shape
carat
color
clarity

How to reach Julia Kay Taylor?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone recently been in touch with Julia Kay Taylor, the wonderful jewelry designer who works in Argentium silver (and other metals)?

Last year, the stone fell out of the ring she made me many years ago (my own fault, not hers!), and I emailed her about repairing it. She was moving her studio and asked me to get back in touch in a few weeks. What with one thing and another, a few weeks stretched out into months. I just emailed her again, but my email bounced back. Googling her, I found an obituary for someone with her same name, who passed away March 22, 2018. I'm really hoping the woman in the obituary is a different Julia Kay Taylor.

Does anybody know whether our beloved jeweler is still alive and if so, how to reach her?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone recently been in touch with Julia Kay Taylor, the wonderful jewelry designer who works in Argentium silver (and other metals)?

Last year, the stone fell out of the ring she made me many years ago (my own fault, not hers!), and I emailed her about repairing it. She was moving her studio and asked me to get back in touch in a few weeks. What with one thing and another, a few weeks stretched out into months. I just emailed her again, but my email bounced back. Googling her, I found an obituary for someone with her same name, who passed away March 22, 2018. I'm really hoping the woman in the obituary is a different Julia Kay Taylor.

Does anybody know whether our beloved jeweler is still alive and if so, how to reach her?

I don't think that obituary is for the same JKT. If I recall correctly from working with JKT on the ring she made for me (in 2013-14), she was based in Arizona. That said, I cannot access what I had as her website, nor do any searches turn up an active site, FB, etc. for her. I wonder if she just stepped away from jewelry entirely, which would be sad indeed! :(2

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thank you t_m_t. I hope you're right that she's not the one in the obituary. That would be just too sad! Sad enough if she's just not making jewelry any more.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you t_m_t. I hope you're right that she's not the one in the obituary. That would be just too sad! Sad enough if she's just not making jewelry any more.

:wavey: Just following up to see if you have had any luck locating JKT.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try reaching out to Barry of acs gems. He's got some JKT pieces on his site and may have her contact info.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@glitterata -

Did you reach out to Barry? I wondered if anyone ever found out what happened to her.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I never did reach out to Barry, but I did have the ring repaired. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find anyone familiar enough with Argentium sterling silver, which is a bit different from the standard alloy, but DanM works with Argentium silver and was able to set the diamond back in the setting Julia made for me.

I take it nobody's heard from Julia?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results