shape
carat
color
clarity

How to clean a ring with micropave band...

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
I was wondering what the best method for cleaning my engagement ring would be if it has a micropave band. I do not want to worry about losing any of the stones. My ring is also platinum if that makes a difference in cleaning methods.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would think that the safest bet is to soak it in warm water mixed with either dish soap or a little Mr. Clean. You can also do a quick wipe with alcohol.

I usually use that SparkleSparkle spray that WF used to sell/include with purchase. I love love love it. SO either that or 91% alcohol is my typical choice, plus a small toothbrush or one of the SparkleSparkle brushes.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto Ame. I usually put mine in the pink jewelry cleaner stuff while I"m in the shower and then take it out once I'm dressed.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too. I used to love the sparklesparkle stuff! I saved a container from jewelry cleaner and use a mixture of sudsing ammonia and water.
I drop my stuff in it at night and in the morning take it out, rinse it off and hit it with my hair dryer to dry it. Sometimes I use a baby toothbrush on just the center stone.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I soak my micropave ring in warm water with Dawn dishwashing liquid and it works great. I also have a Jewel Jet steamer and that does a fantastic job.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Nobody uses an ultrasonic with their pave bands? Is it disastrous?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
TristanC|1323561988|3078799 said:
I don't usually use one at all anymore. I have a professional one but I just don't break itout a lot. I don't have anywhere to just leave it set up. I will bust out the steamer though from time to time. But I usually just use a little brush and the SparkleSparkle (I buy from their site directly, nventa.com, and i have seen it on HSN a few times in the past). And hot-warm water. If I am in a pinch and don't have time for a brusha brusha, I wash my hands with either dish soap or Bath and Body Works Antibacterial Deep Cleansing soap. Of which I have a lifetime supply.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
TristanC|1323561988|3078799 said:

I don't. There are different school of thought. Some believe that if the pave is made well enough it should hold up in an unltrasonic just fine, and if a stone is loose enough to fall out, better to do it in an ultrasonic. But, many designers like Michael B, Leon etc. will highly recommend not putting pave in an ultrasonic. I do let a jeweler do it a couple times a year but would not do it every day or at home.

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the recommendations!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
So I have been using warm water and dish soap as recommended, and it works really well. However, I believe my parents are buying me an ultrasonic cleaner, should I just avoid using it and return it or is it okay to have for an occasional cleaning? Would it be best to use the money for something else? I don't want to wreck my ring.

As far as the quality and durability of the pave stones...does it make a difference being a designer ring?

Sorry for the questions!! I am new at this~!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results