shape
carat
color
clarity

How to set a chrome tourmaline

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! Its been a long while since I last started a thread and this time I am coming seeking some setting advice. I recently purchased a chrome tourmaline from Jeff Davies. I am generally not a fan of green or tourmaline but something about the color in Jeff’s video grabbed my attention and when I first saw it in person, the stone really exceeded my expectations. It is a bright and vivid green that is quite dispersive and it is around 9.5 mm in diameter.

The vivid green color is a departure from what I usually go for and I am struggling with ideas for how to set it. I am open to either a ring or a pendant but don’t know what metal color would be best and I want to do some smaller colored stone accents in this piece. I was thinking that vivid red melee stones, like spinel, would nicely compliment the color, but I’m not sure. If anyone has advice or wants to show pictures of their chrome tourmalines that have been set that would be wonderful!
IMG_0102.JPG

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how exciting! I love setting projects.
I think red spinel melee may bring it over to the Christmas side of things. If that's what you like than I say go for it! If not, what about a vivid pink?

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Personally, I would go for a rose or yellow gold, or possibly a cool based green gold for a more monochromatic look. I can imagine also yellow gems around, or just a few small diamonds.

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
That is a very good point about it becoming Christmas-y with red side stones, Elle! I have attached another photo that is more accurate in terms of the stone's color.

IMG_0107.JPG

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very good point about it becoming Christmas-y with red side stones, Elle! I have attached another photo that is more accurate in terms of the stone's color.

IMG_0107.JPG

God, that's gorgeous!!!

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
I am not exactly sure if mine is chrome but it is the deep green color I have mine set in 18k white gold . Good luck :twirl: IMG_0937.JPG

mahaha

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, nice! I was thinking about grabbing it. Seems like it is still on his website? Congrats, it's a really nice stone!

For this size, I think it would be great on a pendant. I think white metal/diamonds is pretty safe. To be more fun, what about paraiba tourmalines? Red would definitely give it more pop, but I think it would be too christmas-y.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results