shape
carat
color
clarity

How to measure a gemstone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Is there a instrument I can buy online that will show me how to measure a gemstone? I have several stones that I bought a while ago and I''m interested in purchasing some LOGR settings but I''m not sure of the sizes. Unfortunately due to my geographical location I don''t have a local jewler either to ask!

Thanks!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU!!!
36.gif

Do you think that this will work from Amazon?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
The functions on that one are pretty much like mine, and the price is great.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
This is a very timely thread, as I was just hunting for a digital caliper yesterday. Thanks!

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Easiest way to measure the stone is to flip it over, and lay it on it''s table. Then measure it with the calipers. This way it lays flat for you.

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
Perfect timing. I was wondering this too. Thanks for the links!

I have an asscher like cut stone with clipped corners. When ordering a LOGR setting, do i take the measurement of the sides or do i measure the smaller clipped corners?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 4:10:55 PM
Author: Narwhal
Perfect timing. I was wondering this too. Thanks for the links!

I have an asscher like cut stone with clipped corners. When ordering a LOGR setting, do i take the measurement of the sides or do i measure the smaller clipped corners?
If you were having a setting custom made, I think it would be more accurate to measure diagonally, clipped corner to corner. However, I think that LOGR measures side to side. I would message them to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results