carat
color
clarity

How to price trilliant sidestones?

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello!

I'm having trouble figuring out how to price a pair of trilliant sidestones. I bought my engagement ring through Whiteflash 11 years ago, an emerald-cut diamond with trilliant sidestones in a platinum setting. A couple of years later I reset the center into a solitaire and the trilliants into settings I could loop my diamond studs through. I now want to sell the trilliants (a fellow PSer has asked about them!) and I have no idea what they are worth. Per my WF receipt and Lastovica appraisal, they are 0.50ctw, F/G color and VS clarity.

I contacted WF today and was told that since they were under .30 carats each, they are uncertified and therefore were not priced seperately but included in the price of the setting. She then advised to compare the price of my setting against one of their empty 3stone settings and subtract that from what I paid, to get the price of the trilliants. Hopefully that makes sense!! I paid $2520 for a platinum 3-stone setting with trilliant sidestones. A comparable WF setting is about $1740, so my sidestones could be worth $780.

Basically, I just want to give my fellow PSer a fair and good price.

What do you think??

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it were me, for another PSer and considering the trillions have been set, un-set, re-set, and un-set, I'd probably price them between $400 and $500, depending on who is paying for shipping and on the method of purchase (fees), etc. In other words, if you're covering insured shipping and receiving payment via regular PayPal, I'd price $475-$500. If purchaser is paying for shipping and using PayPal Friends & Family, I'd sell at $400. Just my 2 cents!

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello and thanks! Yes, they were set and then reset into the earring accompaniments. I was thinking $475 would be fair as I am covering postage and ins.

Thank you for your thoughts and help!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results