    I've got several pairs (okay 5 pairs) of South Sea pearl earrings ranging from studs to dangling earrings. They are 11mm to 13mm big. I'm trying to figure out the best way to store them in a travel jewelry box. Most of the travel boxes I see have a hole to put the earring in but since the pearls are so large the box won't close!

I would like to travel with them but am trying to avoid using little plastic baggies to store them. I know that you're not supposed to store them together so it'll scratch the nacre.

TIA!

2. pearlsngems
    Brilliant_Rock

3. luckyhonu
    Brilliant_Rock

by luckyhonu » Apr 23, 2019
    I've been storing them in the zipper bags but I read that they're supposed to breathe.

4. cmd2014
    Ideal_Rock

5. Pearlescence
    Shiny_Rock
    Trade

by Pearlescence » Apr 24, 2019
    Spending time in a plastic bag will not hurt your pearls. They spend months travelling from farm to factory to wholesaler to retailer in plastic bags..and...together. tahits-300x169.jpg

PreRaphaelite likes this.
  6. pearlsngems
    Brilliant_Rock

by pearlsngems » Apr 25, 2019
    We're not recommending you store them permanently in bags... just when traveling. The bags will not hurt the pearls.

NacreLover likes this.
  7. luckyhonu
    Brilliant_Rock

8. yssie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by yssie » Jun 6, 2019
    OMG OMG OMG @luckyhonu this is going to sound TOTALLY weird and stalkery but I remember you!!

I mean, I don't know you at all, but I know you've got a 3.3ct ACA and a size 2.25 finger because you have NO idea how many times I've mulled wistfully over your photos over the years...

Could you indulge me and pretty please post a hundred or so more photos? In some other thread, I guess - I don't need to take over this one in the wrong subforum... :mrgreen2: I honestly never thought I'd "meet" you and get to ask :kiss2::cool2:

9. ennui
    Brilliant_Rock

by ennui » Jun 7, 2019
    I have a small drawstring bag with six pockets, with satin lining. I scratched a GSS pendant once, so I'm paranoid. I keep one pearl in each pocket.

10. luckyhonu
    Brilliant_Rock

by luckyhonu » Jun 7, 2019
    @yssie Thank you for appreciating and remembering my ring! I didn't take that many pictures because my camera skills are not that great like most PSers =)2 Plus I'm clumsy so the shank badly needs a polishing. It's been 3.5 years since I've gotten the ring and I've worn it nearly every day since :D

@ennui That's a good idea for the drawstring bag, I can put my watch in there as well. As I have several pairs of SS pearl earrings I don't think there's one that can hold that many but I can put the earrings in small plastic bags.

yssie likes this.